Derby Broadcast Schedule

Life At Zen

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:20 am

Hey all, I need to add whatever channel to my list that will be broadcasting the Derby on Saturday in Canada. I checked TSN's schedule and none of them have it listed (1-5). I'd like pre-show coverage too.

Thanks!
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:40 pm

I know that regular broadcast NBC will have Derby day coverage from 11:30 AM to 4 PM Pacific.
Apollo

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:40 pm
I know that regular broadcast NBC will have Derby day coverage from 11:30 AM to 4 PM Pacific.
Coverage is actually listed to end at 15 minutes after the hour. It's about time they made that adjustment. For years I've had to add an extra 15 minutes or half hour onto my tape, otherwise there is no way to catch all of the post race coverage.

NBCSN used to have a Derby recap program for a half hour but it looks like that is gone due to hockey and soccer coverage. NBCSN will have a program from noon to 2:30 Eastern preceding the NBC coverage, along with 12:00-3:00 and 5:00-6:30 a day earlier for the Oaks. The early Oaks day coverage is pretty good because it's actually several hours devoted to the Derby itself.
With Anticipation

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:56 pm

NBC SPORTS COVERS EVERY ANGLE OF THE 145TH KENTUCKY DERBY WITH 5-HOUR SHOW

STAMFORD, Conn. – April 29, 2019 – The Road to the Triple Crown begins this week, highlighted by NBC’s live five-hour Kentucky Derby Day telecast this Saturday, May 4 at 2:30 p.m. ET. NBC Sports kicks off more than 18 hours of Kentucky Derby Week action this Thursday, May 2 with live coverage beginning at 4 p.m. ET on NBCSN, followed by live Kentucky Oaks coverage Friday at Noon ET and 5 p.m. ET. Saturday’s live Derby coverage begins at Noon ET on NBCSN.

COMMENTATORS: NBC Sports Group’s coverage of the Kentucky Derby features host Mike Tirico and co-host Rebecca Lowe; analysts Randy Moss and Jerry Bailey, the Hall of Fame jockey and two-time Kentucky Derby winner; handicappers/reporters Eddie Olczyk and Britney Eurton; reporters Donna Brothers (also on horseback), Kenny Rice, Nick Luck, Laffit Pincay III, and Ahmed Fareed, who makes his Kentucky Derby debut and also hosts NBCSN’s earlier coverage; and race caller Larry Collmus. NBC News weather anchor and correspondent Dylan Dreyer reprises her role as fashion and lifestyle correspondent; and NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR features reporter Rutledge Wood returns to offer some unique storytelling.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2019/ ... et-on-nbc/
Senator L

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
Hey all, I need to add whatever channel to my list that will be broadcasting the Derby on Saturday in Canada. I checked TSN's schedule and none of them have it listed (1-5). I'd like pre-show coverage too.

Thanks!
You have to pay for it in Canada and even then I don't even know if they offer it.
Get a hdmi cable and hook your computer up. here is a link for free sports

https://www.reddit.com/r/horseracing/
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Life At Zen

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Senator L wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:57 pm
Life At Zen wrote:

Thanks!
You have to pay for it in Canada and even then I don't even know if they offer it.
Get a hdmi cable and hook your computer up. here is a link for free sports

https://www.reddit.com/r/horseracing/
TSN2 used to carry the preshow coverage and then it would switch to NBC for the Derby. But this year I’m not seeing it on TSN’s schedule.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch