2019 Belmont Stakes

Treve

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:07 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:16 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, although I tend to be App-phobic. :P ;)
You don’t even need the app you can stream it directly from the NYRA website if you sign up for a free account, I think it will black out when the NBC coverage starts but aside from that it’s my go to for New York racing
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Starine

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 pm

TouchOfGrey wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm
Would you be able to download the NYRA Now app? You can watch the track feed there.
Perfect; thanks for suggesting it. 8-)
stark

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 pm

According to Andy (and who am I to argue)
he says it'll be Tacitus all alone at the wire, a ways back to runner up Spinoff to complete the exacta, then War Of Will for the trifecta and finally Tax to round out the superfecta.

Be first in line at the cashiers window!
MySaladDays

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 am

Starine wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 pm
I might go with Intrepid Heart for the upset. You won't find a better pedigree for the Belmont and, as much flack as I give Pletcher for his record in the Derby, he has a very good tally in this race. I think his running style also fits well here.
Not trying to talk you off a horse, as this race is wide open. But breeding has to jive with track performance. Intrepid has only had 3 races, and in the Peter Pan he only carried a mere 116 pounds, was running at less distance but was weaving and leg weary from what I could see.

I would not want to bet a horse like this to carry 126 pounds (esp. against horses who are used to carrying more weight) at a longer distance than the Peter Pan. I think the lightly raced situaiton also speak to foundation.......which for the Belmont is EVERYTHING.

I guess anything can happen though, this race is wide open, and PPs are next to useless because they don't tell you what horse will "peak" on this track at this distance.
Mylute

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:49 am

I like the way Sir Winston was flying at the end of the Peter Pan. The Belmont doesn't really play well to closers I know but I liked his energy and drive and I doubt they'll try to close with him tomorrow.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Tessablue

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:27 am

I think Tacitus stands out here, but I like Intrepid Heart and Sir Winston a bit. Intrepid Heart had that weird start in the Peter Pan that may have thrown him off his game, but he kept grinding along in the stretch and that's a pretty good thing for the Belmont. Sir Winston can't be as far back as he likes to be here, but I liked how he really dug in during the stretch of the Peter Pan, and like Intrepid Heart he has an absolutely magnificent pedigree for this race. Full disclosure, I am a horrific Belmont handicapper.

War of Will has to be respected, but he reminds me a bit of Oxbow and Shackelford in that I'm not sure he'll quite have the punch he needs in that final quarter. I would love it if he won though. Imagine the drama!
Charlie

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Tessablue wrote:
I think Tacitus stands out here, but I like Intrepid Heart and Sir Winston a bit. Intrepid Heart had that weird start in the Peter Pan that may have thrown him off his game, but he kept grinding along in the stretch and that's a pretty good thing for the Belmont. Sir Winston can't be as far back as he likes to be here, but I liked how he really dug in during the stretch of the Peter Pan, and like Intrepid Heart he has an absolutely magnificent pedigree for this race. Full disclosure, I am a horrific Belmont handicapper.

War of Will has to be respected, but he reminds me a bit of Oxbow and Shackelford in that I'm not sure he'll quite have the punch he needs in that final quarter. I would love it if he won though. Imagine the drama!
Duuude haha the drama.

But I also want WoW to win because he is one of my favorite 3 yr olds. I do agree that 12 f may be out of his wheelhouse.
Starine

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:33 pm

MySaladDays wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 am
Not trying to talk you off a horse, as this race is wide open. But breeding has to jive with track performance. Intrepid has only had 3 races, and in the Peter Pan he only carried a mere 116 pounds, was running at less distance but was weaving and leg weary from what I could see.

I would not want to bet a horse like this to carry 126 pounds (esp. against horses who are used to carrying more weight) at a longer distance than the Peter Pan. I think the lightly raced situaiton also speak to foundation.......which for the Belmont is EVERYTHING.

I guess anything can happen though, this race is wide open, and PPs are next to useless because they don't tell you what horse will "peak" on this track at this distance.
Well, I picked him; that certainly is the kiss of death!

Anyway, as a fan, I'd rather see War of Will win.
Sparrow Castle

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 am

Uh oh. Worth watching, Tacitus fans. The post position is correct but the date says 2018 so not sure.

Amy Zimmerman @NeverSettleTV
11m11 minutes ago
If your kid had so much upper respiratory mucus they required an IV expectorant 36 hours before a big track meet, how do you think they’d perform? ⁦⁩Public records from the ⁦⁦⁦@BelmontStakes⁩ ⁦@WatchXBTV⁩
Sparrow Castle

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:36 am

Here's all the vet records:
https://www.gaming.ny.gov/pdf/Belmont3i ... 163219.pdf

And for the day, plus last two days' vet records:
https://www.gaming.ny.gov/newsroom.php
MySaladDays

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:28 am

Tessablue wrote:
I like Intrepid Heart and Sir Winston a bit. Intrepid Heart had that weird start in the Peter Pan that may have thrown him off his game, but he kept grinding along in the stretch and that's a pretty good thing for the Belmont. Sir Winston can't be as far back as he likes to be here, but I liked how he really dug in during the stretch of the Peter Pan, and like Intrepid Heart he has an absolutely magnificent pedigree for this race. Full disclosure, I am a horrific Belmont handicapper.

PRobably true that that bumped start threw IH off his game. He's pretty green though. I like Sir a little better, but to be honest, I find that race a bit suspect, it was a pretty short field. I am also not a great Belmont capper.
I would like to see WoW win but I don't think he or Tacitus will. Tacitus before the DQ of Max ran 4th in the Derby. He's never even won a G1 has he?
MySaladDays

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:46 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 am
Uh oh. Worth watching, Tacitus fans. The post position is correct but the date says 2018 so not sure.

Amy Zimmerman @NeverSettleTV
11m11 minutes ago
If your kid had so much upper respiratory mucus they required an IV expectorant 36 hours before a big track meet, how do you think they’d perform? ⁦⁩Public records from the ⁦⁦⁦@BelmontStakes⁩ ⁦@WatchXBTV⁩
As long as they don't have heaves, RAO, coughing, and exercise intolerance, it's not a problem. Something like 65% of every racehorse has mucus because of all the dust, hay dust, and airborne particulates from dirt on the track, bedding in the barn, etc.

this isn't even a little problem and it's common, unless there's infection or the aforementioned problems.
Squeaky

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:44 am

Does anyone have the full vet records of all of the Belmont horses?
Squeaky

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:11 am

Ok I found them on the N.Y. State Gaming Commission website. War of Will treated with the usual meds but also something that started with a T for history of EIPH? Theodur? ( theophylline??) Could not read vet’s handwriting.
Mylute

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:55 am

As a fan I would like to see War of Will or Master Fencer win.

But I think I'm gonna go with Sir Winston.

Should we start a watchalong thread or just call this one the watchalong?
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
stark

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Upon further review....
tachyon

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:28 pm

-- Win odds in JRA pool now

Tacitus even
WoW 5/1
Intrepid heart 5/1
Master Fencer 11/2
Treve

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Love it when they sing New York, New York
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
middleground

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:33 pm

There's almost no speed in this race, so I'm trying to convince myself that Joevia can pull off a Da Tara. :lol: