2019 Two-Year-Olds

Squeaky

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:33 am
Honor A.P. looked amazing - he’s a gorgeous, hunk of a horse who won as he pleased. I love that he’s got speed, but obviously can come from behind as well...
Really liked this guy in his first start glad to see he came back a strong winner. A plus for his sire too- I know there is were some here who were worried about his breeding success in another thread somewhere.
Slewfan2

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Squeaky wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:12 pm
Slewfan2 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:33 am
Honor A.P. looked amazing - he’s a gorgeous, hunk of a horse who won as he pleased. I love that he’s got speed, but obviously can come from behind as well...
Really liked this guy in his first start glad to see he came back a strong winner. A plus for his sire too- I know there is were some here who were worried about his breeding success in another thread somewhere.
That was me, lol - logically I know I needed to give his babies time, but I’m a worrier, so logic doesn’t always work with me!
Slewfan2

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 pm

I read an article posted a couple of hours ago that describes Honor AP's stride as choppy.... I agree with the writer that he does have a high knee action, but I don't think it's choppy; granted, I'm no stride expert, but he looks pretty smooth to me. This writer says he'll have a hard time stretching out on the dirt - she's already putting him on the turf.

Thoughts?

Here's the link to the article, which includes the video of his maiden win.

Below is the link to his debut (I can't get over Trevor's pronunciation of GinoBILLi, lol)

https://youtu.be/BmgQFSNDdAU?t=135
Squeaky

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Bobs 3 million dollar baby Cezanne out with mild injury- won’t race until end of Jan .
Starine

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Ocean Atlantique Newest TDN Rising Star For American Pharoah
https://coolmore.com/farms/america/news ... an-pharoah

Wins by 8 lengths at Saint Cloud; trained by Andre Fabre. Dam is a half to Leroidesanimeaux.
Diver52

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Starine wrote:

Wins by 8 lengths at Saint Cloud; trained by Andre Fabre. Dam is a half to Leroidesanimeaux.
I'm sure Coolmore is thrilled with all the turf wins but at this point they may be thinking "Hey bro, don't overdo it! Let's see a GSW on dirt!"
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:42 pm

Squeaky wrote:
Bobs 3 million dollar baby Cezanne out with mild injury- won’t race until end of Jan .
Three races before the Derby. Just they way they planned it. :lol:
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Treve

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:31 am

Diver52 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 pm
Starine wrote:

I'm sure Coolmore is thrilled with all the turf wins but at this point they may be thinking "Hey bro, don't overdo it! Let's see a GSW on dirt!"
In all fairness I thiink he's got one or two G1 placed youngsters so he's knocking on the door...
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:47 am

Treve wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:42 pm
After finishing 7th in his debut, on turf, Prince of Pharoahs offered a convincing win his second time out, running a mile on dirt.
(American Pharoah x My Dixie Doodle by Dixie Union). He's a gorgeous almost black-looking dark brown colt.
I think he is so far the only Pharoah I've noticed running to the finish with his ears pricked in the same tradmark manner as his sire! It's crazy how much he has stamped his get - same expression here. Although he almost looks to have a jibbah like Classic Empire did!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Starine

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm getting impatient to see a graded stakes winner on the main track from American Pharoah, but he really has been knocking on the door in that regard. I think it will only be a matter of time.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:42 pm

I wish I could watch this filly debut; I was a big fan of her half-sister. :)

Half Sister to Tepin Set to Debut at Keeneland
On an Oct. 18 afternoon at Keeneland in which a full field of well-bred fillies competes in the Pin Oak Valley View Stakes (G3T), it is an unraced filly in the second race that may have the most eye-catching pedigree of all.
Repossession, a 2-year-old daughter of War Front , is out of the Stravinsky mare Life Happened, making her a half sister to two-time champion turf mare Tepin and multiple graded stakes winner Vyjack. She is bred for the conditions of the 1 1/16-mile grass maiden test in which she is a morning-line 5-1 chance.

Read more: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -keeneland
ThreeMustangs

Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:34 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:42 pm
I wish I could watch this filly debut; I was a big fan of her half-sister. :)

Half Sister to Tepin Set to Debut at Keeneland
On an Oct. 18 afternoon at Keeneland in which a full field of well-bred fillies competes in the Pin Oak Valley View Stakes (G3T), it is an unraced filly in the second race that may have the most eye-catching pedigree of all.
Repossession, a 2-year-old daughter of War Front , is out of the Stravinsky mare Life Happened, making her a half sister to two-time champion turf mare Tepin and multiple graded stakes winner Vyjack. She is bred for the conditions of the 1 1/16-mile grass maiden test in which she is a morning-line 5-1 chance.

