Belmont Race #10

Raven

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 pm

The track vet should apologize to the owners of the #5 Karen's Gem and the public for allowing her to run

She (the vet) attended to the horses twice checking her mouth and never took her eyes off the horse until she went in the gate. The horse broke ok but she steadily bucked up through the field and walked home. Disgraceful.

Sour grapes on my part?
You will soon break the bow if you keep it always stretched ~Faedus~
stark

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:08 pm

If your vent is warranted, a major portion of it should be directed at jock Manny Franco, he's the one that has to feel if something is wrong imho.

Maybe Thinair knows something about it?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Raven

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:41 pm

That was only part vent. If a jock has no control of his mount can be a dangerous situation for all

Plus I lost money

I think the vet has the authority to scratch
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 am

FWIW, the Equibase chart caller saw "no apparent incident," just a dull performance. Also, you wrote "bucked up through the field." Did you mean "backed up"? I assume the chart caller would have noticed a bucking horse.
Raven

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 am

I meant to write Backed up. Thanks for pointing that out
Anyway,I know what I seen.
Maybe I overreacted, but hey,I'm a horseplayer
Forry Cow How

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 am

Karen's Gem ran off pre-race with Franco. He couldn't slow her down or pull her up. The outrider had to catch her and even then it looked like it was hard to pull her up. I think she was just a tired horse in the race. They should have scratched her. She went off at 9/2 I think. Those who had her in the P6 would have gotten 5 out of 6 since the favorite won. I thought the bettors were done a disservice by not scratching her. Just my two cents. I didn't bet on her and I am no expert on anything.