2019 Pegasus World Cup

Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 am

Jimmy Jerkens Is Excited to See Delta Prince Run Without a Layoff Line Between Starts in the Pegasus World Cup Turf
Jimmy Jerkens says Delta Prince has had issues staying healthy throughout his career, but seems to be peaking at the right time as he gets set to return to the grass in the Pegasus World Cup Turf.
Video: https://www.xbtv.com/video/workout/jimm ... -cup-turf/
tachyon

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:10 am

Aerolithe(JPN) has arrived safely at GP. :D

@FlyiRT

Kate Hunter also posted a pick of hers.
Big thanks to @FlyIRT for getting Aerolithe from Japan to Florida in spectacular shape! Despite being a first time international shipper she did better than we could have hoped thanks to your assistance!
thinair

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:40 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Jimmy Jerkens Is Excited to See Delta Prince Run Without a Layoff Line Between Starts in the Pegasus World Cup Turf
Jimmy Jerkens says Delta Prince has had issues staying healthy throughout his career, but seems to be peaking at the right time as he gets set to return to the grass in the Pegasus World Cup Turf.
I love Jimmy, but "peaking at the right time" belies his pps. His recent form has been so weak that Jimmy decided to put him back on the dirt. This feels like, yet another, case of a trainer trying to make the boss happy.

He's owned by Stronach Stables, otherwise there is no way he would be running. I doubt Jimmy thinks he wants any part of 9.5 furlongs either.

I'm also curious as to whether or not the Stronach horses in both races will run with Lasix, as Stronach has taken an anti-Lasix stance, and the weight break associated with running without Lasix is obviously a Stronach Group idea.
stark

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Santa Anita-based front-runner Fahan Mura will ship next week to Gulfstream Park, where she is likely to set the pace in the $7 million Pegasus World Cup Turf Invitational on Jan. 26.

Trainer Vladimir Cerin is finalizing details this week for the 5-year-old mare, who rose from the claiming ranks to become one of the top female turf runners in California. In her most recent start, on Dec. 29, Fahan Mura won the Grade 3 Robert J. Frankel at 1 1/8 miles.

Fahan Mura’s odds will be high, but her influence on the 1 3/16-mile Pegasus Turf is significant due to a shortage of pace. That was a factor in the decision by Cerin and majority owner Michael Mellen (Bran Jam Stable) to take a shot and face males for the first time.

more at....

https://classic.drf.com/news/fahan-mura ... d-cup-turf
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Starine

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 pm

Aerolithe Arrives for Pegasus World Cup Turf (with video)
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... d-cup-turf
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 pm

thinair wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:40 am
Sparrow Castle wrote:
I love Jimmy, but "peaking at the right time" belies his pps. His recent form has been so weak that Jimmy decided to put him back on the dirt. This feels like, yet another, case of a trainer trying to make the boss happy.

He's owned by Stronach Stables, otherwise there is no way he would be running. I doubt Jimmy thinks he wants any part of 9.5 furlongs either.

I'm also curious as to whether or not the Stronach horses in both races will run with Lasix, as Stronach has taken an anti-Lasix stance, and the weight break associated with running without Lasix is obviously a Stronach Group idea.
The headline is puzzling. Jimmy doesn't look too excited to me, but this boy has been training pretty well although mostly on dirt. Yeah, likely Stronach's call.
thinair

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:

The headline is puzzling. Jimmy doesn't look too excited to me, but this boy has been training pretty well although mostly on dirt. Yeah, likely Stronach's call.
I hadn't even noticed that. Pretty funny. The layoff line is 45 days. How many Stakes horses frequently run back that quickly?
Miss Woodford

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:47 am

thinair wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:48 pm
Sparrow Castle wrote:

I hadn't even noticed that. Pretty funny. The layoff line is 45 days. How many Stakes horses frequently run back that quickly?
Any horse trained by D Wayne Lukas? :lol: Bravazo had 11 starts last year.
Mylute

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:34 am

I hope a filly takes the race.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Curtis

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:07 pm

Mylute wrote:
For any particular reason?
stark

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Mylute wrote:
stark wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm
Santa Anita-based front-runner Fahan Mura will ship next week to Gulfstream Park, where she is likely to set the pace in the $7 million Pegasus World Cup Turf Invitational on Jan. 26.

Trainer Vladimir Cerin is finalizing details this week for the 5-year-old mare, who rose from the claiming ranks to become one of the top female turf runners in California. In her most recent start, on Dec. 29, Fahan Mura won the Grade 3 Robert J. Frankel at 1 1/8 miles.

Fahan Mura’s odds will be high, but her influence on the 1 3/16-mile Pegasus Turf is significant due to a shortage of pace. That was a factor in the decision by Cerin and majority owner Michael Mellen (Bran Jam Stable) to take a shot and face males for the first time.

more at....

https://classic.drf.com/news/fahan-mura ... d-cup-turf
West Coast Speed wire to wire.
thinair

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Fahan Mura is a silly entrant, though I guess her speed helps some of the others. She's basically a rabbit for everyone.

I wonder what she paid to run. Probably low five figures.
Curtis

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:35 pm

thinair wrote:
Fahan Mura is a silly entrant, though I guess her speed helps some of the others. She's basically a rabbit for everyone.