Read more: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -keeneland
She finished 11 of 12.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Ouch. :oops:
Hopefully, she just didn't know what she was supposed to do and will improve off her first try.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Hong Kong Lives up to Million-Dollar Price Tag at Naas
Two-year-old is an American Pharoah half brother to Caravaggio
Hong Kong started to live up to his prestigious pedigree and punchy price tag Oct. 20 with a decisive victory on his fourth start in a six-furlong maiden on testing going at Naas.
The gray colt, trained by Aidan O'Brien for Coolmore partners, was always traveling strongly at the head of affairs and was put to work by Donnacha O'Brien just over a furlong from home.
Sporting first-time blinkers, he kept on well to repel the late challenges of Johan Zoffani, a Michael O'Callaghan-trained son of Zoffany beaten 1 1/2 lengths into second, and Nullifier, Ger Lyons' No Nay Never colt two lengths back in third.

Read More: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ag-at-naas
:D
I was a huge fan of Caravaggio, so I love his pedigree.
Curtis

Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Diver52 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:42 pm
Squeaky wrote:
Three races before the Derby. Just they way they planned it. :lol:
So with Bob’s mantra of, “The Good One’s can hold up to it,” where does that leave Cezanne? Will a year from now he turn up without a couple of valuable pieces of anatomical equipment like Regulate and Coliseum? At least Juddmonte and Godolphin can absorb the losses and pay Baffert his day rate. Tough business.
Starine

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm
I was a huge fan of Caravaggio, so I love his pedigree.
I find myself developing a soft spot for the grey Pharoahs. Not really sure why.
Squeaky

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:17 am

Eight Rings to Coolmore upon retirement. Hope this doesn’t mean after 3 year old year, but likely does as they seem to like to retire them early there. Disappointing that more and more seems like racing to breed vs the opposite. Note Dale Roman’s comment about how “ our most important goal is to make stallions”. The race to the shed is increasing every year. With the sport in decline, how many lightly raced over-medicated new 3 year old stallions with “ nothing left to prove” do we really need? And where does this leave fans with few stars to route for with no more than 3-4 races a year for at most 1-2 years? Not a sustainable model if you ask me, except as an investment portfolio for the ultra- rich and a way for a few lucky farms/ pinhookers to make a score.
stark

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:23 am

Squeaky wrote:
Fill in the blank to Coolmore upon retirement. Hope this doesn’t mean after 3 year old year, but likely does as they seem to like to retire them early there. Disappointing that more and more seems like racing to breed vs the opposite. Note Dale Roman’s comment about how “ our most important goal is to make stallions”. The race to the shed is increasing every year. With the sport in decline, how many lightly raced over-medicated new 3 year old stallions with “ nothing left to prove” do we really need? And where does this leave fans with few stars to route for with no more than 3-4 races a year for at most 1-2 years? Not a sustainable model if you ask me, except as an investment portfolio for the ultra- rich and a way for a few lucky farms/ pinhookers to make a score.
Fixed that for ya!
Seems like this exact same sentiment gets posted endlessly every year, just trying to make it easier for future reference.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Curtis

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:47 am

stark wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:23 am
Squeaky wrote:
Fill in the blank to Coolmore upon retirement. Hope this doesn’t mean after 3 year old year, but likely does as they seem to like to retire them early there. Disappointing that more and more seems like racing to breed vs the opposite. Note Dale Roman’s comment about how “ our most important goal is to make stallions”. The race to the shed is increasing every year. With the sport in decline, how many lightly raced over-medicated new 3 year old stallions with “ nothing left to prove” do we really need? And where does this leave fans with few stars to route for with no more than 3-4 races a year for at most 1-2 years? Not a sustainable model if you ask me, except as an investment portfolio for the ultra- rich and a way for a few lucky farms/ pinhookers to make a score.
Fixed that for ya!
Seems like this exact same sentiment gets posted endlessly every year, just trying to make it easier for future reference.
Yep, just cut and paste and enjoy ‘em while they’re here. All one really needs in life is Led Zeppelin as the song really does remain the same.
Starine

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:13 pm

South Bend Wins Street Sense to Stay Undefeated
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... undefeated

He's by Algorithms. Love his damside for stretching out: Old Trieste, St. Jovite and Majestic Prince.