Curlin Foals

Re: Curlin Foals

Postby Catalina » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:From Ray Paulick's Twitter:
Marisa Jacques‏ @MarisaJacquesTV Jul 5
Saratoga is almost here Chad Brown says it looks like 2016 Curlin winner Connect will have to be retired.
https://twitter.com/raypaulick?ref_src= ... ort.com%2F

From what a video clip accessible from the above twitter link says, Connect's injury was minor but there isn't enough time to bring him back before the end of the year, hence the decision to retire the horse.
Catalina

Postby Insane Crazy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:21 am

The boy had two big money yearlings at FT Saratoga yesterday! $1 million and $750k. I'm on my phone so not great at pulling up the info, but very exciting stuff.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Good looking colt, with quite an engine back there. 8-)
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... toga-sale/
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Insane Crazy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:57 pm

I didn't realize this at the time, but both the winner and place horse of the Breeders Cup Juvenile were Curlins!

Kudos to Good Magic (who broke his maiden with the win) and Solomini for giving their papa a great showing.

Good Magic is Curlin x Glinda the Good Witch, by Hard Spun. Am I the only one who can't believe a Hard Spun grandbaby could be racing right now? Holy crap, time flies.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Happy Endings » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:I didn't realize this at the time, but both the winner and place horse of the Breeders Cup Juvenile were Curlins!

Kudos to Good Magic (who broke his maiden with the win) and Solomini for giving their papa a great showing.

Good Magic is Curlin x Glinda the Good Witch, by Hard Spun. Am I the only one who can't believe a Hard Spun grandbaby could be racing right now? Holy crap, time flies.

The mare's name is just Glinda the Good, though she was a good witch. ;-) She was in his first crop. Great name for this colt.
Happy Endings

Previous

Return to Horse Followings