Streaming Video of Races

Blame

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Why is it only Keeneland and Gulfstream stream their races without requiring people to register or jump through hoops to see races. There is ZERO reason why tracks in NY and KY and many other states need to make it so difficult for new fans or gamblers to watch live races. Do the idiots at Churchill Downs and NYRA think they are getting anything out of making people register to watch races. It is an absolute joke. EVERY racetrack should stream their races with a simple click live racing button. No wonder most people at racetracks and most gamblers today look like they are collecting social security. Outside of a couple weeks of racing per year the sport is essentially a joke.

Keeneland A+ (for HD)
Gulfstream A

Everyone else F
stark

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:12 pm

Doesn't your ADW provide video?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Northport

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:48 pm

... NYRA is incredibly easy to watch live. Free account and boom, access to HD livestream. Not sure if one free hoop is too many?
weeeeeeeee
Blame

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm

stark wrote:
Yes. They both do. I am not the issue. I have a friend who is new to sport and asked where he could watch the big races this weekend online. He said only Keeneland allowed him to just click a watch live button. Exactly what is the point of Santa Anita and Aqueduct making people just through hoops to watch . It is beyond ridiculous. You don't gain new fans and gamblers by making their lives more difficult to watch races. Keeneland gets it. The geniuses in NY and CA do not.

Blue Grass. Click and Watch. Easy.

Wood Memorial. NOPE
Santa Anita Derby. NOPE.
stark

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:19 pm

Show her how to open a TVG account with $5, case solved.
She can even watch multiple races at the same time!!!!
And she doesn't even need to place a bet, her $5 will just be there til whenever.
stark

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Katewerk

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:21 am

I don't know who Chris is, but I know that those of you bickering with him/her can easily be considered equal opportunity offenders when it comes to filling these pages with off topic crap. Is there not a sub-forum here where you can take it so the rest of us can safely ignore you?
Kurenai
Site Admin

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Thank you Stark and Katewerk!

If you don't like a poster, just simply IGNORE him/her. There's even a feature for that, instead of derailing other topics. Note: I'm not taking any sides here. It's just that general it's a big pita to delete every single off topic comment in a thread like this. And if you think Chris is a troll, you just empower him with responding to him.

If you want you can open up a thread in Horsin Around and discuss why what he said is wrong/stupid etc. But keep the racing forums free of it, because people want to read... well about racing.

And Chris / Blame: you stop with the stuff that isn't strictly horse racing related. Nobody cares about studies etc in humans.

And to all of you, I have a funny bit of Bill Burr to watch (warning: strong language): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcrv_bfH0Xk This whole discussion reminded me about it. Now please return to racing and horses a sport we all love.
stark

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Kurenai wrote:

If you don't like a poster, just simply IGNORE him/her. There's even a feature for that, instead of derailing other topics. Note: I'm not taking any sides here. It's just that general it's a big pita to delete every single off topic comment in a thread like this. And if you think Chris is a troll, you just empower him with responding to him.

If you want you can open up a thread in Horsin Around and discuss why what he said is wrong/stupid etc. But keep the racing forums free of it, because people want to read... well about racing.

And Chris / Blame: you stop with the stuff that isn't strictly horse racing related. Nobody cares about studies etc in humans.

And to all of you, I have a funny bit of Bill Burr to watch (warning: strong language): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcrv_bfH0Xk This whole discussion reminded me about it. Now please return to racing and horses a sport we all love.
Well said Kurenai, that's why you make the big bucks here! ;)
Thanks.
Blame

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Kurenai wrote:

So you tell us all to stick to horse racing and then post in your last line something that is non-horse racing related. :lol:

I prefer to stick to horse racing.
Last edited by Kurenai on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: playing referee here
Kurenai
Site Admin

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:41 pm

I wanted to lighten the mood. ;) So yeah: it's simple rules here. You stick to horse racing only or I have to come down with the ban hammer once more. There's always Horsin Around for other topics.
Mylute

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Oh people chose to make a negative out of Kurenai's truthful post?

Color me stunned.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Somnambulist

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Mylute wrote:

Color me stunned.
You're under 20 right? Some of us have been posting here for close to your entire life. This forum is a wasteland compared to what it used to be and it is largely in part to unchecked trolls.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
pointgivenfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:13 pm
Mylute wrote:

Color me stunned.
You're under 20 right? Some of us have been posting here for close to your entire life. This forum is a wasteland compared to what it used to be and it is largely in part to unchecked trolls.
I didn't need this on a Monday.

Or any day, if I'm being honest.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
Somnambulist

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:39 pm

I have really enjoyed aging. I'm smarter and richer in so many things every year. My body has always hated me so the "wait til you get old thing" never meant much. We get to drink beers in the shower. I've never really cared what people think but now I really just don't care. I think my next car will have heated seats. It's finally fashionable to covered in blankets and reading at 7:30 on a Friday. It is good.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
pointgivenfan

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:19 am

Somnambulist wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:39 pm
I have really enjoyed aging. I'm smarter and richer in so many things every year. My body has always hated me so the "wait til you get old thing" never meant much. We get to drink beers in the shower. I've never really cared what people think but now I really just don't care. I think my next car will have heated seats. It's finally fashionable to covered in blankets and reading at 7:30 on a Friday. It is good.
I talk a lot of crap about getting older but at the end of the day I am right there with you, except for maybe that my body didn't start hating me until I split my kneecap into three pieces in 2017, but the rest of it? It's amazing what relative autonomy will do for a person.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
pointgivenfan

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:20 am

Blame wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm
stark wrote:
Yes. They both do. I am not the issue. I have a friend who is new to sport and asked where he could watch the big races this weekend online. He said only Keeneland allowed him to just click a watch live button. Exactly what is the point of Santa Anita and Aqueduct making people just through hoops to watch . It is beyond ridiculous. You don't gain new fans and gamblers by making their lives more difficult to watch races. Keeneland gets it. The geniuses in NY and CA do not.

Blue Grass. Click and Watch. Easy.

Wood Memorial. NOPE
Santa Anita Derby. NOPE.
Was NBC not streaming online? They seem to be doing this a lot more on their site and app.