David Jacobson's plan to resume training

TapitsGal

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:01 pm

https://www.drf.com/news/jacobson-recov ... e-training

I feel that if we as an industry are serious about protecting our horses and improving their welfare and lowering our breakdown rates then we as an industry should be working to PURGE from the industry...not be welcoming back..the David Jacobson's and Rudy Rodriguezs in the industry..get RID of the drug trainers and cheaters..allowing Jacobson to restart his stable is a step back in equine welfare
Ziggypop

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:48 pm

TapitsGal wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:01 pm
https://www.drf.com/news/jacobson-recov ... e-training

I feel that if we as an industry are serious about protecting our horses and improving their welfare and lowering our breakdown rates then we as an industry should be working to PURGE from the industry...not be welcoming back..the David Jacobson's and Rudy Rodriguezs in the industry..get RID of the drug trainers and cheaters..allowing Jacobson to restart his stable is a step back in equine welfare
well said.
stark

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Send him out to California again, he'll never have one get past the authorities and make it to the starting gate.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Kurenai
Site Admin

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Yet Mr. Dutrow is still banned.... go figure.
Vandalay

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:36 am

There's guys like this on every circuit, and for the most part they manage to stay one step ahead on testing.

Here in MD there's a leading trainer who virtually everyone, trainers, grooms, even jockeys who have ridden for him swear he's using something illegal,.problem is whatever he's doing, they aren't testing for.

We need more comprehensive testing, AND actual consequences for violators...letting people like Jacobson back in isn't going to help racing's image problem.