Her only chance is to be ignored and be allowed to walk the dog. She’s a nice story but I’m not seeing it. Of much more interest is your reference to silly and rabbit. Perhaps Fahan Mura has some trix up her sleeve.
thinair

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Curtis wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:35 pm
thinair wrote:

Her only chance is to be ignored and be allowed to walk the dog. She’s a nice story but I’m not seeing it. Of much more interest is your reference to silly and rabbit. Perhaps Fahan Mura has some trix up her sleeve.
That's good. I'm only clever unintentionally.

She's not that kind of horse. She's going. Rating her on the lead wouldn't help anyway, at least IMO.
stark

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

RE: Fahan

Most 30-1 shots can be referred to as silly, that's okay. This one will have red pen marks in PPs all across America that read CheapSpeed, that's okay too.
She's certainly not my 5star blue ribbon guaranteed release of the year, but she will get a few bucks from me, and she is a filly that a poster here was hoping for.

Also, this fascination of knowing what entrants pay for these races, for the life of me I can't figure out the Why?
It's like asking who really paid $500 for StormCat back in the day?

If I was in charge of greasing palms and passing money under the table, the foreigners MagicWand and Aerolithe would certainly get more of my attention than some G3 winner out of SoCal.
thinair

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:09 pm

stark wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm
RE: Fahan

Most 30-1 shots can be referred to as silly, that's okay. This one will have red pen marks in PPs all across America that read CheapSpeed, that's okay too.
She's certainly not my 5star blue ribbon guaranteed release of the year, but she will get a few bucks from me, and she is a filly that a poster here was hoping for.

Also, this fascination of knowing what entrants pay for these races, for the life of me I can't figure out the Why?
It's like asking who really paid $500 for StormCat back in the day?

If I was in charge of greasing palms and passing money under the table, the foreigners MagicWand and Aerolithe would certainly get more of my attention than some G3 winner out of SoCal.
I'll have to find my post where I suggested tossing Fahan Mura was genius. I can't recall it, but you seem to know where it is.

What poster was hoping for her? There are two other fillies in the race that actually have a chance....right?

The beauty of racing, Stark, is that there is something for anyone. Much like how you are obsessed with me, I am obsessed with the financial aspects of these races, and how they are conducted under a cloak of secrecy. I have no problem if others have no interest in this. To each their own.
stark

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:06 pm

thinair wrote:

I'll have to find my post where I suggested tossing Fahan Mura was genius. I can't recall it, but you seem to know where it is.

What poster was hoping for her? There are two other fillies in the race that actually have a chance....right?

The beauty of racing, Stark, is that there is something for anyone. Much like how you are obsessed with me, I am obsessed with the financial aspects of these races, and how they are conducted under a cloak of secrecy. I have no problem if others have no interest in this. To each their own.
The similarities between you and Todd Shrupp really are endless, must be in the job DNA.

You both think we're obsessed with you.
You both tweet out your picks daily for FREE.
You both have some contrarian opinions.
You both have some informed opinions along with some not-so.
You both pick a few winners every week after working 60 hours at it.

The one area where Todd outperforms you is that in the course of his job he has to address all sorts of races all across the country.
When/if you extend your limits beyond NYRA then my obsession will only grow fonder.

I really tried to take the high road recently, you just insist on bringing us back down to personal issues and not the horses, shame.
Curtis

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:30 pm

stark wrote:
thinair wrote:

The similarities between you and Todd Shrupp really are endless, must be in the job DNA.

The one area where Todd outperforms you is that in the course of his job he has to address all sorts of races all across the country.
When/if you extend your limits beyond NYRA then my obsession will only grow fonder.

I really tried to take the high road recently, you just insist on bringing us back down to personal issues and not the horses, shame.
I’m envisioning you two watching the Pegasus from a bar in Loch Lomand.
Somnambulist

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:34 pm

I can't really imagine what it's like to set up a Twitter thinking that you'll just share some picks about whatever racing thing you're thinking if, only for it to be thrown back in your face like is happening here. It is abundantly strange.

TA, I do have some new found respect for you. I could never deal with it.

edit: That's not to say I didn't have any. My sinus pressure is too bad to think straight
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
thinair

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 pm

stark wrote:

No, YOU are obsessed by me. Nobody else here cares, thankfully. Your obsession with me is easily provable.

I post my picks and Tweet them because it's my job....something fairly obvious.

Having contrarian opinions is useful in all walks of life. You should try it some time.

Everyone's opinions on racing are frequently wrong. Some of us, not you but some of us, are occasionally correct.

Sometimes my ideas are great, often not, but how many hours I spend on them is variable, but I must be doing something right for you to be obsessed by me....much like Todd, who also has various clowns on the internet obsessed with him.

Todd and I have completely different jobs. He is a host. I am an analyst. I would love to do my job as well as Todd does his. I think he's phenomenally talented. I focus on jurisdictions outside of NY when called upon to do so. As always, I do the best I can. That's all I can do...while striving to do as well as people like Todd, and Randy Moss, who has my utmost admiration.

You have NEVER taken the high road with me. You have dogged me, trolled me, and attacked me ( as you have done numerous times in this thread alone ) for years. I get it. It's amusing. Like most, you would probably behave like a human being if we met in real life. Many people have much different personas on the internet. For you, I certainly hope this is the case.