Photos/News about Broodmares

BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:22 pm

I thought the winking emoji ( ;) ) kind of indicated the whole 'not seriously' intent. :lol:
Ketama
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:29 am

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 am

Eblouissante (in foal to Dansili) posing for potential buyers at the Tattersalls broodmare auction in England:

Image

pic c/o The National Stud on Twitter

https://twitter.com/NatStudStallion/sta ... 2297316353
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Ebby's lost none of her looks, I see. IMHO, she may be the most beautiful foal Vertigineux ever dropped.
I believe she was supposed to be bred to either Frankel or Oasis Dream last year.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -in-europe
Did she have a foal this year? I guess I'm surprised to see her back in the sales ring.
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1641
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:47 pm

She had a colt by Oasis Dream this year. I like that match. Oasis Dream should add some much needed speed and precocity.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks.
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Ketama wrote:Eblouissante (in foal to Dansili) posing for potential buyers at the Tattersalls broodmare auction in England:

Image

pic c/o The National Stud on Twitter

https://twitter.com/NatStudStallion/sta ... 2297316353
Didn't know she was set to be sold. I'm betting that she will top the $2,100,000 that St George Farm paid for her 3 years ago.
weeeeeeeee
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Eblouissante sold at Tattersalls for 1million guineas to Summer Wind Farm (Is she coming back home to the States?), and Hazariya, the dam of the dual Darby winner Harzand, and more than a few other stakes horses just lit up the board at 2 million guineas. Sold to MV Magnier, AKA Coolmore. Ebby is in foal to Juddmonte stalwart Dansili, and Hazariya in turn, in foal to the Irish National Stud's flagship stallion Invincible Spirit. Most likely the sales topper. Thoughts guys? I'm a bit surprised Ebby sold for that much at a Euro bloodstock sale. Relation to Z or not, she has a purely American pedigree.
Pulpit 1994-2012
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6021
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Ioya Two wrote:Eblouissante sold at Tattersalls for 1million guineas to Summer Wind Farm (Is she coming back home to the States?), and Hazariya, the dam of the dual Darby winner Harzand, and more than a few other stakes horses just lit up the board at 2 million guineas. Sold to MV Magnier, AKA Coolmore. Ebby is in foal to Juddmonte stalwart Dansili, and Hazariya in turn, in foal to the Irish National Stud's flagship stallion Invincible Spirit. Most likely the sales topper. Thoughts guys? I'm a bit surprised Ebby sold for that much at a Euro bloodstock sale. Relation to Z or not, she has a purely American pedigree.
Looks like Ebby will be coming back to the States eventually.

Coolmore buy Harzand dam as mate for Galileo
The presence of a half-sister to history-making mare Zenyatta drew a new visitor to Tattersalls in the shape of Jane Lyon, who owns a boutique band of broodmares at her Summer Wind Farm in Kentucky that includes Littleprincessemma, the dam of none other than American Pharoah.

Eblouissante, consigned by the National Stud in foal to Dansili, is a seven-year-old by Bernardini and is also a half-sister to three-time Grade 1 winner Balance as well as Breeders' Cup Classic heroine Zenyatta.

Lyon managed to secure her, but was forced all the way up to 1,100,000gns to do so to make it the second time the mare has fetched a seven-figure price, having been bought by St George Farm at Keeneland for $2.1 million three years ago. She has a colt foal by Oasis Dream on the ground.

"The decision isn't totally final but I think for her sake we will leave her here until after she foals as I don't want to take any chances transporting her," said Lyon, who was sitting with Simon Marsh and Bill Farish.

"We're going to put our heads together and determine if we want to breed her to a European stallion, which is a distinct possibility. She is the kind of mare I can take back to America and breed to anyone I want. Obviously it's one of the stronger families in America and I did not have any of them.
Euro Charline who, almost unbelievably considering her later exploits, was once knocked down for the minimum bid of 800gns as a yearling at Tattersalls, has a date with Japanese kingpin sire Deep Impact on the cards after selling to Shunsuke Yoshida, brother of Northern Farms' Katsumi, for 750,000gns.

