Waiting for news on ...

BaroqueAgain1

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:00 pm

In the 6th at Saratoga, a 1-mile $25,000 claimer moved from the turf to the dirt (and shortened, IIRC), the #4, Altar Boy, was pulled up early in the stretch. No news yet, but it looked like he took a 'bad step' behind.
Catalina

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:13 pm

As of right now, the NY database just lists it as a racing incident, that Altar Boy was pulled up and vanned off.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Thanks for checking.
mariasmon

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Prado's Sweet Ride pulled up early in the One Dreamer at Kentucky Downs today. Anyone know how she is?
genuinerizk

Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:26 am

According to the owner - Prado's Sweet Ride is ok. She was checked over by 2 vets.
mariasmon

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 am

genuinerizk wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:26 am
According to the owner - Prado's Sweet Ride is ok. She was checked over by 2 vets.
Good. Thanks!
Sparrow Castle

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Prado's Sweet Ride, pulled up just after the start of the One Dreamer S. on Saturday, is fine
Prado's Sweet Ride suffered no injuries during an incident early in the One Dreamer Stakes on Saturday at Kentucky Downs, trainer Chris Block reported Monday morning.

Prado's Sweet Ride was pulled up in apparent distress just after the start of the One Dreamer and vanned off the course, but even by the time the state veterinarian arrived on the Kentucky Downs backstretch it seemed apparent there was nothing seriously amiss with the mare.

"She stepped in a hole or divot three strides in, either a soft spot or an uneven spot," said Block. Prado's Sweet Ride hopped awkwardly on her hind end trying to balance herself giving the visual impression she had gone wrong, which is what jockey Julien Leparoux told Block he felt from Prado's Sweet Ride's back. "Julien thought she broke down and I did, too."

Prado's Sweet Ride was vanned off the course as a precautionary measure and never showed any sign of lameness, said Block.

The Illinois-bred mare is scheduled to be retired at the end of this racing season and Block said he had no firm plan regarding potential races this fall.
http://live.drf.com/nuggets/44921-prado ... ay-is-fine
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:05 pm

In the 6th at Kentucky Downs, their Juvenile Turf Sprint Stakes, one of the favorites, Chattel, went down during the race. TVG hadn't shown the race yet, and they may end up NOT showing it, depending on how bad it is for for horse and/or rider.
And Scot did a long interview with rider Kendrick Carmouche talking about his colt just before the race. :(
Did anyone watch the race on TVG2?

ETA: Scot just relayed the sad news that Chattel was euthanized on the track. Kendrick appears to have some sort of leg injury, although he was moving all his limbs before being loaded into an ambulance.
It also sounds like Chattel's fall and injury may have been caused by another rider/horse, as the 3rd-place horse was DQ'd to last. :(
Sparrow Castle

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Really sucks! Chattel had all the promise in the world. Hoping for the best for Kendrick.

Frank Angst @BH_FAngst
5m5 minutes ago
The stewards disqualified Sovereign Impact (Adam Beschizza up). In stretch, Sovereign Impact came off rail, forcing out Chattel who then clipped heels with Blame the Frog. Chattel then fell.

Frank Angst @BH_FAngst
2m2 minutes ago
In the fall, Chattel fractured his right shoulder and was euthanized.
Dusty

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:11 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:27 pm
Really sucks! Chattel had all the promise in the world. Hoping for the best for Kendrick.

Frank Angst @BH_FAngst
5m5 minutes ago
The stewards disqualified Sovereign Impact (Adam Beschizza up). In stretch, Sovereign Impact came off rail, forcing out Chattel who then clipped heels with Blame the Frog. Chattel then fell.

Frank Angst @BH_FAngst
2m2 minutes ago
In the fall, Chattel fractured his right shoulder and was euthanized.
This one breaks my heart - soooooo did not have to happen - Rest Well and run free Chattel
May they run with the WIND
Catalina

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Carmouche likely out eight weeks with hairline fracture of femur (and very lucky it isn't worse).

