Santa Anita Autumn Meet

BaroqueAgain1

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:36 pm

I would guess that the choice of which race will be made within the next week, so that OB's training can be tailored for that goal.
Somnambulist

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:42 pm

That's fair. I guess my point is that these seem pretty all over the place. I wonder what they chose. The Sprint is brimming with talent, God-willing. I wouldn't say the Classic is, but 10f second back isn't easy. He's up against it regardless.

It's a shame he has to to go make more babies that the t-bred industry doesn't know what to do with. I'd love to seem him next year.
CorridorZ75

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Just saw the article where Steve Knapp was fined for Emtech's blood coming back with an excessive amount of Bute in his last race at Del Mar. Surely, there is a faster way of getting these blood test results back, and if there is a positive on the first sample maybe the horse should not be allowed to race again before the split sample either confirms or resolves it. Not sure it would have saved him, but it certainly is not a good look in the current climate.
Curtis

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:48 am

CorridorZ75 wrote:
Just saw the article where Steve Knapp was fined for Emtech's blood coming back with an excessive amount of Bute in his last race at Del Mar. Surely, there is a faster way of getting these blood test results back, and if there is a positive on the first sample maybe the horse should not be allowed to race again before the split sample either confirms or resolves it. Not sure it would have saved him, but it certainly is not a good look in the current climate.
How excessive?
Flanders

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Curtis wrote:
CorridorZ75 wrote:
How excessive?
It was 430 nanograms. I don't think 430 nanograms is going to mask anything. Until the Santa Anita breakdowns the testing threshold was 2000 nanograms.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the- ... rts-later/
Curtis

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:23 pm

Flanders wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:14 pm
Curtis wrote:
CorridorZ75 wrote:
How excessive?
It was 430 nanograms. I don't think 430 nanograms is going to mask anything. Until the Santa Anita breakdowns the testing threshold was 2000 nanograms.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the- ... rts-later/
Yeah, I finally came across that on the Blood Horse site. I was on track for that August 25th race and didn’t see anything extraordinary one way or the other in the warm up. The horse had some issues, most of them do, it is unfortunate. You can’t account for every contingency.