Happiness

Insane Crazy

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Hey, that would be awesome. Good luck, BlindLucky! What industry do you work in, if you care to share? ETA: Duh, you said software. I guess I meant what sort of stuff do you do?

My dream is to go full time writing and just huddle up somewhere I enjoy. The beach in that photo looks about right.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
BlindLucky

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:Hey, that would be awesome. Good luck, BlindLucky! What industry do you work in, if you care to share? ETA: Duh, you said software. I guess I meant what sort of stuff do you do?

My dream is to go full time writing and just huddle up somewhere I enjoy. The beach in that photo looks about right.
I'm a tech writer, so everything I write is instructional and really dry. This job will give me a little bit of a break, since I'll have the chance to do a few different things for them. I was ready to walk out of my current job the other day, so this couldn't come at a better time :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:02 pm

I had my crazy awesome interview yesterday, we talked for almost two hours. There's one guy left to interview on Monday, and it's between that guy and me. I hope he sucks :lol:

The office is in the revamped downtown warehouse district, full of really cool shops, restaurants, and businesses. The office is open and modern and full of light, the people were great, they have a freaking ping pong table in front of a big, frosted glass window, and a full kitchen. It's a dream job, too. Awesome benefits, great money. I'm my own boss, I can work from home when I want (I would be the only female in an office of 12 or so guys, and they can get loud). The whole interview experience just oozed excitement and enthusiasm, something my current job completely lacks. In fact, I work with a lot of people who have been there for 30 years and are counting down the days until they can retire.

Please please please please let me get this job. I totally feel like I aced this interview.
Senator L

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Happiness thread is behind the vent thread by a wide margin - about 3 -1
just sayin ;)
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
sweettalk

Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:55 pm

so. triple crown? made me pretty happy.
Insane Crazy

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:32 am

sweettalk wrote:so. triple crown? made me pretty happy.
Yeah...that was alright. :D
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:38 am

I suspect that if we took all the threads over in Racing celebrating American Pharoah's Triple Crown and put them here, the Happiness thread would be leaving the Vent thread in the dust. ;) 8-)
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 am

My dog passed her canine good citizen. There were 8 dogs that tested, she was one of three that passed. She has an appointment for the therapy dog test September 13th....in the meantime what's next for us is taking a rally obedience novice class....this is a dog I'm planning on competing with
Oldowan

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:39 am

Absolutely nothing is wrong right now. :D Incredible day yesterday, so many of the old guys at this run-down track weeping openly. Wednesday I leave for Africa--my only problem now is six weeks without Pharoah news! (Or any news.)
Somnambulist

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Florence + The Machine's new album is such an amazing piece of work.

Her voice blows me away. What a relatable album.... so mature. So nice to re-connect with my music after not listening to much in the past few days.
War Admiral

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Finally seeing a TC winner made me forget all about posting in in the vent thread.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
BlindLucky

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:32 pm

War Admiral wrote:Finally seeing a TC winner made me forget all about posting in in the vent thread.
It made me forget how much I hate my job, and nothing has been able to do that lately. I don't even care that I have to go back in to work tomorrow extra early! Bring it on :lol:
islandgirl45

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Oldowan wrote:Absolutely nothing is wrong right now. :D Incredible day yesterday, so many of the old guys at this run-down track weeping openly. Wednesday I leave for Africa--my only problem now is six weeks without Pharoah news! (Or any news.)
I must have missed you posting about this before (or I forgot ;)), but what part of Africa, and what will you be doing there?
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
Oldowan

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:27 pm

islandgirl45 wrote:
Oldowan wrote:Absolutely nothing is wrong right now. :D Incredible day yesterday, so many of the old guys at this run-down track weeping openly. Wednesday I leave for Africa--my only problem now is six weeks without Pharoah news! (Or any news.)
I must have missed you posting about this before (or I forgot ;)), but what part of Africa, and what will you be doing there?
No, I've been busy and haven't been online much. I'll be in Kenya digging at Koobi Fora.
TapitsGal

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:34 pm

I swear my puppy knows English. Took her back to the vets today. The thermometer hadn't even appeared, the tech only mentioned that magic phrase of I have to take your temperature and that dog sat down, planted her butt on the floor and would.not.move
Catalina

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Oldowan wrote:
islandgirl45 wrote:
No, I've been busy and haven't been online much. I'll be in Kenya digging at Koobi Fora.
All the best on your dig!
SunKing

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:17 pm

I feel like everything has been right with the world since Saturday night. And I got Haskell tickets yesterday which means there's a HUGE chance I'll get to see a Triple Crown winner in person after all. :D
Somnambulist

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:57 pm

SunKing wrote:I feel like everything has been right with the world since Saturday night. And I got Haskell tickets yesterday which means there's a HUGE chance I'll get to see a Triple Crown winner in person after all. :D
I've been in a great mood since then, too.

I spent my whole lunch break holed up in my car (blasting Cradle of Filth so no one even be tempted to knock on my window) away from every co-worker and manager that wants something to do with me. I had a fabulous day dream that I was an author on a remote island, far, far away from everyone typing my novel on the beach under an umbrella with a nice, chilly mediterrain mule on hand.

Might be time for my quarter life crisis career idea to become a reality. NEVER tell your superiors you want more work... lesson learned.
BlindLucky

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm

BlindLucky wrote:I had my crazy awesome interview yesterday, we talked for almost two hours. There's one guy left to interview on Monday, and it's between that guy and me. I hope he sucks :lol:

The office is in the revamped downtown warehouse district, full of really cool shops, restaurants, and businesses. The office is open and modern and full of light, the people were great, they have a freaking ping pong table in front of a big, frosted glass window, and a full kitchen. It's a dream job, too. Awesome benefits, great money. I'm my own boss, I can work from home when I want (I would be the only female in an office of 12 or so guys, and they can get loud). The whole interview experience just oozed excitement and enthusiasm, something my current job completely lacks. In fact, I work with a lot of people who have been there for 30 years and are counting down the days until they can retire.

Please please please please let me get this job. I totally feel like I aced this interview.
I got the job! And I quit my crappy one today! Ahhhhh what a feeling. A Triple Crown AND a new job in one week :lol:
dustino140

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Congrats. That's great!