Boycott of Bloodhorse and Stronach Tracks

thinair
Posts: 1732
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am

stark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am
thinair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 pm
Blame wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:41 pm
Firing someone for doing their job is ridiculous.
I'm in NO way condoning anyone's behavior in this situation, but he was not fired.
I think what you meant to say was "Nah nah nah-nah nahhh, I'm an industry insider and I know somethin you don't know, nah nah nah-nah nahhh"

Otherwise I'm not sure why you'd share something like that with the unwashed masses.
You couldn't help yourself. You had pretended to be a reasonable person since being exposed a little while ago, but eventually your nasty true self had to come out. Congratulations, you had a good six week run.
Somnambulist
Posts: 7732
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:33 am

Didn't Mr. Balan himself say that he resigned?

TA, the real issue here is that you quoted Stark. The ignore feature doesn't work on quotes so I kindly request that all people refrain from this. Thank you.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
thinair
Posts: 1732
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 am

Somnambulist wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:33 am
Didn't Mr. Balan himself say that he resigned?

TA, the real issue here is that you quoted Stark. The ignore feature doesn't work on quotes so I kindly request that all people refrain from this. Thank you.
Guilty as charged. I humbly apologize.
stark
Posts: 5115
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:04 pm

thinair wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am
stark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am
thinair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm in NO way condoning anyone's behavior in this situation, but he was not fired.
I think what you meant to say was "Nah nah nah-nah nahhh, I'm an industry insider and I know somethin you don't know, nah nah nah-nah nahhh"

Otherwise I'm not sure why you'd share something like that with the unwashed masses.
You couldn't help yourself. You had pretended to be a reasonable person since being exposed a little while ago, but eventually your nasty true self had to come out. Congratulations, you had a good six week run.
No harm intended, no need to overreact.
I just wasn't sure you realized how pompous you were sounding at a time when the bus was overflowing with sympathetic well wishers who were certain poor Jeremy had been wronged by the establishment.
As it is, I think you're the only insider to post your opinion, that he wasn't fired, no?
Maybe you can share the details of his agreed upon severance package too?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
katmandu
Posts: 1179
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 am

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:11 pm

stark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:04 pm
thinair wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am
stark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am


I think what you meant to say was "Nah nah nah-nah nahhh, I'm an industry insider and I know somethin you don't know, nah nah nah-nah nahhh"

Otherwise I'm not sure why you'd share something like that with the unwashed masses.
You couldn't help yourself. You had pretended to be a reasonable person since being exposed a little while ago, but eventually your nasty true self had to come out. Congratulations, you had a good six week run.
No harm intended, no need to overreact.
I just wasn't sure you realized how pompous you were sounding at a time when the bus was overflowing with sympathetic well wishers who were certain poor Jeremy had been wronged by the establishment.
As it is, I think you're the only insider to post your opinion, that he wasn't fired, no?
Maybe you can share the details of his agreed upon severance package too?
He doesn't sound pompous at all, what's the problem with facts? You sound like you have personal issues that he (unfortunately for him) and probably the anonymity of the net happens to bring out. It's your problem, look to yourself to solve it.
stark
Posts: 5115
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Oh CatMan, don't get so dramatic, it takes all fun out of watching thelittleguy's panties get all bunched up.

Let's keep to the facts in front of us. 117 individual posters shared their personal thoughts here about Jeremy in a unanimous fashion of support. And along comes one poster who says "he was not fired".

Sure would be nice to qualify that as an opinion or offer up some proof why the contrary comment is accurate.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
thinair
Posts: 1732
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:13 pm

stark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 pm
Oh CatMan, don't get so dramatic, it takes all fun out of watching thelittleguy's panties get all bunched up.

Let's keep to the facts in front of us. 117 individual posters shared their personal thoughts here about Jeremy in a unanimous fashion of support. And along comes one poster who says "he was not fired".

Sure would be nice to qualify that as an opinion or offer up some proof why the contrary comment is accurate.
Apologies in advance to those with this clown on ignore....


This is from a person who flipped out recently when called a troll. Here he is actually admitting he's a troll. Not that any sane person had any doubt.
stark
Posts: 5115
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:43 pm

thinair wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:13 pm
stark wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 pm
Oh CatMan, don't get so dramatic, it takes all fun out of watching thelittleguy's panties get all bunched up.

Let's keep to the facts in front of us. 117 individual posters shared their personal thoughts here about Jeremy in a unanimous fashion of support. And along comes one poster who says "he was not fired".

Sure would be nice to qualify that as an opinion or offer up some proof why the contrary comment is accurate.
Apologies in advance to those with this clown on ignore....


This is from a person who flipped out recently when called a troll. Here he is actually admitting he's a troll. Not that any sane person had any doubt.
Huh?
This was your opportunity to say "It's my opinion he was not fired" or "I know he was not fired because _______________"
Is that too difficult?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Horsebagger
Posts: 2088
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:26 pm

What the hell happened to this place?
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3224
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 pm

It's hilarious when people call others who simply don't agree with them a troll.

Y'all sounding like Amy Schumer calling everyone who gives her terrible "content" a poor rating an alt-right troll.

Please grow up.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
hadrianmarcus
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:45 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:26 pm
What the hell happened to this place?
This board is a microcosm of the horse racing industry in general. In all its current glory....
Senator L
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:26 pm
What the hell happened to this place?
It's symbolic of horse racing in general
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
peeptoad
Posts: 2846
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:27 am

Senator L wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:37 pm
Horsebagger wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:26 pm
What the hell happened to this place?
It's symbolic of horse racing in general
or of humans interacting in cyberspace... casual conversations in virtual space generally do not make for good discourse.
stark
Posts: 5115
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 am

thinair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 pm
I'm in NO way condoning anyone's behavior in this situation, but he was not fired.
My original point was can Thinair add to his comment by confirming a source or implying it was just his opinion?

Can anybody here provide an alternate source on March 17th with the same intel, there's a contribution to your favorite charity should you be able to post it here, thanks in advance.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
peeptoad
Posts: 2846
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:14 am

^ and this is part of the reason why... maybe consider letting it drop, stark, but I don't want to tell you or anyone else how to conduct themselves, so that's a consideration only.

I got chewed out on a different (non-racing) board yesterday because someone didn't like the particular adjective I used in a sentence (in an off-topic, "random thought" type thread). I think I am finally done with internet fora. Maybe if people didn't have every single solitary syllable and word picked apart and analyzed, followed by providing the reader with notarized-government issue documents to back up their stance, then a conversation could actually ensue. Or not. I'm probably wrong... again.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Please don't go, Peep.
Catalina
Posts: 3638
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Starine wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Please don't go, Peep.
Likewise, please stay, Peeptoad.
shenanigans
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:40 am

I hardly ever post, but frequently lurk, and I would like to add to other's requests: please don't go, Peeptoad. You add more than you know to this forum, and you would be greatly missed.
Post Reply