Stallion News

CorridorZ75
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:45 am

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:05 pm

Considering how well Khozan is doing starting from scratch, he likely would have been quite popular. Such a shame.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:09 pm

The Delta Princess family has experienced a lot of bad luck, haven't they? RD died due to foaling complications, DP herself lived a good life but still died too soon, and now Prince.

Khozan's done well from very little, so hopefully the luck is on his and Royal Delta's daughter's side.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2363
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:53 pm

Well, that really freaking sucks. I was wondering yesterday where he was and if he was retired. Adena stands so few new stallions these days, and I think Delta Prince ticked a lot of boxes.
weeeeeeeee
User avatar
Miss Woodford
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:46 pm

The 2019 report of mares bred for Turkish stallions was just released. http://medya.tjk.org/raporftp/asimkitab ... bi2019.pdf
Some notables - note that the TJK limits their stallions' books, especially their older stallions, more than most American/Japanese farms do:
Cuvee - 39
El Corredor - 22
Three Valleys - 53
Bushranger - 90
Corinthian - 44
Mendip - 113
Native Khan - 83
Pleasantly Perfect - 10 (fertility problems, only got 5 in foal)
General Quarters - 94
Victory Gallop - 91
Lion Heart - 102
Paco Boy - 73
Papa Clem - 79
Powerscourt - 39
Sidneys Candy - 111
Torok - 102
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Rainbow Heir is no longer on Ocala Stud's website.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
Pferd
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:14 pm

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:13 pm
Flanders wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:04 pm
Mylute wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:23 pm
I see that Bay of Plenty is listed as a padrillo on El Turf, but no stud farm listed. Anyone know where he's standing? Most of El Turf requires an account to view. Is it free?
Its free but prepare for your inbox to be sent tons of crap emails everyday not just from them. I blocked their emails after I signed up, unless its changed since then. I can't access it anymore.

Not having a great deal of luck but what I've found seems to point to Peru. The one webpage won't load for me, it keeps giving errors but it looks like he might a 2018 foal out of Yes Flanders Yes or maybe he covered her in 2018 for a 2019 foal. But she is Peruvian bred.
2018081300224, 2018, S.N.2018-224, BAY OF PLENTY (USA), YES FLANDERS YES, FLANDERS FIELDS (USA). (if anyone knows what any of this means, its from studbookperu.com but the webpage will not load.
Oh boy! Time to make a burner email just for El Turf.
Bay Of Plenty is in Peru at Alydar Farm since 2017
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6069
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Eclipse winner Hawkbill to stand at Darley in Japan
Hawkbill, winner of the G1 Eclipse as a three-year-old and the runaway winner of last year’s G1 Dubai Sheema Classic, will stand at Darley in Japan for the 2020 breeding season.
More: https://www.darley.co.jp/news/eclipse-w ... rley-japan
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10525
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:44 pm

Is Hawkbill the first son of Kitten's Joy to stand in Japan? I feel like I'm forgetting someone. :oops:
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10525
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:49 pm

Ten Sovereigns Retired to Join the Coolmore Roster
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ore-roster

I'd say 'that was fast,' but it seems like retiring a colt as soon as he acquires one G1 win is the new normal. :roll:
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2363
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:30 pm
Eclipse winner Hawkbill to stand at Darley in Japan
Hawkbill, winner of the G1 Eclipse as a three-year-old and the runaway winner of last year’s G1 Dubai Sheema Classic, will stand at Darley in Japan for the 2020 breeding season.
More: https://www.darley.co.jp/news/eclipse-w ... rley-japan
Honestly, I was shocked when they didn't send him straight there when he retired.

Re. Ten Sovereigns. His end of season target was the Everest, but connections said that either way, he would have a similar campaign to US Navy Flag and run in some other Aussie sprints after the Everest, regardless of how he placed. But he was a disaster in the Everest, and I wonder if he was injured.

Coolmore are sporting enough with their middle distance colts (and fillies!) and race their better ones at 4 and even 5, but they are oh so boring with their milers and sprinters. A couple months ago, Aidan O'Brien said in an interview that as "The Lads" get older, they've already accomplished so much (in races won and in revenue) that they just want to watch and enjoy their best horses race on. Not sure I buy that for even a hot second.
weeeeeeeee
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Hawkbill is indeed the first son of Kitten's Joy in Japan.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6069
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:23 pm

Multiple Graded Stakes winner Enticed to stand at Darley in America
Enticed, a multiple Graded Stakes-winning son of Medaglia d’Oro out of triple G1 winner It’s Tricky, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2020 breeding season at Darley’s Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Kentucky, at a fee of $10,000, stands and nurses.
https://www.darleyamerica.com/news/mult ... ey-america
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:37 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:23 pm
Multiple Graded Stakes winner Enticed to stand at Darley in America
Enticed, a multiple Graded Stakes-winning son of Medaglia d’Oro out of triple G1 winner It’s Tricky, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2020 breeding season at Darley’s Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Kentucky, at a fee of $10,000, stands and nurses.
https://www.darleyamerica.com/news/mult ... ey-america
I'm sure there will be many flocking to him.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
AKTA44
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Tasmania

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Summer Bird (Birdstone) sired his first millionaire with Meisho Eiko. Meisho Eiko was from Summer Bird's third and final crop.

This son of late Summer Bird won his first stakes win by winning Misasgi Stakes at Kyoto on the 27th October.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2695
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:46 pm
The 2019 report of mares bred for Turkish stallions was just released. http://medya.tjk.org/raporftp/asimkitab ... bi2019.pdf
Some notables - note that the TJK limits their stallions' books, especially their older stallions, more than most American/Japanese farms do:
Cuvee - 39
El Corredor - 22
Three Valleys - 53
Bushranger - 90
Corinthian - 44
Mendip - 113
Native Khan - 83
Pleasantly Perfect - 10 (fertility problems, only got 5 in foal)
General Quarters - 94
Victory Gallop - 91
Lion Heart - 102
Paco Boy - 73
Papa Clem - 79
Powerscourt - 39
Sidneys Candy - 111
Torok - 102
They have some very nice stallions there, some of my old favorite racers. 8-) Pleasantly Perfect has to be getting up there in years now, yeah...?
User avatar
Miss Woodford
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 pm
They have some very nice stallions there, some of my old favorite racers. 8-) Pleasantly Perfect has to be getting up there in years now, yeah...?
He's 21 now, so he is an older boy.

Speaking of Turkey, Celikoglu Farm purchased the country's first Scat Daddy son, Tu Brutus (CHI), to stand there in 2020.
http://www.yarisdergisi.com/scat-daddy- ... e-yolunda/
Tu Brutus's first offspring are weanlings of 2019. It's interesting that Crestwood Farm is cutting him so early in his career.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4511
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 pm
lurkey mclurker wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 pm
They have some very nice stallions there, some of my old favorite racers. 8-) Pleasantly Perfect has to be getting up there in years now, yeah...?
He's 21 now, so he is an older boy.

Speaking of Turkey, Celikoglu Farm purchased the country's first Scat Daddy son, Tu Brutus (CHI), to stand there in 2020.
http://www.yarisdergisi.com/scat-daddy- ... e-yolunda/
Tu Brutus's first offspring are weanlings of 2019. It's interesting that Crestwood Farm is cutting him so early in his career.

Crestwood probably didn't own him. They tend to stand stallions for their owners.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3261
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:31 am

Northport wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:06 pm
Coolmore are sporting enough with their middle distance colts (and fillies!) and race their better ones at 4 and even 5, but they are oh so boring with their milers and sprinters. A couple months ago, Aidan O'Brien said in an interview that as "The Lads" get older, they've already accomplished so much (in races won and in revenue) that they just want to watch and enjoy their best horses race on. Not sure I buy that for even a hot second.
Well the middle distance colts don't bring big stud fees.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:15 pm

More Than Ready is the grandpappy of both Four Wheel Drive and Structor.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3833
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Moved from Kentucky to Pennsylvania this year, Flashback is your sire for the 2019 Juvenile Fillies.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
Post Reply