Stay Thirsty

Re: Stay Thirsty

Postby Ziggypop » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:32 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:I was a huge fan of this horse and so I'm excited about his first crop. I haven't read much about him at all, so I was wondering if anyone here had heard about how his 2 year olds look?

Thanks!

I, too, was a huge fan of Thirsty, and was sad how no one really gave him any credit for steady trying in every race.
Ziggypop

Postby Slewfan2 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:18 am

Ziggypop wrote:
Slewfan2 wrote:I was a huge fan of this horse and so I'm excited about his first crop. I haven't read much about him at all, so I was wondering if anyone here had heard about how his 2 year olds look?

Thanks!

I, too, was a huge fan of Thirsty, and was sad how no one really gave him any credit for steady trying in every race.

Like someone I was speaking with on Twitter said, he was treated pretty much like an outcast by his own stable. They based his early schedule on what Uncle Mo was going to do instead of making a schedule with thoughts to the colt's best interests. He was really a good horse from the beginning, though certainly he had his ups and downs, and he finished his career on a high note.
Slewfan2

Postby Slewfan2 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Stay Thirsty has another stakes placed colt in Jocker Justice, who finished 2nd in the Hoover Stakes. With only 5 or 6 starters, he's doing pretty darn well...I'm so happy
Slewfan2

Postby Slewfan2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:53 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:Stay Thirsty has another stakes placed colt in Jocker Justice, who finished 2nd in the Hoover Stakes. With only 5 or 6 starters, he's doing pretty darn well...I'm so happy

Jocker Justice just won his first start in the Cleveland Kindergarten Stakes at Thistledown, giving Stay Thirsty his first SW. I'm so happy - he's really off to a nice start. He was precocious, but more of a late developer, so his foals should be even better as they mature....
Slewfan2

Previous

Return to Breeding & Sales