RIP Chattel, it wasn't supposed to end like this.
peeptoad

Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:34 pm

That's terrible news about Chattel. I feel really bad about it. He was an up and coming 2yo and that was just a sheer accident that didn't end well. Shows how treacherous the game can be sometimes.
ElPrado2

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 am

Bronson, came in 4th in the Kentucky Turf Cup, sustained catastrophic injuries to his left hind leg after the finish and had to be euthanized at the barn.
The confirmation is in the Carmouche story in today's TDN.
Mylute

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:35 am

ElPrado2 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 am
Bronson, came in 4th in the Kentucky Turf Cup, sustained catastrophic injuries to his left hind leg after the finish and had to be euthanized at the barn.
The confirmation is in the Carmouche story in today's TDN.
Dang. A lot of family behind this guy. RIP.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Sparrow Castle

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:37 pm

From Facebook:

The Player
1 hr ·
Dr. Chuck McCauley called this morning to say that the X-rays of The Players ankle looked great and that the ankle is fused. Chris Wetherby and I will travel Thursday night to Baton Rouge so that we may pick up The Player Friday morning. We plan to make 2 five hour stops along the way back so that Angus can rest. Dr. McCauley said that he would cry for happiness to see him go back to his home farm in Frankfort, KY. and cry for sadness to see him leave LSU. Many thanks goes to Dr. McCauley, Dr. Laura Riggs, Dr. Colin Mitchell, Dr. Patton, and ALL of the LSU staff for the wonderful care they have given our horse. They have all kept us informed throughout the recovery process of Angus and have given him the best care. Thank you to Co-owners/breeders Carl and Jan Hurst who have been so supportive through all the years as partners on many horses(including Groupie Doll) and that they always take care and do the right thing for the horse.

I will let you know when we leave LSU and maybe even a few updates along the way back to KY. We also will plan to have an Open House for The Player(Angus) sometime in October. I will be sure to post all events. Again thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes along the way as I am sure it helped! ALSO thanks for the picture Dr. Patton. Angus looks good in purple.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:38 pm

That is wonderful news. I feel the need for a Dancing Banana emoji. :D
lurkey mclurker

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:55 pm

I think we need the dancing banana conga line! \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/ <--that will have to do, alas

So heartening to get a happy ending for this horse. May he enjoy a long and comfortable retirement!
Mylute

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:24 pm

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Sparrow Castle

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Happy Day for sure. Next thing ya know, we'll be posting about him in the Stallions thread. Great job, everyone - safe travels, Angus and Buff!

The Player
1 hr ·
I have to say it was very emotional to be able to lead this beast out to be loaded to head home. I am anxious, nervous, and excited. The vets and staff at LSU have been nothing short of awesome for the past nearly 6 months. The care they have given Angus and the communication with us has been exceptional.
Instead of new post along the way I plan just to respond to this post and will do a new post when we arrive home tomorrow. It’s going to be a long trip but so far all is well.
L-R Dr Colin Mitchell, Buff, Angus, Dr Chuck McCauley, Dr Laura Riggs

Great LSU students and vets

“THE PRAYERS” HELPED HEAL “THE PLAYER;” NOW TRAINER & HORSE ARE HEADED HOME TO FRANKFORT
https://thepressboxlts.com/the-prayers- ... frankfort/
WarBiscuit

Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:32 pm
Happy Day for sure. Next thing ya know, we'll be posting about him in the Stallions thread. Great job, everyone - safe travels, Angus and Buff!

The Player
1 hr ·
I have to say it was very emotional to be able to lead this beast out to be loaded to head home. I am anxious, nervous, and excited. The vets and staff at LSU have been nothing short of awesome for the past nearly 6 months. The care they have given Angus and the communication with us has been exceptional.
Instead of new post along the way I plan just to respond to this post and will do a new post when we arrive home tomorrow. It’s going to be a long trip but so far all is well.

“THE PRAYERS” HELPED HEAL “THE PLAYER;” NOW TRAINER & HORSE ARE HEADED HOME TO FRANKFORT
https://thepressboxlts.com/the-prayers- ... frankfort/
What a journey this boy has been on. Thanks so much, Sparrow Castle, for keeping us updated on Angus. These pictures today - well, some things just make you smile. Bet they can't wait to pull into the driveway and step on to the green, green grass of home.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken