The Runhappy

tachyon
Posts: 3930
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Yay for the son of Eskendereya!
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3700
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:18 pm

That's two Met Mile winners for exported sire Eskendereya.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3700
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Awesome job by Mitole, and great runs for McKinzie and Thunder Snow, who had nowhere to go for the majority of the race.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
MR-W
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:29 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:53 pm
Bet Mike Smith would like a do-over of that ride.
Yep. He let McKinzie linger at the back of the pack and never got him running room early in the race. It cost him...
barbaro111
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 pm

I have a question--first let me say I love Run Happy--what isn't to love??
However, would somebody tell me why, on TVG, this is the only horse that is being constantly advertised
(Dont know what other word to use) for stud--honestly it is getting on my nerves---I dont get it- every time there
Is a pause in the racing action, there's Run Happy No other horses are being touted for stud--
stark
Posts: 5361
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 pm

barbaro111 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 pm
I have a question--first let me say I love Run Happy--what isn't to love??
However, would somebody tell me why, on TVG, this is the only horse that is being constantly advertised
(Dont know what other word to use) for stud--honestly it is getting on my nerves---I dont get it- every time there
Is a pause in the racing action, there's Run Happy No other horses are being touted for stud--
Aren't they paid advertisements?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10499
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:54 pm

It's not just TVG. The Saratoga racing coverage on Fox was loaded with Runhappy ads and his name was emblazoned (digitally) all over the racetrack.
Mattress Mack has taken 'supporting my stallion' to a whole new level. :shock: :roll:
Somnambulist

Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:54 pm
It's not just TVG. The Saratoga racing coverage on Fox was loaded with Runhappy ads and his name was emblazoned (digitally) all over the racetrack.
Mattress Mack has taken 'supporting my stallion' to a whole new level. :shock: :roll:
I guess I don't see the problem. At least someone wants to pay for advertising for this sport.
Horsebagger
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:54 pm
It's not just TVG. The Saratoga racing coverage on Fox was loaded with Runhappy ads and his name was emblazoned (digitally) all over the racetrack.
Mattress Mack has taken 'supporting my stallion' to a whole new level. :shock: :roll:
I guess I don't see the problem. At least someone wants to pay for advertising for this sport.
There isn't a problem, except for a handful of people who are getting annoyed. Godolphin and Coolmore spend millions at auctions supporting their new stallions, McMattress is trying a different tact. I'm just not sure how many breeders are making stallion decisions based on television commercials.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10499
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:54 pm

I wasn't trying to imply Runhappy's ubiquitous presence is a 'problem.' Of course any advertising/promotional dollars for horse racing coverage are welcome but, as HB points out, how productive are those ads? Do they actually bring in customers for the stallion? :?
At least they're showing more attractive yearlings than the first versions of the commercials did, which had a couple of baby-bellied, winter-coated youngsters that were, as we say, still at the awkward stage. :P :lol:
stark
Posts: 5361
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:53 pm

I wasn't listening real close, but it sounded like Mac is going reward those who have maiden breakers at Del Mar and Saratoga next year, how does $100,000 on top of the purse money sound?

My guess is it'll get some people plottin and plannin for the bonus!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Post Reply