The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Catalina » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Tessablue wrote:...and I'm not certain that a $600 superfecta is mathematically possible this year. Super payouts are heavily driven down when big favorites finish first, and the past two years have both featured heavily favored winners with second and third betting choices also hitting the board. This year is unlikely to produce a favorite lower than 5-1, and even if that favorite wins, the super is highly likely to pay out tens of thousands of dollars at minimum. I'd say from both logical and personal perspectives that there's no reason to throw cold water on that particular dream.

Hey, I'm all for a super that pays upwards of 5 digits. Heck, 4 digits wouldn't be shabby.
Catalina

Postby Starine » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Starine wrote:Tired of being broke and unhappy. Been applying to other jobs but no bites so far.

I'm also tired of feeling discouraged and hopeless. Depression blows.

Sorry to hear that... hope things turn around for you soon.

Thank you for reaching out. It's hard to when you are depressed -- you know people always say that you should but then all it seems to do mostly is scare others away, or people just think you are whiny.
Starine

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Starine wrote:
Tessablue wrote:
Starine wrote:Tired of being broke and unhappy. Been applying to other jobs but no bites so far.

I'm also tired of feeling discouraged and hopeless. Depression blows.

Sorry to hear that... hope things turn around for you soon.

Thank you for reaching out. It's hard to when you are depressed -- you know people always say that you should but then all it seems to do mostly is scare others away, or people just think you are whiny.

Meh, I'm a professional complainer. People still love me even if I drive them crazy. It's not easy connecting with people - SO's or friends. The late 20's/early 30's is a real dearth of friends and connections that people are for some reason afraid to admit.

It's their loss girl. I don't make a lot either and I routinely feel mad and anxious about never having any money. I don't even know where my college diploma is I'm that mad at it. I can't imagine even spending $5 on an Ikea frame to frame such a waste of time. But only in America are we ever able to feel education is a waste. My grandma didn't even go to middle school. Don't let your job or money consume you. I'm pretty poor too and life is a lot more than money. And I get how ridiculous that sounds. I think you'll be just fine.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby ElPrado2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:44 am

Could be worse.
I just woke up because the garbage truck at the Burger King on the corner dropped the dumpster from at least 3 feet up onto pavement. Probably levitated 60 people out of bed at 6 AM on a Saturday. I could open my front door and learn curses in 14 languages. It then compressed everything. I'm letting it cool down out there before I get the paper.
ElPrado2

Postby Ballerina » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:05 am

The health Gods have it in for me. After going through a year and a half of pure hell with all things gone wrong, I've now been diagnosed with a fractured thoracic vertebrae and OsteoP. Going on a generic for Fosamax. When the hell will it ever end?!~
Ballerina

Postby Catalina » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Ballerina wrote:The health Gods have it in for me. After going through a year and a half of pure hell with all things gone wrong, I've now been diagnosed with a fractured thoracic vertebrae and OsteoP. Going on a generic for Fosamax. When the hell will it ever end?!~

Go see an expert, very soon. Nowadays they can... surgically reshape fractured vertebrae (without spinal cord damage) in a very quick procedure, takes something like 15 minutes for the substance (plastic? glue ?) to harden, but this only works on new fractures, not old ones.
Catalina

Postby Ballerina » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Catalina wrote:
Ballerina wrote:The health Gods have it in for me. After going through a year and a half of pure hell with all things gone wrong, I've now been diagnosed with a fractured thoracic vertebrae and OsteoP. Going on a generic for Fosamax. When the hell will it ever end?!~

Go see an expert, very soon. Nowadays they can... surgically reshape fractured vertebrae (without spinal cord damage) in a very quick procedure, takes something like 15 minutes for the substance (plastic? glue ?) to harden, but this only works on new fractures, not old ones.

I'll check it out. It has not been proposed by my doctors. On pain meds every 12 hours. Don't want to live like that. Thanks for the tip.
Ballerina

Postby Catalina » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Ballerina wrote:
Catalina wrote:

I'll check it out. It has not been proposed by my doctors. On pain meds every 12 hours. Don't want to live like that. Thanks for the tip.

Try talking with a neurosurgeon, if nothing else s/he should be able to direct you. I have a 92-year old relative who had that done last year, in Europe. I think they kept her in the hospital overnight after the procedure. It greatly improved the pain, almost immediately, and was supposed to improve it further later on (not sure if the pain every fully went away, but I can ask her). However, they could not do anything about collapsed vertebrae that were several years old.
Catalina

Postby Starine » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Meh, I'm a professional complainer. People still love me even if I drive them crazy. It's not easy connecting with people - SO's or friends. The late 20's/early 30's is a real dearth of friends and connections that people are for some reason afraid to admit.

It's their loss girl. I don't make a lot either and I routinely feel mad and anxious about never having any money. I don't even know where my college diploma is I'm that mad at it. I can't imagine even spending $5 on an Ikea frame to frame such a waste of time. But only in America are we ever able to feel education is a waste. My grandma didn't even go to middle school. Don't let your job or money consume you. I'm pretty poor too and life is a lot more than money. And I get how ridiculous that sounds. I think you'll be just fine.

Thanks for writing. I think I am just frustrated and depressed because there has been no personal growth for some time. I took a huge pay cut to be closer to my family. I haven't made any friends since I moved, and I haven't been on a date in years. I want to believe that things will change, but honestly there's a part of me that's already given up.
Starine

Postby starrydreamer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Starine wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:Meh, I'm a professional complainer. People still love me even if I drive them crazy. It's not easy connecting with people - SO's or friends. The late 20's/early 30's is a real dearth of friends and connections that people are for some reason afraid to admit.

Thanks for writing. I think I am just frustrated and depressed because there has been no personal growth for some time. I took a huge pay cut to be closer to my family. I haven't made any friends since I moved, and I haven't been on a date in years. I want to believe that things will change, but honestly there's a part of me that's already given up.

As someone who has depression, you sound like you might qualify for a clinic depression diagnosis. Do you have some form of health insurance? It might help to talk to a professional.

Ballerina - I hope your docs are able to find you a solution that doesn't require you to be on pain meds.

Remember when I had all that sinus pain from the infected tooth that needed to come out? Well, the antibiotics I was prescribed before got rid of the fever and chills but the sinus pain migrated from my cheekbone up to my brow bone. Now I'm on more antibiotics, mucinex, and 800 mg of Ibuprofen. If I don't take the ibuprofen every 8 hours as prescribed, the pain is almost debilitating. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'm supposed to call and get my treatment plan changed. I'm almost wondering if I need to go in for a CT scan to make sure nothing else is going on - the pain is very localized.
starrydreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around