Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Zarkallani, Zarkava’s 3yo colt by Invincible Spirit, finished 2nd in his debut today at Saint-Cloud.
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1644
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Lady Pauline, 2yo half sister to Lady Aurelia, just won for fun at Keeneland in race 2! She is sired by Munnings. Looks to be a very special filly.
carole
Posts: 2635
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:47 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm
Lady Pauline, 2yo half sister to Lady Aurelia, just won for fun at Keeneland in race 2! She is sired by Munnings. Looks to be a very special filly.
Wesley Ward has said she’s even more precocious than Lady Aurelia was! I can’t wait to hopefully see her at Royal Ascot!
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6073
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:20 pm

After three seconds in four starts, Out of Balance (2016 F Kitten's Joy - Balance) broke her maiden just now in a MSW at Santa Anita Race 5.

Edited to add: Balance is a half sister to Zenyatta, and she races without Lasix.
tachyon
Posts: 4004
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 pm

carole wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:47 pm
CoronadosQuest wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm
Lady Pauline, 2yo half sister to Lady Aurelia, just won for fun at Keeneland in race 2! She is sired by Munnings. Looks to be a very special filly.
Wesley Ward has said she’s even more precocious than Lady Aurelia was! I can’t wait to hopefully see her at Royal Ascot!
Wow!
I have just seen the replay.
Can't wait for her next start!!!!!!!
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4929
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Brown Chases Another Appalachian With Regal Glory
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... egal-glory

By Animal Kingdom out of grade II winner Mary's Follies.

Also running is Princesa Carolina (Tapit x Pure Clan).
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3342
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:40 am

Starine wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:45 pm
Saturday at Keeneland, Shared Belief's three-year-old full brother Shared Legacy makes his debut in race 2.
Also in the race:
Honest Mischief, a 3yo colt by Into Mischief out of Honest Lady. He finished 2nd in his debut at Gulfstream in February.
Ry's the Guy, 3yo colt by Distorted Humor out of Sleepytime. Dam won the 1000 Guineas.
Izvestia
Posts: 4075
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 am

Avie’s Flatter, half to SW Avie’s Mineshaft, won the Transylvania S (G3T) at Keeneland yesterday.
Another good one for Ivan Dalos/Josie Carroll!
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3342
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Flanders wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:40 am
Starine wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:45 pm
Saturday at Keeneland, Shared Belief's three-year-old full brother Shared Legacy makes his debut in race 2.
Also in the race:
Honest Mischief, a 3yo colt by Into Mischief out of Honest Lady. He finished 2nd in his debut at Gulfstream in February.
Ry's the Guy, 3yo colt by Distorted Humor out of Sleepytime. Dam won the 1000 Guineas.
Honest Mischief ran away from them. Ry's The Guy was 3rd. Shared Legacy was further back than 5th.
Slewfan2
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Bernin’ Thru Gold, a half to SW Mei Ling (dam is half to G1 winner Master Command) won a maiden at GP today by 15 and 3/4 lengths
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4192
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Vekoma (Candy Ride x Society Gal) won the G2 Blue Grass Stakes.

His dam is a half-sister to Mr. Greeley, and is also from the family of Street Sense.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:41 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:39 pm
Vekoma (Candy Ride x Society Gal) won the G2 Blue Grass Stakes.

His dam is a half-sister to Mr. Greeley, and is also from the family of Street Sense.
His dam is also GR 1 winner Mona de Momma
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1644
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:09 pm

Tacitus [ son of G1 winner Close Hatches ] won the Wood Memorial
carole
Posts: 2635
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Always Shopping (Awesome Again x Stopshoppingmaria) won the G2 Gazelle at Aqueduct today
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4192
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Positive Spirit, by Pioneerof the Nile o/o Above Perfection, therefore half to Always Dreaming, was second in the G2 Gazelle!

Tacitus, by Tapit o/o champion Close Hatches, won the G2 Wood Memorial!
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1644
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Roadster, half brother to G1 winner Ascend, wins the Santa Anita Derby!
Spahny
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:35 pm

After watching the races today nobody can say that they haven't made changed to the main track. When's the last time a SA Derby was won in 1:51? And an impressive 1:51.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6073
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:37 pm

As our trainer likes to say, "from your lips to God's ears."
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6073
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Here's your answer, Spahny.

Jon Lindo @JonLindo60
29m29 minutes ago
Slowest Santa Anita Derby in 79 years (1:51.28) according to NBC coverage. Tells you how slow the main track is playing these days.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4929
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Flanders wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:46 pm
Honest Mischief ran away from them. Ry's The Guy was 3rd. Shared Legacy was further back than 5th.
Into Mischief Colt Romps to Rising Stardom at Keeneland
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/in ... keeneland/
Post Reply