"She will be brought back to Japan," he said. "One of our own racehorses raced against her [Real Steel], so we've known her for a long time.

"There are almost too many Deep Impacts in Japan, so it is nice to buy into a new bloodline. She will likely to be bred to him first if he's not too busy!
More: http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... o/2202628/
hadrianmarcus
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:14 pm

"There are almost too many Deep Impacts in Japan.....................She will likely to be bred to him first if he's not too busy!
Oy Vey.....or whatever the Japanese equivalent may be.
Ketama
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:29 am

Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:50 am

Another pic of Eblouissante at Tattersalls:

Image

c/o GBRI via Twitter: https://twitter.com/GBRI_UK/status/803604743939493890
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:23 pm

My eyes tend to glaze over when I see "guineas," so I went looking for some conversion info. From what I found, a million guineas is about $1,632,900.
tachyon
Posts: 3791
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Daiwa Scarlet(JPN) (Agnes Tachyon)
https://www.facebook.com/ShadaiFarm/pho ... =3&theater
at Shadai Farm
BornToWin
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:32 am

ThreeMustangs wrote:She had a colt by Oasis Dream this year. I like that match. Oasis Dream should add some much needed speed and precocity.
Are there any pictures of the colt? They buyer mentioned in a published interview that the colt looked good. Ebby is a beautiful mare who looks to me to be more of Bernardini that the Kris S look that I see in Zenyatta.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4317
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:24 am

BornToWin wrote:
ThreeMustangs wrote:She had a colt by Oasis Dream this year. I like that match. Oasis Dream should add some much needed speed and precocity.
Are there any pictures of the colt? They buyer mentioned in a published interview that the colt looked good. Ebby is a beautiful mare who looks to me to be more of Bernardini that the Kris S look that I see in Zenyatta.
The consignor probably had photos of the foal to show potential buyers, but I don't think any have been released publicly. At the November sales, I had several consignors show me photos of the big mares' offspring. The consignor for Bubbler had a poster-size photo of her 2016 foal hanging on the wall.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6021
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Peter MoodyVerified account‏@moodyracingpgm
Great to see nelly an latest snitzel foal. Looks great the big mare
Image
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6021
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:02 pm

Nicole Russo ‏@DRFRusso
(1/2) Co-owner Mike Stinson tells colleague @JayHovdey Peppers Pride lost American Pharoah foal she was carrying http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-stinsons ... fect-match

Nicole Russo ‏@DRFRusso
(2/2) Per Stinson, Peppers Pride could be bred back to American Pharoah in 2017, or could visit California Chrome, as was original plan.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10205
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:07 pm

What a shame. So much hope, lost before its time. :(
Question about breeding fees; since Pepper's Pride lost her American Pharoah foal, will she get a free breeding back to AP? Part of the 'Stands & Nurses' portion of most breeding contracts?
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:What a shame. So much hope, lost before its time. :(
Question about breeding fees; since Pepper's Pride lost her American Pharoah foal, will she get a free breeding back to AP? Part of the 'Stands & Nurses' portion of most breeding contracts?
It sounds like it - from the article above:

“Whether she goes to him or Chrome, we don’t know yet,” Stinson said. “We’re guaranteed in the deal to go back to American Pharoah, so we’d have to work that out.”
weeeeeeeee
TBird
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:31 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:What a shame. So much hope, lost before its time. :(
Question about breeding fees; since Pepper's Pride lost her American Pharoah foal, will she get a free breeding back to AP? Part of the 'Stands & Nurses' portion of most breeding contracts?
"Stands and Nurses" means that the stud fee isn't paid until a live foal does that. So there is no free breed back because the stud fee was never paid.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6021
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Black Caviar confirmed in foal for fourth time
WONDERMARE Black Caviar has been confirmed as in foal to shuttler More Than Ready, her managing owner Neil Werrett has confirmed.

The ten-year-old daughter of Bel Esprit, who went unbeaten in a 25-race career, already has three offspring on the ground, a two-year-old filly by Exceed And Excel, a yearling colt by Sebring and a filly foal by Snitzel.
http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... e/2221785/
Post Reply