Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Prairie Bayou » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Meteoroid, a 6yo Dynaformer gelding, broke down in the 1st at SAR and was euthanized on the track.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Secret Shopper went wrong and apparently went down with rider Jamie Theriot in the 4th at Del Mar.

ETA: The filly suffered 'catastrophic' injuries and was euthanized. :(
Jaimie Theriot walked out of First Aid and is headed to the hospital to be checked out.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Diver52 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm

^^^^

Right after Ron Ellis noted the track's 2017 safety record and then said something like "I hope I haven't jinxed it." :(
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Taoiseach was pulled up on the first turn in the 3rd at Saratoga.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby WaquoitNBroadBrush » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 am

Two breakdowns in one race Sept. 1, the 1st race at Timonium:

Behind the Times (7yo, 42-1-1-5) and Cuban Argument (4yo, 13-1-0-0).
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Postby Le Beau Bai » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:36 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:Two breakdowns in one race Sept. 1, the 1st race at Timonium:

Behind the Times (7yo, 42-1-1-5) and Cuban Argument (4yo, 13-1-0-0).

They both have death reports with the JC :(
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Postby TapitsGal » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 am

Fast Talkin Man vanned off in the super Derby
TapitsGal

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 pm

There was a multi-horse spill in the 3rd at Delaware, with what sounded like FIVE horses involved. Only two horses crossed the wire with their riders still aboard. TVG relayed info that two of the horses were up and moving, with one who passed the finish minus rider.
I didn't see it, but it doesn't sound good for a couple of the runners. :(

ETA: TVG just announced that Delaware has taken races 5 and 7 off the turf to run on the main, and that the horses for race 4 haven't even left the saddling paddock.
I fear that means there are multiple horses and maybe multiple riders still down on the turf course, and perhaps not enough ambulances (horse or human) to handle everyone at once.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:21 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:There was a multi-horse spill in the 3rd at Delaware, with what sounded like FIVE horses involved. Only two horses crossed the wire with their riders still aboard. TVG relayed info that two of the horses were up and moving, with one who passed the finish minus rider.
I didn't see it, but it doesn't sound good for a couple of the runners. :(

ETA: TVG just announced that Delaware has taken races 5 and 7 off the turf to run on the main, and that the horses for race 4 haven't even left the saddling paddock.
I fear that means there are multiple horses and maybe multiple riders still down on the turf course, and perhaps not enough ambulances (horse or human) to handle everyone at once.

Ray Paulick‏ @raypaulick
Initial report from jockey agent Tom Stift is that Victor Carrasco may have broken tibia from @DelParkRacing R3 spill. .... cont.

Agent Tom Stift said jockey Jose Ferrer also being examined, but apparently no serious injury. Other 3 jocks involved in spill seem OK...

Early report @DelParkRacing R3 5-horse spill - all horses walked off. Chain reaction began when pacesetter Really slipped on turf, fell.

Edited to add:
Ray Paulick‏ @raypaulick
Update from agent Tom Stift on @VictorJockey Carrasco, in @DelParkRacing spill: fractured fibia & tibia in 2 spots on lower right leg.
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks for that update, SC. Pretty amazing if five horses came out of all that with no serious injuries. Maybe falling on turf helped prevent broken bones?
ETA: Paulick has an article:
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/peop ... ng-x-rays/
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?