Go West Young Man

Post Reply
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Conversation on morning radio today.....
Any speculation on east coast connections shipping to Del Mar for stakes races this year?

For example, Chad Brown who was overruled by the 7 person committee and had his horse scratched after shipping to SA for BreedersCup, will he be back for more or just say good riddance?

p.s. When a horse ships in specifically for a stakes race, and gets scratched in spite of the trainers objections, is there any refund for shipping expense/entry fees?

thanks, just curious.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:45 pm

The first thing I thought of was Mary Lou Tuck and a really nice gray horse. Paid boxcars winning the DMR Futurity. Carry on......
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Curtis wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:45 pm
The first thing I thought of was Mary Lou Tuck and a really nice gray horse. Paid boxcars winning the DMR Futurity. Carry on......
Maiden breaker in the G2 event, without any doubt her best horse ever.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:23 pm

stark wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:07 pm
Curtis wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:45 pm
The first thing I thought of was Mary Lou Tuck and a really nice gray horse. Paid boxcars winning the DMR Futurity. Carry on......
Maiden breaker in the G2 event, without any doubt her best horse ever.
Could be misremembering but I think Christina Blacker’s Pop was up for the maiden breaker. Extra points if you can remember who the program trainer was that day.
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:56 pm

Curtis wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:23 pm
Could be misremembering but I think Christina Blacker’s Pop was up for the maiden breaker. Extra points if you can remember who the program trainer was that day.
What do I win if I guess Loren Rettele?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:57 pm

stark wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:56 pm
Curtis wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:23 pm
Could be misremembering but I think Christina Blacker’s Pop was up for the maiden breaker. Extra points if you can remember who the program trainer was that day.
What do I win if I guess Loren Rettele?
Go West Young Man’s complete and unedited vet records.
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:09 pm

On a somewhat related note to racing at Del Mar.....

@DelMarRacing just announced that racing for next Thursday (11/21/19) has been cancelled due to 'impending rain forecast.'
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 pm

stark wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:09 pm
On a somewhat related note to racing at Del Mar.....

@DelMarRacing just announced that racing for next Thursday (11/21/19) has been cancelled due to 'impending rain forecast.'
I’m glad I came down for this weekend instead as myself and 500 patrons were rattling around in the place Bing built yesterday. There’s a big photo of Go West Young Man on the wall of the Longshot Lounge.
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Curtis wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 pm
stark wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:09 pm
On a somewhat related note to racing at Del Mar.....

@DelMarRacing just announced that racing for next Thursday (11/21/19) has been cancelled due to 'impending rain forecast.'
I’m glad I came down for this weekend instead as myself and 500 patrons were rattling around in the place Bing built yesterday. There’s a big photo of Go West Young Man on the wall of the Longshot Lounge.
I had a dream that Saratoga was going to have a November meeting, I've always wanted to visit there.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Attention all horsemen east of the Rocky Mountains.
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to find a weatherman that you trust, before boarding the aeroplane.
For the sake of simplicity we have eliminated some terminology previously found in charts/pp's such as Bog and Sealed wet-fast from So-Cal racing, ain't never gonna happen.
In addition to the team of vets you may have heard about during Breeders Cup that told you they know more about your horse in 3 minutes than you do, we're adding a Chiropractor and a Psychologist, both with vet experience, just to be certain your horse is in the best frame of mind for competition.
And finally, welcome to California where we just say no to casino inflated purses!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Instead of spending a bajillion dollars on more sand or another iteration of a synthetic track, why doesn’t Team Stronach look into a retractable dome?
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Curtis wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 pm
Instead of spending a bajillion dollars on more sand or another iteration of a synthetic track, why doesn’t Team Stronach look into a retractable dome?
All kidding aside, I remember when alternative sites were being discussed (60--70--80's?) and one of them was the Sepulveda basin area in Van Nuys, and when the heat factor was mentioned as a deterrent, a dome was offered as a solution!

https://arizonbuildingsystems.com/?utm_ ... adModifier
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:04 pm

A severe storm forecast to hit the San Diego area the middle part of the upcoming holiday week has caused Del Mar to cancel its Thanksgiving Day card Thursday, and move stakes races scheduled for that day and Friday to 48 hours later, the track announced Sunday morning.

The Grade 3 Red Carpet Handicap, which was drawn Saturday and was part of the original Thursday card, will be brought back on Saturday and will be re-drawn with all the Saturday races on Wednesday. The Saturday card is highlighted by the Grade 1 Hollywood Derby.

The Grade 2 Hollywood Turf Cup, originally scheduled for Friday, will now be run on Sunday as part of a closing-day card that includes the Grade 1 Matriarch Stakes.

Both the Saturday and Sunday cards will be expanded to 10 races, and will begin at noon Pacific.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
thinair
Posts: 1766
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Thanksgiving is a foolish day to run anyway, especially for CA, as they will get very limited simulcast dollars given the time change.

We have a great card scheduled for Thanksgiving at Aqueduct, but it won't likely do close to the business it could on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
stark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:39 pm

thinair wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:35 pm
Thanksgiving is a foolish day to run anyway, especially for CA, as they will get very limited simulcast dollars given the time change.

We have a great card scheduled for Thanksgiving at Aqueduct, but it won't likely do close to the business it could on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
Too bad, millions of dollars burning holes in pockets.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Post Reply