Jimmy Toner

Post Reply
User avatar
Blame
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 am

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am

Guy who bought my voice mimicking software from me in 2006 is buying horses at the Fasig Tipton May sale after the Preakness weekend and intends to give them to Jimmy Toner to train. He said he may let a few of us buy a small percentage of each. I am not sure giving horses to a guy because his horses are easy to follow in the morning (orange saddle cloths) is a great reason for giving a guy horses.

Toner is 0 for 19 this year. He has 1 win in his last 59 starts. Those are ridiculously bad numbers. Anyone know what is going on with his barn? Is it because he lost his assistant recently?
Horsebagger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:16 am

Blame wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Guy who bought my voice mimicking software from me in 2006 is buying horses at the Fasig Tipton May sale after the Preakness weekend and intends to give them to Jimmy Toner to train. He said he may let a few of us buy a small percentage of each. I am not sure giving horses to a guy because his horses are easy to follow in the morning (orange saddle cloths) is a great reason for giving a guy horses.

Toner is 0 for 19 this year. He has 1 win in his last 59 starts. Those are ridiculously bad numbers. Anyone know what is going on with his barn? Is it because he lost his assistant recently?
If that's the criteria, shouldn't Linda be the one to give horses to?
User avatar
Blame
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 am

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 am

Horsebagger wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:16 am
Blame wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Guy who bought my voice mimicking software from me in 2006 is buying horses at the Fasig Tipton May sale after the Preakness weekend and intends to give them to Jimmy Toner to train. He said he may let a few of us buy a small percentage of each. I am not sure giving horses to a guy because his horses are easy to follow in the morning (orange saddle cloths) is a great reason for giving a guy horses.

Toner is 0 for 19 this year. He has 1 win in his last 59 starts. Those are ridiculously bad numbers. Anyone know what is going on with his barn? Is it because he lost his assistant recently?
If that's the criteria, shouldn't Linda be the one to give horses to?
He also likes that he left training horses to go serve in Korea. I can't knock him on that one. Toner sounds like a good guy but I am not sure good guys win too often. It isn't a lot of money to buy a few percent and it will be fun, so if I get a chance I might as well do it. These are probably the 150-250K types. Not the crazy expensive types.
Horsebagger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Blame wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 am
Horsebagger wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:16 am
Blame wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:44 am
Guy who bought my voice mimicking software from me in 2006 is buying horses at the Fasig Tipton May sale after the Preakness weekend and intends to give them to Jimmy Toner to train. He said he may let a few of us buy a small percentage of each. I am not sure giving horses to a guy because his horses are easy to follow in the morning (orange saddle cloths) is a great reason for giving a guy horses.

Toner is 0 for 19 this year. He has 1 win in his last 59 starts. Those are ridiculously bad numbers. Anyone know what is going on with his barn? Is it because he lost his assistant recently?
If that's the criteria, shouldn't Linda be the one to give horses to?
He also likes that he left training horses to go serve in Korea. I can't knock him on that one. Toner sounds like a good guy but I am not sure good guys win too often. It isn't a lot of money to buy a few percent and it will be fun, so if I get a chance I might as well do it. These are probably the 150-250K types. Not the crazy expensive types.
Curious what your definition is of 'good guy'. While I would certainly put Toner under my own merits for someone considered as such, I would also contend there are literally dozens of such guys who race in the Northeast who would also qualify equally, despite not sending out sets in the morning with color coordinated exercise riders and/or with prominent saddle clothes.
Post Reply