Unique Bella

Re: Unique Bella

Postby stark » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Handicapping strategies all have strengths and weaknesses and while this might be beyond weak, I'm still handicapping the OWNER, the filly can speak for herself with Beyers in the high 90's since she stretched out.

I don't have a tally on how much they've spent in the USA in just a few short years, but the farm, fillies, studs, whatever, if somebody said $100Million they might be close?? Oh sure, everybody in horse racing dreams of the Derby, but these guys are backing up their dreams with USD cash.

Here's a quote from an article about 3 or 4 years ago....
As it shoots for the heights while building from the ground up, Don Alberto Corp. has followed its purchase of the former Vinery farm in Kentucky by making a splash with its purchase of 21 broodmares in three days this month at Kentucky auctions.

"My dream is the Kentucky Derby," said Carlos Heller, the son of the farm's driving force, Bethia Holding chairwoman Liliana Solari.

Heller said the family will breed Thoroughbreds to race, with an eye toward winning North America's top races. He said they would love to develop a stallion by breeding a colt that wins some top races here.

"The plan is definitely to race," Diaz-Valdes said. "It's a moment (Liliana Solari) will love to see. We would love to participate in the big races here."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ew-ky-farm

King Jerry will help them achieve their dreams, I just have to keep chirpin to him ;)

p.s. She is well into her 70's, times a wastin!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby CoronadosQuest » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:36 pm

CoronadosQuest

Postby Izvestia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm

FML
The worst. May she rest up and come back a runnin'. :(
Izvestia

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Shades of Songbird. :shock: :(
Jerry may be starting to hate this time of year, waiting for his phone to ring with bad news.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby luvsgeldings » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:03 pm

what a shame - JH missing another great chance this year at winning the KY Oaks - so unfortunate for the owners and for bella herself - wishing bella the best and hope she comes back really strong later - - - - does anyone know.... I thought I read that Abel Tasmen had spiked a fever(?) -- just curious if she will be making the santa anita oaks and KY Oaks.
luvsgeldings

Postby Horsebagger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:20 pm

Guess some people are tearing up those Kentucky Derby future book tickets at juicy odds.

More evidence that future book bets are dumb.
Horsebagger

Postby Ack Ack » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:29 pm

luvsgeldings wrote:- - - - does anyone know.... I thought I read that Abel Tasmen had spiked a fever(?) -- just curious if she will be making the santa anita oaks and KY Oaks.

Abel Tasman worked at Santa Anita today - 7 furlongs in 1:25.80, with Rafael Bejarano up.
Ack Ack

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Finally...some good news about 'Bella. :D
Don Alberto Stable's Unique Bella is progressing well in her recovery from the shin issue that caused her to miss the Santa Anita Oaks (G1) and Longines Kentucky Oaks (G1), and the 3-year-old Tapit filly should return to the track for Jerry Hollendorfer soon, the Hall of Fame trainer said June 16.
Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... o-training

I loved this part:
"She's doing great. We're very happy with her. We gave her the right time off and we're not going to retire her at the end of the year, either."
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Kurenai » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Sidenote: Steve Haskin posted today on Facebook that Mike Smith adopted a pit bull female from the shelter. He named her Unique Bella, cause she is grey. :D
Kurenai

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:37 pm

What a stand-up guy. Saving a dog from the shelter is a good thing...especially a pit bull, a breed that too often has a hard time finding a loving home.
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Racing