Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Lane's End‏ @LanesEndFarms
Happy Valentines Day from A.P. Indy and all of us at Lane’s End Farm. Still the most handsome horse in the barn #peppermintsplease
Sparrow Castle

Postby Treve » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Our three-time Champion Sire Giant's Causeway is celebrating his 21st birthday this Valentine's Day!
#CoolmoreSires #HomeOfChampions

Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day from our very own Cupid!
#CoolmoreSires #HomeOfChampions
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby lurkey mclurker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Awwww Indy is so woolly <3
lurkey mclurker

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:Awwww Indy is so woolly <3

He looks like he just came out of the rain, lol. Love that horse SO, SO much. No words can express how happy I am that he's lived to such an advanced age. Happy Valentine's Day old man. You'll be in my heart forever.

-------------------------
That photo of Giant's Causeway is breathtakingly beautiful.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Coolmore may have a whole bunch of new, hot young studs, but I think GC knows he's THE MAN.
If the whole horse population was suddenly turned loose on a farm with no fences, Giant's Causeway would be the herd stallion. 8-)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Northport » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:Awwww Indy is so woolly <3

He looks like he just came out of the rain, lol. Love that horse SO, SO much. No words can express how happy I am that he's lived to such an advanced age. Happy Valentine's Day old man. You'll be in my heart forever.

-------------------------
That photo of Giant's Causeway is breathtakingly beautiful.

Lane's End posted that same photo of Indy on Facebook, saying he just had a bath.

Giant's Causeway is such a legend. Hopefully he stays sound and happy for many more years.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby Private Thoughts » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm

My husband and I have always loved Giant's Causeway. He is something special.

Such a beautiful picture of him. Thank you for posting it!
Private Thoughts

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Da Big Hoss retired to stud in Ohio
Da Big Hoss, a Grade 2 winner and multiple course record holder, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Poplar Creek Horse Center in Bethel, Ohio, for the 2018 breeding season, where he will stand for a private fee.

The 7-year-old son of Lemon Drop Kid finished his career with 12 wins in 22 starts for earnings of $1,551,696. Excelling at long-distance turf races, his victories include the Grade 2 Elkhorn Stakes, two editions of the Grade 3 Kentucky Turf Cup, the Grade 3 American St. Leger Stakes, the Grade 3 John B. Connally Turf Cup, the Belmont Gold Cup Invitational, and the John’s Call Stakes.

He owns track records for two miles on turf at Belmont Park and 1 1/2 miles on turf at Sam Houston Race Park.

Da Big Hoss is unraced since November 2016. He returned to the work tab in January after a nine-month layoff for three timed workouts at Gulfstream Park before the decision was made to retire him.

“He came up with a little tendon issue,” said Robin Murphy of Poplar Creek Horse Center. “He’s going to be fine, but he’s 7 years old, and having a spot for him to retire, that’s the best thing for him. He’s proven himself.”

http://www.drf.com/news/da-big-hoss-retired-stud-ohio
Sparrow Castle

Previous

Return to Breeding & Sales