Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby barbaro111 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:That is an amazing colt. Clearly, whoever raised & trained him did a great job of teaching him to trust humans, but I don't know if even the seemingly-saintly Zenyatta would have stayed put like that. :o
I really hope he completely recovers...and that tons of breeders bring him mares, hoping to get some of that intelligence and good temperament.

As sweet and laid back as American Pharoah is, i dont know if would cooperate to that degree---
The Player is a remarkable horse!!!
barbaro111

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Westwood (Bernardini x Ashado) started bearing out badly on the backstretch of the True North at Belmont and it looks like he was pulled up. Did not cross the wire. I hope the beautifully-bred colt will be OK. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Katewerk » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Westwood (Bernardini x Ashado) started bearing out badly on the backstretch of the True North at Belmont and it looks like he was pulled up. Did not cross the wire. I hope the beautifully-bred colt will be OK. :(

Vanned off.

@DRFGrening
10m10 minutes ago

Westwood, who was bearing out down the backside, was pulled up by John Velazquez. Vets are looking at his left foreleg.
Katewerk

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Glad to hear this:

Jeremy Balan Verified account@BH_JBalan
39m39 minutes ago
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin says Westwood has a pretty bad hoof injury, which was why he was pulled up in the True North. John Velazquez indicated he may have grabbed a quarter.

McLaughlin: “He broke his hoof. He’s going to be OK ... but it’s going to take some time.”
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Ow. But it's much better news than something like fractured sesamoids or shoulder.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby sweettalk » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Just Whistle eased in the final at Belmont, June 9.

any info, please
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Flanders » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:46 pm

sweettalk wrote:Just Whistle eased in the final at Belmont, June 9.

any info, please

Haven't found anything. It may be a few days but NYRA keeps a list at: https://breakdown.gaming.ny.gov/
Flanders

Postby sweettalk » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Flanders wrote:
sweettalk wrote:Just Whistle eased in the final at Belmont, June 9.

any info, please

Haven't found anything. It may be a few days but NYRA keeps a list at: https://breakdown.gaming.ny.gov/

didn't know that, that's pretty useful. bookmarked it, thank you.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 pm

From Facebook:

The Player is with William Buff Bradley at LSU School of Veterinary Medicine.
17 mins · Baton Rouge, LA ·
We all have missed him so much and I have to say he looks happy. He still has some time to go before he will get to come home. Carl And I will meet with the vet tomorrow and hope to let everybody know soon.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 pm

From Facebook...

The Player is at LSU School of Veterinary Medicine.
3 hrs · Baton Rouge, LA ·
Carl and I got to spend the last 3 days with our boy Angus and it was a good visit. Every vet and intern that we talked with just loves Angus and said that he is just a special kind of horse and knows how to take care of himself. Still there are two concerns which are stability and infection. So it is still a time thing as he has not healed enough to take out the plate and screws which could be the source of infection if there is one. If he gets more stable in the the next few weeks then we can leave the implant in. Overall the vets seem positive and feel that in a few weeks we will know more of a timeframe as to when we can get him out of there and back home. Carl and I were glad to see him and feel that he is progressing well while receiving great care by all of the LSU staff.
Sparrow Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?