horses with unique coloring/facial markings

User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3228
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 am

Another from Country Life/Merryland, the photos are copyrighted so I will just share the link to see it.

2014 filly by Dominus - Danzing Celtic
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 230&type=3
sweettalk
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Flanders wrote:Another from Country Life/Merryland, the photos are copyrighted so I will just share the link to see it.

2014 filly by Dominus - Danzing Celtic
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 230&type=3
she had a Lego man hand/arm on her face.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:57 am

sweettalk wrote:
Flanders wrote:Another from Country Life/Merryland, the photos are copyrighted so I will just share the link to see it.

2014 filly by Dominus - Danzing Celtic
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 230&type=3
she had a Lego man hand/arm on her face.
Since Mom has Celtic in her name- and that mark does look a bit Celtic- wondering if they will name her accordingly?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:37 am

Looks kind of like the old Pac-Man character, lol.

Image
User avatar
baitandswitch
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Maryland

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 pm

swale1984 wrote:I'm sure he is much lighter now (this was taken 4 years ago), but I'd never seen a grey/roan with a mane that color before. He got it honestly though...he was by Buddha and his distaff side is full of greys/roans as well.
So happy you shared him! Stunning! :o
Ketama
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:29 am

Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:45 pm

This colt by Naaqoos o/o Gallivant (Danehill) (3/25) at Ittlingen Stud (GER) was named Grand Coeur

Image
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Ketama wrote:This colt by Naaqoos o/o Gallivant (Danehill) (3/25) at Ittlingen Stud (GER) was named Grand Coeur

Image
For those that don't know- Coeur is the French word for heart.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10494
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Barbara calls her 'the most beautiful colorful Thoroughbred I've ever seen..' I agree.
https://twitter.com/DRFLivingston/statu ... 56/photo/1
Izvestia
Posts: 4048
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Barbara calls her 'the most beautiful colorful Thoroughbred I've ever seen..' I agree.
https://twitter.com/DRFLivingston/statu ... 56/photo/1
Didn't BL say the same thing about Winter Memories too?
islandgirl45
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:25 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Barbara calls her 'the most beautiful colorful Thoroughbred I've ever seen..' I agree.
https://twitter.com/DRFLivingston/statu ... 56/photo/1
Wow! What stunning coloring. Do any from the Airdrie Apache line go on to race successfully?
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
User avatar
baitandswitch
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Maryland

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:55 am

islandgirl45 wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Barbara calls her 'the most beautiful colorful Thoroughbred I've ever seen..' I agree.
https://twitter.com/DRFLivingston/statu ... 56/photo/1
Wow! What stunning coloring. Do any from the Airdrie Apache line go on to race successfully?
Not really. They tend to not live normal life expectancies either.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:58 pm

baitandswitch wrote:
islandgirl45 wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Barbara calls her 'the most beautiful colorful Thoroughbred I've ever seen..' I agree.
https://twitter.com/DRFLivingston/statu ... 56/photo/1
Wow! What stunning coloring. Do any from the Airdrie Apache line go on to race successfully?
Not really. They tend to not live normal life expectancies either.
Take this with a grain of salt, but in looking at his produce on PQ- very few of them have even made it to the races, with little success.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
second_glance
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 am

Photo essay by Livingston on the definitely unusual son of Bluegrass Cat o/o Princesspatseattle by Airdrie Apache

http://www.drf.com/blogs/winter-white
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:19 am

second_glance wrote:Photo essay by Livingston on the definitely unusual son of Bluegrass Cat o/o Princesspatseattle by Airdrie Apache

http://www.drf.com/blogs/winter-white
A medicine hat to boot- which is considered good luck by Native Americans. Lovely pics as always.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4764
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Lovely story and photos; and the colt's owner sounds infatuated.

He definitely reminds me of San Domingo, the Medicine Hat stallion that Marguerite Henry once wrote of.
RuffiantoRags
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:52 pm

serenassong wrote:
second_glance wrote:Photo essay by Livingston on the definitely unusual son of Bluegrass Cat o/o Princesspatseattle by Airdrie Apache

http://www.drf.com/blogs/winter-white
A medicine hat to boot- which is considered good luck by Native Americans. Lovely pics as always.[/quote

I work at the farm and he is such a standout in the field! He is a big colt too!
Kelly Kip
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 am

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:10 pm

baitandswitch wrote:
Not really. They tend to not live normal life expectancies either.
Proof?
Cigar
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:46 am

Thu May 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Can someone post a pic of Fantom's Fate, a Songandaprayer x Western Hemisphere colt. He sure was unique. Not sure why he died so young.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2662
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Thu May 01, 2014 7:58 pm

I think these pics are of him (they match the hip # from Keeneland) - but with a caveat that I only googled his name and searched images, so I can't be 100% certain... however reading a thread here makes it likely.

Forum thread (Pedigree Query forum): http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... 21&t=28973

Keeneland info: apps.keeneland.com/sales/sep10/pdfs/1950.pdf

I hope I did the pics right... *fingers crossed*
Attachments
IMG_4422.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg (41.53 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
IMG_4409.jpg
IMG_4409.jpg (129.53 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
IMG_4402.jpg
IMG_4402.jpg (117.96 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
Bold Carma
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Because I love sharing pictures of my kids, here are more rec] pictures of my colorful kid. I believe he's got even more white hairs now!

Image
Image
Image
Post Reply