Gulfstream threatens legal action if forced to shut down racing

Modern Renaissance

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 pm

Alcohol is hell on the complexion and I am vain. Sadly, autocorrect is it's own beast. I have a work computer for work only. Otherwise it is my tiny phone and double astigmatism.

Growing up on Reddit taught me a few things though.
stark

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Modern Renaissance wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Florida is probably going to start seeing their case numbers rise in another week or two, especially since their Governor was basically shamed into closing the beaches and would have left them open.
Heard a different expert on TV say that New Yorkers driving down the coast to Florida will be creating a much greater risk than the kids on the beach.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
katmandu

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Florida is probably going to start seeing their case numbers rise in another week or two, especially since their Governor was basically shamed into closing the beaches and would have left them open.
Yup, Louisiana is now paying for their negligence.
MySaladDays

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 am

Flanders wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm
One only needs to look at the heartbreaking stories coming out of Italy to see that.
Italy? The stories coming out of hospitals in the U.S. are heartbreaking. Doctors, EMS, nurses, and other health care workers are pleading for PPE, some are getting sick and ending up on ventilators. Some die. They aren't "old people" either. #GetMePPE

If you have any masks, if you work in construction and have any extra respirators, any latrile gloves you aren't using please consider donating. Hoarders haven't helped the situation. Seriously, people are leaving stuff in bags on neighbor's porches who they know are nurses......
Flanders

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:37 am

MySaladDays wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 am
Flanders wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm
One only needs to look at the heartbreaking stories coming out of Italy to see that.
Italy? The stories coming out of hospitals in the U.S. are heartbreaking. Doctors, EMS, nurses, and other health care workers are pleading for PPE, some are getting sick and ending up on ventilators. Some die. They aren't "old people" either. #GetMePPE

If you have any masks, if you work in construction and have any extra respirators, any latrile gloves you aren't using please consider donating. Hoarders haven't helped the situation. Seriously, people are leaving stuff in bags on neighbor's porches who they know are nurses......
Yes Italy and its going to happen here. I was talking to a friend who lives near Milan and so many people are dying because they don't have enough hospital beds or respirators. Everyday the doctors have to chose who lives and who dies, because they don't have the resources to save the vast majority. They don't have the opportunity to say goodbye because they can't have funerals and aren't allowed to see the body. Then there was a guy whose sister died and it took authorities 2 days to come and get her body because they were afraid of her. So the guy had to live in his house with his dead sister in bed upstairs.

The US messed up in every way that Italy did and maybe if they had shut down the country a month ago, it wouldn't be this bad. But stupid people were allowed to do whatever they wanted, state governments waited until it got bad in their states before they did anything. Some refused to do anything until pressured to do so and because a very large part of the US population is just plain stupid as hell, they don't and wont listen unless forced. I mean that Florida's governor wouldn't shut down the beaches because it was Spring break is just criminally stupid. No one should be allowed to travel via plane or out of state, unless its of some vital importance. Then you have the husband and wife in Arizona that because Trump said chloroquine phosphate was a possible cure for coronavirus, ate fish tank cleaner, and the husband died and the wife is hospitalized.

I know someone that was in Europe for 2 weeks and came back to the US last week, they were in a bunch of the countries listed on this: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/13/dep ... ng-certain but for some reason, NONE of that stuff was done when they returned to the US. They didn't have to fly into one of those airports or go through enhanced screening, they flew into the city, went through regular customs, got their luggage and left. I know other people that are still waiting for results of their coronavirus tests after a week and a half. But hey if you have money you can get results immediately, right?
TapitsGal

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 am

Heck hospitals in various states HERE are starting to talk about creating mandatory DNRs in patients diagnosed with covid19 regardless of what the patients ACTUAL advance directives or family wishes are...and this will apply to people of ALL ages...it's a huge ethics violation if you ask me
Flanders

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:34 pm

TapitsGal wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 am
Heck hospitals in various states HERE are starting to talk about creating mandatory DNRs in patients diagnosed with covid19 regardless of what the patients ACTUAL advance directives or family wishes are...and this will apply to people of ALL ages...it's a huge ethics violation if you ask me
Yeah like I said above, the US is following in Italy's footsteps and they messed up big time. If it hits the point where they have to make those kinds of decisions, then those kinds of decisions need made. I don't like it anymore than the next person but its an unfortunate reality if it continues to spread at the rate it is. It can take elderly or patients with underlying health conditions WEEKS on a ventilator to recover or die, is it fair to all the people that could have been saved in the meantime to die instead? That's the reason they have to make those kinds of decisions. Its horrible.

So if you want to see what is in store for the US just read stories out of Italy. But its going to be worse here, because we have more people. We don't have the means to fight it anymore than they did because the government messed up and is still messing up. The vast majority of states have no stay at home quarantine, restaurants and bars, etc are open because "Oh we don't have any cases or just a few". Too many people in positions of power have their heads up their rear ends, because they know they will get top billing for a ventilator if it reaches that point.

Its not slowing down either, its picking up in the US. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Treve

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:34 pm

There are now more cases in the US than there were in China.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
firehorse

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:33 pm

stark wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Heard a different expert on TV say that New Yorkers driving down the coast to Florida will be creating a much greater risk than the kids on the beach.
And New Jersey. Can't say I blame them but heard (last week) 9 out of 10 new cases in South FL can be traced to a New York/Jersey connection and I believe it from the amount of out of state tags I'm seeing.
8596wool

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:52 am

"Heard a different expert on TV say that New Yorkers driving down the coast to Florida will be creating a much greater risk than the kids on the beach." Have you seen the pics of FL beach before FL gov closed them?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nings.html

The top 2 executives of Mount Sinai Hospital in NY(annual compensation 6M) were working from "home" at the their beachside homes in Palm Beach, FL. Someone should remind the FL gov that big chunks of his economy is fueled by thousands of Northern snowbirds" who decamp to FL every winter for 6 months to their condos and vacay homes. Maybe that is all the NYplates see going south...covid19 or not.