Jacobson sets NYRA win record

Sound of Freedom

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:10 pm

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ins-record

Congratulations to Rick Dutrow, I mean David Jacobson, on his accomplishment. Same guy who NYRA had to put under investigation earlier in the year. Clearly the guy is just a much better horseman than all the trainers he claims off. No other explanation.

Guess his 25 years away taught him something, or perhaps his convicted murderer father passed along his equine knowledge along with the traits of fairness and honesty.

His father was innocent too. Murdered nobody, but was set up according to the new NYRA record holder.

Tour of the Cat would be proud.

http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/horses/ ... t-556.html
Last edited by Sound of Freedom on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somnambulist

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:Congratulations to Rick Dutrow, I mean David Jacobson, on his accomplishment. Same guy who NYRA had to put under investigation earlier in the year. Clearly the guy is just a much better horseman than all the trainers he claims off. No other explanation.
Giggles.
Sound of Freedom

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Sound of Freedom wrote:Congratulations to Rick Dutrow, I mean David Jacobson, on his accomplishment. Same guy who NYRA had to put under investigation earlier in the year. Clearly the guy is just a much better horseman than all the trainers he claims off. No other explanation.
Giggles.
Almost as funny as his dad's quote

''I don't even like horses,'' he once said. ''If they put on kangaroo racing, I'd claim some kangaroos.''
Izvestia

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Obviously something is going on. He does some strange things with the horses he claims... claims them for higher prices ($40-62,500), they usually have back class, they run ok, then steadily drop, nobody EVER claims off him, and then they show up for bottoms at Suffolk. OR, he claims them and bumps them up, then they strangely drop and show up for bottoms.
He really improves his horses for a short period of time, then they steadily decline.
Horses go off form, or cycle, or whatever, but you'd have to be naive to think something isn't going on.
He's not something to be celebrated.
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:27 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:
Giggles.
Almost as funny as his dad's quote

''I don't even like horses,'' he once said. ''If they put on kangaroo racing, I'd claim some kangaroos.''
I seem to recall reading something similar about King Leatherbury, that he actually was afraid of horses and never bothered to come down to the winners circle due to that fear.
horsefan

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ins-record

Congratulations to Rick Dutrow, I mean David Jacobson, on his accomplishment. Same guy who NYRA had to put under investigation earlier in the year. Clearly the guy is just a much better horseman than all the trainers he claims off. No other explanation.

Guess his 25 years away taught him something, or perhaps his convicted murderer father passed along his equine knowledge along with the traits of fairness and honesty.

His father was innocent too. Murdered nobody, but was set up according to the new NYRA record holder.

Tour of the Cat would be proud.

http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/horses/ ... t-556.html
I've heard plenty of folks call him Juicing Jacobson. Since the surveillance cameras are out of the Rudy Rodriguez's barn, he's been on fire too. It seems that since NYRA got rid of Dutrow, they think that everything's fixed when it doesn't even scratch the surface.
Sound of Freedom

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:19 pm

RIP Uncle Smokey. Broke down today at Aqueduct. Jacobson ran him back on 4 days rest. What a horseman. DISGRACEFUL.
peeptoad

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Sound of Freedom wrote:RIP Uncle Smokey. Broke down today at Aqueduct. Jacobson ran him back on 4 days rest. What a horseman. DISGRACEFUL.
Watched this race earlier and was wondering about that horse. Sorry to hear he didn't make it. :(
Sound of Freedom

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:32 pm

peeptoad wrote:
Sound of Freedom wrote:RIP Uncle Smokey. Broke down today at Aqueduct. Jacobson ran him back on 4 days rest. What a horseman. DISGRACEFUL.
Watched this race earlier and was wondering about that horse. Sorry to hear he didn't make it. :(
Hey Jacobson and owners made their $20-30k in profit off the horse in 2-3 months since claim. Who cares if the ran 3x in last 2 weeks and was running back off 4 days rest. Not like the horse had previously sat out a year because he had issues or anything. Guy is the King of NYRA. Maybe NYRA will paint a mural of jacobson. Why not another $250k NYRA mural?