Waiting for news on ...

User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks for that, and yes, I was concerned with the quick turnaround. He has a lot of layoff lines, and I am concerned about him. Back in the day, he did have some talent, but those days are behind him I believe. His comeback race last time out, which he lost just on the line- was off an over year layoff. I was hoping that since I did not see him work that he had found a new home, and he shows up again.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 am

Nero Emperor. Was in the 2nd today at Meydan. Took a bad step in the straight and looked like he severely hurt a hind leg, his rider got pulled up and got off just before the finish line. Did not look good
weeeeeeeee
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10674
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:27 am

I have no idea how you would go about tracking the condition of a horse at Meydan...it's hard enough with our USA tracks. Maybe RacingPost.com?
Catalina
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:02 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I have no idea how you would go about tracking the condition of a horse at Meydan...it's hard enough with our USA tracks. Maybe RacingPost.com?
His trainer Tommy Stack has a facebook page. Maybe some information will surface there.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tommy-St ... ref=stream
second_glance
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:11 am

Northport wrote:Nero Emperor. Was in the 2nd today at Meydan. Took a bad step in the straight and looked like he severely hurt a hind leg, his rider got pulled up and got off just before the finish line. Did not look good
Pat Cummings (@DubaiRaceNight on Twitter) follows and writes about the Carnival at Meydan and other Mid-Eastern Racing. He writes a recap of the Carnival every night, and I'm sorry to report this as his first entry for the first night:

"Firstly, our thoughts go out to the connections of Nero Emperor. We learned late Thursday that the pelvis injury suffered in the second race required the turf sprinter be put down."

http://www.dubairacenight.com/dwcc-night-1-recap/
Catalina
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:06 am

second_glance wrote:
Northport wrote:Nero Emperor. Was in the 2nd today at Meydan. Took a bad step in the straight and looked like he severely hurt a hind leg, his rider got pulled up and got off just before the finish line. Did not look good
Pat Cummings (@DubaiRaceNight on Twitter) follows and writes about the Carnival at Meydan and other Mid-Eastern Racing. He writes a recap of the Carnival every night, and I'm sorry to report this as his first entry for the first night:

"Firstly, our thoughts go out to the connections of Nero Emperor. We learned late Thursday that the pelvis injury suffered in the second race required the turf sprinter be put down."

http://www.dubairacenight.com/dwcc-night-1-recap/
Poor boy... :cry:
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 pm

second_glance wrote:
Northport wrote:Nero Emperor. Was in the 2nd today at Meydan. Took a bad step in the straight and looked like he severely hurt a hind leg, his rider got pulled up and got off just before the finish line. Did not look good
Pat Cummings (@DubaiRaceNight on Twitter) follows and writes about the Carnival at Meydan and other Mid-Eastern Racing. He writes a recap of the Carnival every night, and I'm sorry to report this as his first entry for the first night:

"Firstly, our thoughts go out to the connections of Nero Emperor. We learned late Thursday that the pelvis injury suffered in the second race required the turf sprinter be put down."

http://www.dubairacenight.com/dwcc-night-1-recap/
:(
weeeeeeeee
horsefan
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:18 am

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 pm

Flat in Charge, Race 6 at GS. Pulled up vanned off. http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 14USA6.pdf
Lakeway
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:27 am

horsefan wrote:Flat in Charge, Race 6 at GS. Pulled up vanned off. http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 14USA6.pdf
Just watched the replay and he was pulled up fairly early - hoping he's ok...
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10674
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Tiz Tee Time, pulled up in the stretch of the 8th at Oaklawn, an AOC. He was leading coming down the stretch, when his rider pulled him up...although they crossed under the wire, with the horse still fighting his rider, wanting to run.
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:48 am

Esquel (War Front) stumbled badly and fell leaving the gate in the 4th race at PARX yesterday (01/18). Any on word her condition?
User avatar
Della
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:24 am
Location: Plymouth Meeting, near Philly, PA
Contact:

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:19 am

A Boy Named Em, a 2009 Point Given gelding, was pulled up and vanned off in Race 4 yesterday (Jan. 18) at Penn National, after the first half-mile.
Lakeway
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Della wrote:A Boy Named Em, a 2009 Point Given gelding, was pulled up and vanned off in Race 4 yesterday (Jan. 18) at Penn National, after the first half-mile.
Have followed this guy - so hope he's ok. Any news would be appreciated...
User avatar
Della
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:24 am
Location: Plymouth Meeting, near Philly, PA
Contact:

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Lakeway wrote:
Della wrote:A Boy Named Em, a 2009 Point Given gelding, was pulled up and vanned off in Race 4 yesterday (Jan. 18) at Penn National, after the first half-mile.
Have followed this guy - so hope he's ok. Any news would be appreciated...

A Boy Named Em is a real hard-knocker. Hope we hear good news on him.
genuinerisk
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:34 am

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Skinny Margarita, R2 at Aqueduct, stumbled badly, "pulled up, vanned off", didn't look good. Anyone have any news?
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10674
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:52 pm

In the Cal Cup Derby just run at Santa Anita, a horse passed under the wire without a jockey, followed by another horse I think was Electric Eddie...limping horribly, but still trying to finish. A replay showed that EE went wrong in the stretch, bumping into a horse beside him.
I wish someone had been able to catch Electric Eddie before he got so far...undoubtedly doing more damage to himself. :(
DRF reports that EE has been fitted with a boot and will be vanned off.
second_glance
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:03 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:In the Cal Cup Derby just run at Santa Anita, a horse passed under the wire without a jockey, followed by another horse I think was Electric Eddie...limping horribly, but still trying to finish. A replay showed that EE went wrong in the stretch, bumping into a horse beside him.
I wish someone had been able to catch Electric Eddie before he got so far...undoubtedly doing more damage to himself. :(
DRF reports that EE has been fitted with a boot and will be vanned off.
Electric Eddie was the one limping; he took bad step, bumped Oh Billy Billy, who lost rider but looked okay galloping across the line. Aotearoa was also eased early on. People are saying Gutierrez tried to grab EE, but he shook loose. So sad.
Lakeway
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Alasharchy finished 5th in the California Club Oaks (race 7 at Santa Anita) but the chart says that she did not return to be unsaddled and was vanned off. Any information would be appreciated...
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10674
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Latest via Privman re: Eddie: Serious injury, X-rays being taken. May not have update tonight.
Catalina
Posts: 3693
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:03 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Latest via Privman re: Eddie: Serious injury, X-rays being taken. May not have update tonight.
And BH's Novak has the gall to say "the results were slightly marred by a mishap with Electric Eddie, who injured his left foreleg".
Post Reply