Why play with an alligator?

ElPrado2

Sat May 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Some woman at a park in Brevard County, FL decided to play with an alligator. She found out why the signs said not to and was air lifted out.
They only look like logs. They move much faster than logs.
Warning: do not try to pick your new shoes on the hoof.
WarBiscuit

Sat May 25, 2019 6:12 pm

ElPrado2 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Some woman at a park in Brevard County, FL decided to play with an alligator. She found out why the signs said not to and was air lifted out.
They only look like logs. They move much faster than logs.
Warning: do not try to pick your new shoes on the hoof.
I remember my first trip across Alligator Alley as a kid many seasons ago now - when it was still a two lane road - and seeing the signs at the rest areas urging people to take a close look around (read: logs that may appear to move) before getting out of their cars. Still seems to be sage advice...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
ElPrado2

Sun May 26, 2019 4:19 am

It's even worse this time of year. The bulls are looking for lady friends.
Way back when I was in grade school, Mom was driving me to school. Mom opened the front door and put one foot out. The 8 foot bull gator sitting on the front porch took that as a cue to roar for a lady friend. My mother was English. She drowned him out.
The sheriff's office had fun all morning getting him back to his territory. I had a front row seat from the couch. My grade school accepted the uninvited house guest as an excuse for me being absent.