hadrianmarcus wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:17 pm
I watched the YouTube coverage of the sale and I must say Drefong is throwing some surprisingly nice looking offspring. His colt out of Admire Sceptre fetched $2,278,000 (yes, you read that right) and he was very well supported by buyers, with another colt selling for over $750,000.
I knew Drefong would be a popular stallion in Japan with a strong support by the Shadai (Northern Farm).
He was given such quality mares like Stardom Bound, Shining Energy, Lethal Heat etc from his debut season at Shadai.
But, yes, he beat the expectations on this sales!
Drefong was #4 by the total amount sold on the foal session.
Sire (Sire of Sire) Total Amount Sold in JPY
1. Deep Impact(JPN) (Sunday Silence) 1,827,360,000
2. Lord Kanaloa(JPN) (King Kamehameha) 1,434,240,000
3. Duramente(JPN) (King Kamehameha) 888,300,000
4. Drefong(USA) (Gio Ponti) 738,720,000
5. Heart's Cry(JPN) (Sunday Silence) 653,400,000
6. King Kamehameha(JPN) (Kingmambo) 652,320,000
7. Harbinger(GB) (Dansili) 476,280,000
8. Kitasan Black(JPN) (Black Tide) 475,200,000
9. Maurice(JPN) (Screen Hero) 366,120,000
10. Rulership(JPN) (King Kamehameha) 298,080,000
Foal's dam Admire Sceptre(JPN)(King Kamehameha) is a full sister to champion Duramente(JPN).
2nd dam Admire Groove(JPN)(Sunday Silence) was a champion, too.