2019 Two-Year-Olds

ThreeMustangs

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Independence Hall (by Constitution) won the Remsen (G3) at Aqueduct today by 12 1/2 lengths.

ETA: Nashua, not Remsen. Thanks, Andy.
Last edited by ThreeMustangs on Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CorridorZ75

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Honestly, I doubt anyone will be able to catch AP at this time just given the total amount left in two year old purses, but there are a few freshman sires out there I would probably send a mare to at a much smaller stud fee over him. He has certainly shown the ability to get good horses, but he also got an incredible group of mares. These other stallions are getting good stakes horses from decent, but not out of this world, mares.
thinair

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:45 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Independence Hall (by Constitution) won the Remsen (G3) at Aqueduct today by 12 1/2 lengths.
Nashua....the Remsen is on 12/7.

This was easily the most impressive 2YO performance of the year, anywhere in North America, on any surface. It was freakishly good.

You need to watch if you haven't seen this horse.
Somnambulist

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:12 pm

It really was great. He looks exciting.

Although I might be more impressed with Ortiz after a crazy weekend.
Slewfan2

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:35 am

thinair wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:45 pm
ThreeMustangs wrote:
Nashua....the Remsen is on 12/7.

This was easily the most impressive 2YO performance of the year, anywhere in North America, on any surface. It was freakishly good.

You need to watch if you haven't seen this horse.
I saw the replay - I hate to use the cliche, but the horse looked like he was shot out of a cannon; those other colts didn’t know what hit them. I’m really so happy that Tapit looks like he’s continuing his sire’s line as I still think Pulpit might have been AP Indy’s most talented son, which is saying a lot. His fourth in the Derby is underrated and I think he gets overlooked because he didn’t last. My favorite 2 year old is Honor A.P., but I’m loving this colt and Tiz the Law as well.
luvsgeldings

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:01 pm

wow, Independence Hall.... beautiful animal - and that was certainly a very impressive performance in the Remsen.

I do hope Dennis' Moment came out of the BC juve race ok - awful start for him, poor boy - would hope his next time out he can come back with a big win. I do like him a lot.

Storm the Court looked good winning the BC juve - it would be really nice to see him continue to flourish - I like the trainer (and his daughter, Britney Eurton, well she is just wonderful - so sweet that she was so proud of her dad winning that BC race - I think she is quite the classy young lady - does a tremendous job on TV - knows the sport - the joy on her face when she can report the happy stuff - and then the sincere concern she shows when things go wrong - the look on her face when she had to report about poor Mongolian Groom, she feels it too - the sadness we all felt - - she knows horses and you can tell that she loves them. I think she is just outstanding.)

and I cannot forget Tiz the Law - yikes - love that big boy!! - cannot wait to see his next - would really love to see Tagg have another runner in the Derby next year.

looks like a really good group of two year olds (love Honor AP also!) - would be really fun to see them all continue to do well and meet up next year at Churchill - we can only hope.
Starine

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Independence Hall looks like a really talented colt. He could not have won any easier and in such a swift time, too... doesn't hurt that he's dark and handsome too.

I also think it's neat that he's out of a Cape Town mare. Haven't seen that name in a while.
stark

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:04 pm

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Dennis’ Moment left the Dale Romans stable at Churchill Downs early Thursday for WinStar Farm, where the star-crossed colt will get about 45 days off before being reunited with his trainer in Florida sometime next month.

Romans said the Albaugh Family Stables colt was examined “really closely” by equine veterinarian John Garrity prior to being sent to WinStar in Versailles, Ky.

