Stronach v. Stronach

ElPrado2

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:03 pm

When you are that rich, it doesn't mean you are sane. It's excess money syndrome. Everyone is so into kissing a rear end that even insanity is ok.
stark

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:23 pm

From the opinion desk of John Cherwa, LA Times newsletter.....

The Globe and Mail in Canada reported the latest on the Stronach famiy feud. It seems as Selena Stronach, 18, has filed suit against Auntie Belinda so that Selena can continue her lifestyle and avoid those nettlsesome first-world problems.

According to Globe and Mail, Selena, and her mother Kathleen, get “$15,000 (Canadian) a month in direct transfers from the family’s private holding company, TSG, plus unrestricted use of credit cards, and private jet flights for monthly vacations at five- and six-star hotels.” And she wants to keep those perks of being a Stronach.

Selena owns a ranch where she raises show cattle for county fairs. Court documents say “the operation is expensive to run.” Well, yeah.

Now, Kathleen is getting a divorce from Andrew Stronach, who is Frank’s son and by extension Belinda’s brother. Andrew, just like his dad, has filed suit against Belinda for “serious misconduct” running the TSG company. Got it?

Now, I’ve pondered how we, as caring Americans, should handle this to make sure Selena can continue to raise those cattle and live the lifestyle she is enttled to. A GoFundMe page is kind of passe. Or they could put out barrels or cups where people could drop in their change or dollars. Maybe even have some slots under the teller windows like they do at McDonalds.

So, and this will take some cooperation from the CHRB and TOC, how about we change the option on winning tickets on self-serve machines and rather than making a contribution to race horse aftercare, we could have the option to donate to Selena’s current care. I mean the cost of jet fuel is on the rise.

Anyway, just a thought.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
ElPrado2

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:40 pm

I know where they could park that second statue.
Just stick it on top of the mountain behind Santa Anita. Fine till the big one hits. 🤗
Gemini

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:19 pm

stark wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:23 pm
From the opinion desk of John Cherwa, LA Times newsletter.....

The Globe and Mail in Canada reported the latest on the Stronach famiy feud. It seems as Selena Stronach, 18, has filed suit against Auntie Belinda so that Selena can continue her lifestyle and avoid those nettlsesome first-world problems.

According to Globe and Mail, Selena, and her mother Kathleen, get “$15,000 (Canadian) a month in direct transfers from the family’s private holding company, TSG, plus unrestricted use of credit cards, and private jet flights for monthly vacations at five- and six-star hotels.” And she wants to keep those perks of being a Stronach.

Selena owns a ranch where she raises show cattle for county fairs. Court documents say “the operation is expensive to run.” Well, yeah.

Now, Kathleen is getting a divorce from Andrew Stronach, who is Frank’s son and by extension Belinda’s brother. Andrew, just like his dad, has filed suit against Belinda for “serious misconduct” running the TSG company. Got it?

Now, I’ve pondered how we, as caring Americans, should handle this to make sure Selena can continue to raise those cattle and live the lifestyle she is enttled to. A GoFundMe page is kind of passe. Or they could put out barrels or cups where people could drop in their change or dollars. Maybe even have some slots under the teller windows like they do at McDonalds.

So, and this will take some cooperation from the CHRB and TOC, how about we change the option on winning tickets on self-serve machines and rather than making a contribution to race horse aftercare, we could have the option to donate to Selena’s current care. I mean the cost of jet fuel is on the rise.

Anyway, just a thought.
I believe this is the first time I've ever heard of six-star hotels. I thought five was the max. Obviously I need to learn more.
Sparrow Castle

Tue May 28, 2019 6:54 pm

Frank Stronach Questions TSG Management
As Frank Stronach stood on the grass course May 18 at Pimlico Race Course while horses were being saddled for the Preakness Stakes (G1), the feeling was considerably different for him than in past years.

Since 2002, when he first purchased a share of Pimlico and Laurel Park from the De Francis family, he could walk the grounds at the Preakness as an owner of the facility, knowing he had a major say in every detail of the racetrack's operation.

Yet at the 144th Preakness, 2 1/2 years after his daughter, Belinda, was introduced as new chairman of The Stronach Group and seven months after Frank Stronach filed a lawsuit seeking to regain control of The Stronach Group, the TSG founder was as much of a guest on the Pimlico grounds as anyone else.

"I've been shut out of the process," said the 86-year-old Stronach, who filed a CA$520 million ($386 million) lawsuit Oct. 1 to regain authority of the company he built.

While Belinda Stronach has control of the company's racetracks pending the results of her father's lawsuit and the countersuit she filed Jan. 21, Frank Stronach stands on the outside looking in. He remains committed to being involved in the horse racing industry and is as determined as ever to enacting measures he believes will benefit the sport.

He also places blame for the catastrophic winter at TSG's Santa Anita Park, which includes 26 fatalities from Dec. 26 to the present day and a stoppage of racing for more than three weeks, on key management at the company.

"My concern is what's the future of horse racing," he said Preakness Day. "What we have done means we could be ruled off, and I don't want to see that."

Looking back at this winter's ugly events at Santa Anita, Frank Stronach said they were the result of "gross neglect by a small number of people at The Stronach Group.

"Belinda hasn't been in it enough to understand. So, there are other people who are grossly negligent," he said. "There's enough evidence and a paper trail. They did not implement the medication protocol program. They did not implement plans I had to improve the racetrack."

In response, The Stronach Group issued a statement disputing Frank Stronach's claims, pointing out the company's work with stakeholders to improve the sport and that he has no official role with the company.
More: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... management
ElPrado2

Tue May 28, 2019 8:21 pm

We're talking Stronach here. If there are no 6 star hotels, don't worry, he can build one. He may have another place to dump his extra statue! And hey! Maybe he get one of a show bull, to keep his future ex daughter in law from feeling neglected!
Starine

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 pm

I cannot stop cackling.

New Sparks Fly In Stronach Suit As Frank Throws Shade On Granddaughter’s Show Jumping Expenses
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/peop ... -expenses/