Graves

FlyToTheStars

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:32 am

I am a historicial nut. Will be in Lexington to visit farms and such. Any off the beaten path farms to visit? Any notable pensioners other than at Old Friends? Ill be also visiting Affluent.

Is there gravesites for Polynesian, Rock Sand and other historical horses?

POLYNESIAN was said to be buried at Gallaher Farm but am not able to locate an address. Its said to be in Lexington.

HASTING is at Nuchols i believe but unmarked? No one knows the site?

Any other recommendation? I have been at Normandy earlier this year, and Hamburgs Place a couple years back.

As for Hamburg's, the article mentioned getting remains for reburials, wonder how much was left for Star Shoot?

Would love suggestions!!
Flanders

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:57 am

Polynesian stood across the road from where Native Dancer's dam resided which was Scott Farm, which I'm sure changed names as well. I found a page that says that Gallaheer was acquired by Pillar Stud, which was The Stallion Station, and 505 Farm but has since changed hands and is McPeek Racing. However, Polynesian isn't listed as being buried on the property. So to me that means his grave must be unmarked. Or his grave isn't on the part that McPeek bought, because I do not believe he acquired the full property.

http://pedigreecurmudgeon.blogspot.com/ ... ancer.html

As for other graves, did you check Grave Matters on TB Heritage?
http://www.tbheritage.com/TurfHallmarks ... rmNAM.html
Catalina

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:02 am

I think the name of the farm was Gallagher Farms, and that it was owned by Ira Drymon. Now, whether Polynesian was buried there or not, that I don't know. But you might want to search on that spelling.
FlyToTheStars

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:33 pm

I emailed McPeek Racing. Hope to hear back from them.

I got the okay to see Raja Baba's grave at Hermitage. Isnt there one other horse buried there also? He has one other headstone at Calumet i think.

Did try Big Sink (3 Chimneys) for Frankfluche (sp) and Gallant Bloom, but wasnt allowed unfortunately.

Saw that link, i am sure many had changed hands and had names changed as well. A bit of a needle in haystack! I also got the chance to see Whitney and Greentree burials at Gainesway. What a piece of history there! Gainesway stallions like Smoke Glacken, Lyphard, Stop the Music and others are all buried in the huge field by the stallion barn behind the farm office. No headstones but they mentioned planning on to do so. I definitely wonder if they actually have a blueprint of the plots of who are buried where.
FlyToTheStars

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:09 pm

McPeek responded that Polynesian isnt at his farm. Wonder which side of the former Gallagher it is at
Flanders

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:10 pm

FlyToTheStars wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:09 pm
McPeek responded that Polynesian isnt at his farm. Wonder which side of the former Gallagher it is at
It could also be his grave isn't marked and is unknown where it is at.
Flanders

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:38 am

I sent you a private message since I doubt anyone wants to read my rambling detective work. I wish you good luck on finding his grave if it exists.