“We even had him out for a jog one morning and a gallop one morning before he left,” said Romans. “Everything is fine, health-wise. We’re just giving him a little break so that we’ll have a fresh horse when we really get going with him early next year” in pointing to the 146th Kentucky Derby next May 2 at Churchill.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Saban

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:35 pm

Bob Baffert has a new 2 year old winner today in Authentic by Into Mischief who won a 5.5F MSW race at Del Mar today in 1:03:60.
tcw

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:30 am

Independence Hall was super impressive, receiving a 101 Beyer in winning the Nashua. Other than ducking out a bit in the stretch, he looked great as he closed the final 1/4-mile in 24 and 2. He also appears to be long in body and has Seattle Slew both top and bottom in his pedigree. The sky's the limit with this one.
carole

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pm

tcw wrote:
Independence Hall was super impressive, receiving a 101 Beyer in winning the Nashua. Other than ducking out a bit in the stretch, he looked great as he closed the final 1/4-mile in 24 and 2. He also appears to be long in body and has Seattle Slew both top and bottom in his pedigree. The sky's the limit with this one.
Saw on Twitter that the Remsen might be his next target
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:34 pm

The 'foot bruise' that kept Maxfield out of the BC Juvenile turned out to be a bit more serious; a “mildly displaced” chip in his ankle. He has undergone surgery and will be given at least 60 days off before returning to Brendan Walsh's barn.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... p-removal/
Starine

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Tomorrow at Aqueduct:
Race 3 is a first-level allowance for 2-year-olds going seven furlongs that includes the talented Three Technique. Second in maiden races at Belmont and Saratoga to start his career, Three Technique graduated third out at Saratoga when he won a seven-furlong maiden race by more than five lengths.
https://www.drf.com/news/complexity-ret ... yoff?type=
Squeaky

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 am

carole wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pm
tcw wrote:
Saw on Twitter that the Remsen might be his next target
Now will not go in Remsen will wait for another later race TBD. Trainer wants to give him more time.
ThreeMustangs

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Starine wrote:
Tomorrow at Aqueduct:
Race 3 is a first-level allowance for 2-year-olds going seven furlongs that includes the talented Three Technique. Second in maiden races at Belmont and Saratoga to start his career, Three Technique graduated third out at Saratoga when he won a seven-furlong maiden race by more than five lengths.
He won by 4 1/2 lengths.
Starine

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:26 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 pm
Starine wrote:
Tomorrow at Aqueduct:
He won by 4 1/2 lengths.
Yes, just saw the chart. I imagine he'll be in stakes company for his next outing.
thinair

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:54 pm

Three Technique is going to Oaklawn.
Squeaky

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Tiz the Law a close third to Silver Prospector after a tough inside bottled up trip and stumbling start in the Kentucky Jockey Club at Churchill. May not have liked sloppy track and all of that dirt in his face and never looked comfortable. Jockey also thought he became a bit intimidated when in tight between horses in deep stretch. Just never had room the whole way around. He will live to fight another day and deserves another chance on a dry track, with a smooth start and outside trip. Kudos to Steve Asmussen for winning both the male and female divisions of the 2 year old stakes at Churchill.
Slewfan2

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Maybe someone can answer this for me because I'm confused.

Unfortunately (at least for me, as I was dying of anticipation) Honor A.P. will not run in the Los Alamitos Futurity and will point to the Sham Stakes in January. I guess I'm confused because the colt is really sharp now - based on his works - but also because of what it means for his Derby preparation. I can't imagine him running in the Sham, Robert Lewis AND Santa Anita Derby as that's 3 big races in a row before the grind of the TC trail, but if he runs only in the Sham and SA Derby, then at most HAP will have 4 career starts before the KY Derby. Granted, I'm impatient so of course I wanted him to run this weekend, but I think it also would have made more sense for him to run in the Futurity and then either the Sham or Robert Lewis before the SA Derby, thereby spacing his races out more.

Don't get me wrong, I think HAP is in very good hands..........maybe I'm just dead wrong?
CorridorZ75

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Well Shotski winning the G2 Remsen makes Chrome's first year crop of mares look a little better as She Cat foaled a filly by him in 2018. So at least 3 mares have become producers of graded BT in the interceding years: Snooki, She Cat, and Laffina.