4. Mopotism | Mario Gutierrez | Doug O'Neill | 30-1
5. Wonder Gadot (CAN) | Irad Ortiz Jr. | Mark Casse | 15-1
6. Verve's Tale | Brian Hernandez Jr. | Barclay Tagg | 30-1
7. Midnight Bisou | Johnny Velazquez| Steve Asmussen | 6-1
8. Vale Dori (ARG) | Joe Talamo | Bob Baffert | 12-1
9. Wow Cat (CHI) | Jose Ortiz | Chad Brown | 8-1
10. Blue Prize (ARG) | Jore Bravo | Ignacio Correas IV | 6-1
11. Monomoy Girl | Florent Geroux | Brad Cox | 2-1
Last edited by Treve on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Mylute

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am

Battle of the Oaks winners...
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Ballerina

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:43 am

Really bummed Monomoy Girl got such a crappy PP, but Florent gunned Gun Runner out a simiilar PP in last year's Classic, and to me Monomoy Girl is the distaff version of Gun Runner. Love this girl.
bare it all

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Midnight Bisou has my heart in this one. It's her vs Monomoy Girl again, imo.
Mylute

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:28 pm

BC Distaff Notes: Blue Prize ‘Always Runs Her Eyeballs Out,’ Wonder Gadot Exuberant Tuesday

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bree ... t-tuesday/

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
luvsgeldings

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:53 pm

would be really happy to see bisou win - especially since she has another jock up for this race - and wishing the best for Gadot too - love this girl - nice if she could rebound from the travers with a big win in the BC.

but mostly I will be rooting for vale dori - and that's just because of the jock on her back - he lost his ride on abel tasmen when CHC moved the horse to baffert - always thought that was a big shame for talamo (and simon C of course) - so good luck to Joe T in the distaff (and to Simon C with bellafina in the juve fillies)!
Izvestia

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:04 pm

Midnight Bisou for me too, but also have an eye on Wow Cat.
Treve

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Ballerina wrote:
Really bummed Monomoy Girl got such a crappy PP, but Florent gunned Gun Runner out a simiilar PP in last year's Classic, and to me Monomoy Girl is the distaff version of Gun Runner. Love this girl.
Gun Runner had the 5 in the Classic, he actually had an ideal PP! It was in the Pegasus that he drew wide out (10 out of 12) (and I'd argue it's harder to overcome a wide post at Gulfstream than it is at Del Mar or Churchill). Regardless though, both his Pegasus and Classic were gobsmacking. I thought he had a chance in the Classic, then he set those suicidal opening fractions, battled Collected the whole way and pulled away like he just shrugged off the competition.
He more than deserves the 171 mares who visited him this year, can't wait to see his babies.

If these were 3yo fillies I think Monomoy Girl would take this easily, but even without it being a full field I feel this a very quality dense race. I almost don't want to say that I dislike anyone, but if I had to absolutely rule out anyone for the win it'd be La Force, Mopotism, Champagne Problems and Verve's Tale. Any of the other 7 have a live chance. Should be an exciting race!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Ballerina

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:33 pm

Treve wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 pm
Ballerina wrote:
Gun Runner had the 5 in the Classic, he actually had an ideal PP! It was in the Pegasus that he drew wide out (10 out of 12) (and I'd argue it's harder to overcome a wide post at Gulfstream than it is at Del Mar or Churchill). Regardless though, both his Pegasus and Classic were gobsmacking. I thought he had a chance in the Classic, then he set those suicidal opening fractions, battled Collected the whole way and pulled away like he just shrugged off the competition.
He more than deserves the 171 mares who visited him this year, can't wait to see his babies.

If these were 3yo fillies I think Monomoy Girl would take this easily, but even without it being a full field I feel this a very quality dense race. I almost don't want to say that I dislike anyone, but if I had to absolutely rule out anyone for the win it'd be La Force, Mopotism, Champagne Problems and Verve's Tale. Any of the other 7 have a live chance. Should be an exciting race!
Yes - the Pegasus. Again, thank you Sister Mary Margaret and your red pen to correct my gaffes, but I hope readers got where I was coming from. :-)