The Press versus The People

Admin

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:54 pm

I don't remember having so much fun during a political campaign as watching the Trump phenomenon. This isn't partisan, which is what makes it so fun. The press just cannot stand him -- both the liberal and conservative press -- and talk awful about him in every single comment. The other Republican candidates cannot bear him and equally talk awful. These people, with all their supposed expertise, have ridiculed Trump as I've seen no one else escape. And so far, he's escaped. His poll numbers have gone up. I find that so amusing, to for once see the public ignore what the "elites" tell us we should think of someone. And the press don't like it one bit. I'm loving it.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:02 pm

I would be disappointed in anyone...liberals, conservatives, media...who actually liked Trump's inflammatory blustering.
If it's true that his ratings with the public have gone up, IMO that just points out The Marching Morons phenomenon that has been discussed over on the Chrome Crazies thread. :P :twisted:
Admin

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I would be disappointed in anyone...liberals, conservatives, media...who actually liked Trump's inflammatory blustering.
If it's true that his ratings with the public have gone up, IMO that just points out The Marching Morons phenomenon that has been discussed over on the Chrome Crazies thread. :P :twisted:
Eh, let's not go here. I was trying for a thread that doesn't insult anyone. That's doing the same thing I'm talking of the press doing to Trump and us. Clearly they (and you) don't understand why Trump gets support, and I'm finding it fantastic to see the people speak loudly against what the press on BOTH political sides are feeding us. Go The People!
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:57 pm

My opinion of Trump is based on his words and behavior...not on what the press says.
Somnambulist

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Trump cats are great, though.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
islandgirl45

Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 am

Admin wrote:I don't remember having so much fun during a political campaign as watching the Trump phenomenon. This isn't partisan, which is what makes it so fun. The press just cannot stand him -- both the liberal and conservative press -- and talk awful about him in every single comment. The other Republican candidates cannot bear him and equally talk awful. These people, with all their supposed expertise, have ridiculed Trump as I've seen no one else escape. And so far, he's escaped. His poll numbers have gone up. I find that so amusing, to for once see the public ignore what the "elites" tell us we should think of someone. And the press don't like it one bit. I'm loving it.
I'm loving it, too! I'm hoping for a Trump/Huckabee, Trump/Bachmann, Trump/Cruz or Trump/Carson ticket.
Please make it happen! :)

I also think you're wrong about the press "not liking it one bit" that Trump is in the race, unless by "press" you mean folks like the political pundits who sign on as paid contributors to networks like Fox and CNN. I don't think of those as "press" because they mostly offer their opinions.

I think it's likely the reporters who cover Trump's campaign thank the Lord for him every night because Trump is so easy to cover. He's an ever-more-outrageous-quote-machine, so stories just write themselves. ;)
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
SunKing

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:20 am

Add my name to the list of people loving Trump mania. I don't know why I always find myself watching his interviews.

True story, last week I spent an hour watching his interview with Anderson Cooper and that night I had a dream that he came to me for help with his Estate Planning (I work in Estates and Trusts). :lol:

Every election cycle there always seems to be the "flavor of the month" type of candidate, who kind of becomes a flash in the pan so to speak. I know Trump doesn't REALLY count since he's not new on the map but it will be interesting to see if this continues into 2016.

I also think the press does love it because he's willing to talk to anyone and he shows up by himself without an entourage of people and he's not afraid to answer any questions. It must be refreshing for reporters.
Bookman

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:47 am

Fans of Bloom County should appreciate this.

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/13/bloom_c ... ald_trump/

The new strip is posted daily on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed?fref=photo

I'm sure many of the younger members will think "That's where that goofy penguin came from"

If only Bill Watterson would bring back Calvin & Hobbs
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan