The rise of Sunday Silence

tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:25 am

Gemini wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm
tachyon wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 am
Hat Trick(JPN)
Image
standing at Haras Springfield, Brazil.
Hat Trick certainly has the same sort of intimidating stare as his sire and grandsire.
Agreed!
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:09 pm

Win Win Win (2016 dk b/br colt) lived up to his name in the Pasco Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs. He set a new track and stakes record for seven furlongs, opening up by about six lengths and finishing in 1:20.9.

His pedigree is Hat Trick - Miss Smarty Pants, by Smarty Jones.
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:02 am

Gemini wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:09 pm
Win Win Win (2016 dk b/br colt) lived up to his name in the Pasco Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs. He set a new track and stakes record for seven furlongs, opening up by about six lengths and finishing in 1:20.9.

His pedigree is Hat Trick - Miss Smarty Pants, by Smarty Jones.
Thanks for the heads-up! :D
I have just now seen the replay.
He displays a tremendous speed on the dirt! 8-)
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 pm

tachyon wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:02 am
Gemini wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:09 pm
Win Win Win (2016 dk b/br colt) lived up to his name in the Pasco Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs. He set a new track and stakes record for seven furlongs, opening up by about six lengths and finishing in 1:20.9.

His pedigree is Hat Trick - Miss Smarty Pants, by Smarty Jones.
Thanks for the heads-up! :D
I have just now seen the replay.
He displays a tremendous speed on the dirt! 8-)
Indeed. Sometimes the word "breathtaking" is a bit overused, but I thought WWW's closing move deserves the description. He will be going in the Sam F. Davis Stakes (G3) next, and then possibly other races on the Kentucky Derby trail.
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:00 am

Royal Touch(JPN), 1993H. Sunday Silence(USA) x Powerful Lady(JPN) by Maruzensky(JPN), died on Feb 2nd 2019 at Rolling Eggs Club, Hokkaido, where he had been pensioned. :(

The runner-up in both the G1 Satsuki Sho (to Ishino Sunday) & G1 Kikuka Sho (to Dance in the Dark) might also be remembered as the sire of Asahi Rising(JPN) who finished 2nd in the 2006 G1 American Oaks (to Wait a While) at Hollywood Park.

May he rest in peace.

Image
Image
Royal Touch(JPN)
https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0000266932/


-- replay of the 1996 Kikuka Sho (Japanese St Leger) (G1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdN9UXAbC30
1st. Dance in the Dark(JPN) (Sunday Silence)
2nd. Royal Touch(JPN) (Sunday Silence)
3rd. Fusaichi Concorde(JPN) (Caerleon)


-- replay of the 2006 American Oaks (G1) won by Wait a While(USA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxPPm1hrkqI
1st. Wait a While(USA) (Maria's Mon)
2nd. Asahi Rising(JPN) (Royal Touch)
3rd. Arravale(USA) (Arch)
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:13 am

I had forgotten to mention the 28th daughter of Sunday Silence to produce one or more G1 winners worldwide after Fusaichi Pandora(JPN), dam of Almond Eye(JPN), who was the 27th.

She is Bella Sunday(AUS), 2000M. Sunday Silence(USA) x Singles Bar(AUS) by Rorys Jester(AUS).
Her daughter Oohood(AUS), 2015F by I am Invincible(AUS), won the G1 Flight Stakes at Randwick, Australia, on Sep 29th 2018.

Oohood(AUS)
https://www.pedigreequery.com/oohood
Image
https://www.aushorse.com.au/here-comes- ... es-flight/

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q7pwxRDXVg
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:49 pm

tachyon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:13 am
I had forgotten to mention the 28th daughter of Sunday Silence to produce one or more G1 winners worldwide after Fusaichi Pandora(JPN), dam of Almond Eye(JPN), who was the 27th.

She is Bella Sunday(AUS), 2000M. Sunday Silence(USA) x Singles Bar(AUS) by Rorys Jester(AUS).
Her daughter Oohood(AUS), 2015F by I am Invincible(AUS), won the G1 Flight Stakes at Randwick, Australia, on Sep 29th 2018.

Oohood(AUS)
https://www.pedigreequery.com/oohood
https://www.aushorse.com.au/here-comes- ... es-flight/

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q7pwxRDXVg
Sunday continues to cement his position as one of the greatest breed-shaping sires of all time.
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:49 pm
tachyon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:13 am
I had forgotten to mention the 28th daughter of Sunday Silence to produce one or more G1 winners worldwide after Fusaichi Pandora(JPN), dam of Almond Eye(JPN), who was the 27th.

She is Bella Sunday(AUS), 2000M. Sunday Silence(USA) x Singles Bar(AUS) by Rorys Jester(AUS).
Her daughter Oohood(AUS), 2015F by I am Invincible(AUS), won the G1 Flight Stakes at Randwick, Australia, on Sep 29th 2018.

Oohood(AUS)
https://www.pedigreequery.com/oohood
https://www.aushorse.com.au/here-comes- ... es-flight/

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q7pwxRDXVg
Sunday continues to cement his position as one of the greatest breed-shaping sires of all time.
Agreed!
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:21 pm

Alessandria(GB) became the 29th daughter of Sunday Silence(USA) to produce one or more G1 winners worldwide, when her 5yo gelding Avilius(GB)[by Pivotal(GB)] won the G1 Ranvet Stakes 2000m turf for Godolphin at Rosehill, Austraila, on March 23rd 2019.
He showed a beautiful turn of foot. 8-)

Image
@rtralphy

Avilius(GB)
https://www.pedigreequery.com/avilius
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/avilius ... s-20190323

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8qHOzRDwU
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:57 pm

tachyon wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:21 pm
Alessandria(GB) became the 29th daughter of Sunday Silence(USA) to produce one or more G1 winners worldwide, when her 5yo gelding Avilius(GB)[by Pivotal(GB)] won the G1 Ranvet Stakes 2000m turf for Godolphin at Rosehill, Austraila, on March 23rd 2019.
He showed a beautiful turn of foot. 8-)

Image
@rtralphy

Avilius(GB)
https://www.pedigreequery.com/avilius
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/avilius ... s-20190323

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8qHOzRDwU
I'm sure there were reasons for gelding Avilius, but based on pedigree he would have offered a lot. The Nureyev branch of Northern Dancer's line seems to be increasingly scarce.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm

WinStar president and CEO Elliott Walden on Yoshida:
Looking ahead, Walden noted that being bred in Japan could draw added interest for Yoshida. Walden said WinStar was searching for Sunday Silence bloodlines when it landed Yoshida at the 2015 Japan Racing Horse Association Sale of Yearlings and Weanlings for about $765,000.

"I think he'll be received well," Walden said. "I think that he brings something back to the breed, and with all that's going on in America right now with Lasix and all that, bringing back some international bloodlines—after they've been going away for 30 years—I think makes some sense."
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... nstar-farm
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 pm

Gemini wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:57 pm
tachyon wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:21 pm
Alessandria(GB) became the 29th daughter of Sunday Silence(USA) to produce one or more G1 winners worldwide, when her 5yo gelding Avilius(GB)[by Pivotal(GB)] won the G1 Ranvet Stakes 2000m turf for Godolphin at Rosehill, Austraila, on March 23rd 2019.
He showed a beautiful turn of foot. 8-)

Image
@rtralphy

Avilius(GB)
https://www.pedigreequery.com/avilius
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/avilius ... s-20190323

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8qHOzRDwU
I'm sure there were reasons for gelding Avilius, but based on pedigree he would have offered a lot. The Nureyev branch of Northern Dancer's line seems to be increasingly scarce.
It's a bit shame that Avilius has been gelded.
But it now looks like he is ready to become a superstar!! :D

He cruised to win the G1 Tancred Stakes 2400m turf at Rosehill, Australia, on March 30th 2019!!!!!! :D :D
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/avilius ... y-20190330

Image
Image: Bradley Photography

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hH1tfEa6jU
Last edited by tachyon on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6069
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Gemini, This Twitter thread might help you feel better about the enduring bloodlines of Nureyev, at least through mares.

Frances J Karon @francesjkaron
I've gotta give some love to my beloved Nureyev: DWC to Thunder Snow (2nd dam by Nureyev; 1st dam is inbred 4x2 to Nureyev); Dubai Turf to Almond Eye (5x3 to Nureyev; 2nd dam by Nureyev); Sheema Classic to Old Persian (3rd dam, a full sis to Kingmambo's dam Miesque, by Nureyev).
https://twitter.com/francesjkaron/statu ... 5032205313
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:21 pm
Gemini, This Twitter thread might help you feel better about the enduring bloodlines of Nureyev, at least through mares.

Frances J Karon @francesjkaron
I've gotta give some love to my beloved Nureyev: DWC to Thunder Snow (2nd dam by Nureyev; 1st dam is inbred 4x2 to Nureyev); Dubai Turf to Almond Eye (5x3 to Nureyev; 2nd dam by Nureyev); Sheema Classic to Old Persian (3rd dam, a full sis to Kingmambo's dam Miesque, by Nureyev).
https://twitter.com/francesjkaron/statu ... 5032205313
Cool Twitter thread! Thank you!
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:45 am

The Ninth favorite Al Ain(JPN), 2014H. Deep Impact(JPN) x Dubai Majesty(USA) by Essence of Dubai(USA), earned his second G1 title in the Osaka Hai 2000m turf at Hanshin on March 31st 2019.
He was winless in ten starts since he had won the G1 Satsuki Sho (Japanese 2000 Guineas) in 2017.
It was jockey Yuichi Kitamura's first G1 victory.

https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001191607/
16-5-3-2

Image
Image
Image
Image

-- replay (English)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2c8C1JDZs4

-- JRA Review
''Al Ain Earns Well-Deserved G1 Osaka Hai Victory''
http://japanracing.jp/_news2019/190331.html
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:19 am

Japan's Horse of the Year Almond Eye(JPN), 2015F. Lord Kanaloa(JPN) x Fusaichi Pandora(JPN) by Sunday Silnece(USA), did not disappoint in her international debut as she won the G1 Dubai Turf 1800m turf at Meydan on March 30th 2019.
She extended her G1 winning streak to five races from 1600m to 2400m.
'' I want to take her to the Arc if everything works out so she’ll probably run somewhere in Europe before that, I think, '' said Sakae Kunieda, the trainer of Almond Eye.

https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001203363/
8-7-1-0

Image
Image
Image
Image


-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhMn95pIRJE

-- JRA review
''Dubai World Cup Day - Almond Eye captures Dubai Turf for Japan''
http://japanracing.jp/_news2019/190401-02.html
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:37 pm

@Tachyon...posting this here for you: A daughter of Deep Impact named Fraulein had a California Chrome colt on April 2, 2019 in Kentucky. Fraulein is out of G1 winner Lady Joanne, a half sister to Shackleford. They are out of the 2011 Broodmare of the Year Oatsee.
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:37 pm
@Tachyon...posting this here for you: A daughter of Deep Impact named Fraulein had a California Chrome colt on April 2, 2019 in Kentucky. Fraulein is out of G1 winner Lady Joanne, a half sister to Shackleford. They are out of the 2011 Broodmare of the Year Oatsee.
Thanks for the info!
There’s another good news today.
We are going to see a great-grandson of Sunday Silence run in the Kentucky Derby this year!!

His name is Master Fencer(JPN)(Just a Way)!!!

https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001218470/
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:15 am

Gran Alegria(JPN), 2016F. Deep Impact(JPN) x Tapitsfly(USA) by Tapit(USA), won the G1 Oka Sho (Japanese 1000 Guineas) 1600m turf overwhelmingly at Hanshin smashing race record time on April 7th 2019.
https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001220947/
4-3-0-1

Image
Image
Image
Image

-- replay (English)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9BFRgosHcA
1st 8 Gran Alegria(JPN)[Deep Impact(JPN) x Tapitsfly(USA) by Tapit(USA)] F3 55 01:32.7
2nd 16 Shigeru Pink Dia(JPN)[Daiwa Majpr(JPN) x Moonlight Bay(JPN) by High Chaparral(IRE)] F3 55 01:33.1 2 1/2
3rd 4 Chrono Genesis(JPN)[Bago(FR) x Chronologist(JPN) by Kurofune(USA)] F3 55 01:33.1 NK
4th 15 Danon Fantasy(JPN) F3 55 01:33.1 NS
5th 14 Beach Samba(JPN) F3 55 01:33.2 NK
6th 18 Pourville(JPN) F3 55 01:33.3 3/4
7th 2 Aile Voix(JPN) F3 55 01:33.5 1 1/4
8th 13 Juranville(JPN) F3 55 01:33.6 3/4
9th 1 Schon Glanz(JPN) F3 55 01:33.7 NK
10th 7 A Will a Way(JPN) F3 55 01:34.0 2
11th 12 No One(JPN) F3 55 01:34.2 1 1/4
12th 11 Meisho Keimei(JPN) F3 55 01:34.4 1 1/4
13th 9 Aqua Mirabilis(JPN) F3 55 01:34.6 1 1/4
14th 17 Red Aster(JPN) F3 55 01:34.7 1/2
15th 10 Figlia Pura(JPN) F3 55 01:35.0 1 3/4
16th 6 Ho O Catherine(JPN) F3 55 01:35.0 NK
17th 3 Noble Score(JPN) F3 55 01:35.1 3/4
18th 5 Regard Calme(JPN) F3 55 01:35.5 2 1/2

-- JRA review
''Oka Sho Race Record Renewed Again With Gran Alegria's Overwhelming Victory''
http://japanracing.jp/_news2019/190407.html
tachyon
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:26 pm

What a race!!
The champ denied his rivals' every challenges throughout the race.

Japan's legendary jumper Oju Chosan(JPN), 2011H. Stay Gold(JPN) x Shadow Silhouette(JPN) by Symboli Kris S(USA), made another history as he won his fourth consecutive Nakayama Grand Jump extending his J-G1 winning streak to six.

https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001141176/

Image
Image
Image
Image

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnFroOUN0GU

-- JRA review
''Oju Chosan Sets New Record Landing Fourth Consecutive Nakayama Grand Jump Title''
http://japanracing.jp/_news2019/pdf/190413-02.pdf
Post Reply