Retirements 2013

second_glance

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Glen Hill Farm have retired homebred No Inflation (7yo Repriced gelding) to their farm. If he takes to it, he may be a stable pony for a few months a year.

No Inflation won the 2009 edition of the G3 Kent Stakes and is also GS placed. Record: 49-7-9-13, $458,838
peeptoad

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 am

So Many Ways retired and sold to Northern Farm in Japan:
http://www.drf.com/news/so-many-ways-so ... farm-japan
serenassong

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:57 pm

via FB- Richard's Kid slight tendon tear- no stud plans as of yet
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Sparrow Castle

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Bugler Bucky Sallee Retires from Keeneland
George "Bucky" Sallee, bugler at the historic Keeneland racetrack for more than 50 years, will retire to become Bugler Emeritus beginning this fall, the Lexington oval announced Sept. 24. Noted trumpeter Steve Buttleman has been named Keeneland's new track bugler.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... z2frjPah6o

He'll be missed by many, I'm sure! I'll remember fondly speaking with him at Keeneland in 2010, during my first but hopefully not last trip to Kentucky. He was very nice to me and my daughter and my grandson was in awe of him!
Attachments
Keeneland Oct 2010
Keeneland Oct 2010
DSC02422_Bugler Bucky Sallee.jpg (53.51 KiB) Viewed 4443 times
BlindLucky

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:52 am

Lady of Fifty was retired with a "slight issue" says Hollendorfer, will go through the Keeneland November sale as a broodmare prospect.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Calypso

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 am

BlindLucky wrote:Lady of Fifty was retired with a "slight issue" says Hollendorfer, will go through the Keeneland November sale as a broodmare prospect.
Has the "slight issue" been made public? The BH article makes it sound as though she's fine and her connections are just cowards not wanting to get beat......
"I just don't think it's fair to race her against (company like) Royal Delta and some others," said the trainer. "We're just trying to do the right thing by her."
and the last paragraph of the article
Until the sale, "(Lady of Fifty) is training every day," Hollendorfer confirmed. The filly will remain stabled at Santa Anita with Hollendorfer. "She's at the track and I'm jogging her every day so she'll look nice for the sale."
link: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ty-retired
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
BlindLucky

Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:17 am

Calypso wrote:
BlindLucky wrote:Lady of Fifty was retired with a "slight issue" says Hollendorfer, will go through the Keeneland November sale as a broodmare prospect.
Has the "slight issue" been made public? The BH article makes it sound as though she's fine and her connections are just cowards not wanting to get beat......
This is what I originally read, from DRF (he wasn't specific about what the problem is, just that there is one):

“She has a little issue,” Hollendorfer said of Lady of Fifty’s condition. “She will go to the sale and won’t race again.”

http://www.drf.com/news/richards-kid-la ... red-racing
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Calypso

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:32 pm

“She has a little issue,” Hollendorfer said of Lady of Fifty’s condition. “She will go to the sale and won’t race again.”
As horrible as it may sound, I hope it's true that she does have a "little issue" that would keep her from racing but not prevent her from training up to the sale. I would really hate to have to label her connections as cowards.
Catalina

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Calypso wrote:
As horrible as it may sound, I hope it's true that she does have a "little issue" that would keep her from racing but not prevent her from training up to the sale. I would really hate to have to label her connections as cowards.
Why, you think they should needlessly risk the "little issue" escalating to something catastrophic just to incur your goodwill? If they stop with the training now, it is far more likely that the next owner will truly make her a broodie rather than just turning her right back to racing.
Calypso

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Catalina wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Why, you think they should needlessly risk the "little issue" escalating to something catastrophic just to incur your goodwill? If they stop with the training now, it is far more likely that the next owner will truly make her a broodie rather than just turning her right back to racing.
Of course not, Catalina. The initial article I read on bloodhorse (which for all I know may have been edited by now) made no mention whatsoever of any physical issue whatsoever. The way it was worded sounded like the connections were simply retiring for the sake of retiring and not having to lose to Royal Delta among others later in the year (which is where my coward comments come from). That's why I said I hope the "little issue" exists to justify retiring her (rather than just running away from the competition).
Catalina

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Calypso wrote:
Catalina wrote:
Of course not, Catalina. The initial article I read on bloodhorse (which for all I know may have been edited by now) made no mention whatsoever of any physical issue whatsoever. The way it was worded sounded like the connections were simply retiring for the sake of retiring and not having to lose to Royal Delta among others later in the year (which is where my coward comments come from). That's why I said I hope the "little issue" exists to justify retiring her (rather than just running away from the competition).

That certainly sounds a lot better with the explanation.
second_glance

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:06 pm

From Remember Me Rescue:

"Su Casa G Casa, winner of $473,473, has been retired and is coming to Remember Me Rescue. Big thanks to the owner and trainer for retiring this stake winning warrior instead of dropping him into the cheap claiming ranks! Casa will be at RMR and ready for visitors soon."

Thank you, indeed, Tom Galvin and Bret Calhoun! He's only 5 -- he probably could have been run in claimers for several more years.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... registry=T
KimmieB

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Not sure exactly when he was retired, but Queen's Plate winner Big Red Mike is up for adoption at Longrun.

http://longrunretirement.com/horses/big-red-mike/

Loos like the picture was taken in June.
Izvestia

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:14 am

He retired in August 2012.
Catalina

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Shanghai Bobby retired to stud at Ashford.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... ry-injury/
WarBiscuit

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Catalina wrote:Shanghai Bobby retired to stud at Ashford.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... ry-injury/
Well, that's too bad. After his win in the Aljamin, I was really looking forward to watching him race again.
Good luck in the shed, SB...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Calypso

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 pm

KimmieB

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 am

Joyful Victory

Will be offered at F-T sale.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... old-at-f-t
PONYRCR

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:01 am

Remember Me Rescue announced on their Facebook page that Tricky Causeway (03' B.g, Giant's Causeway-Commodities, Private Account) has been retired. He was a S.W. of 11 races and earned $416,429.
jjacks1

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm

KimmieB wrote:Joyful Victory

Will be offered at F-T sale.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... old-at-f-t
I will really miss watching her run. Goodbye gorgeous and good luck in your new career as a broodmare! Hope she stays stateside so we can see her babies grow up!