Justify

luvsgeldings

Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 pm

man, Affirmed and the Bid..... they were really something!!
CoronadosQuest

Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Kentucky Derby‏
@KentuckyDerby
2h2 hours ago
Everyone wants a glimpse of the potential Triple Crown winner
Big Ten

Sun May 20, 2018 5:48 pm

"Nothing is given. Everything is earned." Right, LeBron?

Audible needs to enter Belmont because it's no guarantee Justify hits the board with his depleted batteries and Audible isn't a mortal lock to win it either with his questionable pedigree. Imagine another two furlongs more for Audible?

What if Bolt d'Oro wins the Belmont and Justify is a well-beaten 3rd? Their owners would then start kicking themselves for not entering Audible thinking he was capable of beating BDO. They should maximize winning the race itself. Not decrease it by leaving Audible out.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Curtis

Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Big Ten wrote:"Nothing is given. Everything is earned." Right, LeBron?

Audible needs to enter Belmont because it's no guarantee Justify hits the board with his depleted batteries and Audible isn't a mortal lock to win it either with his questionable pedigree. Imagine another two furlongs more for Audible?

What if Bolt d'Oro wins the Belmont and Justify is a well-beaten 3rd? Their owners would then start kicking themselves for not entering Audible thinking he was capable of beating BDO. They should maximize winning the race itself. Not decrease it by leaving Audible out.
You might have a direct in with Mick Ruis and it’s not like he hasn’t been known to change his mind, but by last report, Bolt is being pointed to the Met Mile.
tcw

Sun May 20, 2018 8:52 pm

For those that haven't read it, imo a great article by Haskin on Justify:

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... again.aspx
Catalina

Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:Image
Kentucky Derby‏
@KentuckyDerby
2h2 hours ago
Everyone wants a glimpse of the potential Triple Crown winner
That's too funny - but, apparently so.
Big Ten

Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 am

Audible's BSF
99 -> 99 -> 99

I would love to see Audible entered if Bolt d'Oro is headed to the Met.

Signs of a healthy battery
104 -> 101 -> 107 Beyer

Signs of a depleted battery
107 -> 103 -> 97 Beyer

Justify needs a four month battery recharge.

June - Belmont
October - Awesome Again
November - BC Classic

That's it. Avoid the Haskell, Travers, Pacific Classic, and Pennsylvania Derby. Get him fully charged for the BC Classic which is the end goal.

Justify won on raw talent alone in the Santa Anita Derby. Now that his form is regressing, he won the Preakness on pure guts alone. Hopefully, that's enough to get his nose to the wire first in Belmont.

Flashback to Baffert's first two. Still my two favorite failed TC attempts.

1997 Belmont - Touch Gold
https://youtu.be/T7Auvs7LD5I

Twenty years ago...

1998 Belmont - Victory Gallop
https://youtu.be/KLV7xZPwvM0

^ Twenty years later, Justify wins the Belmont by a nose! That's all that matters...
"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning." - Dom Toretto
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Starine

Mon May 21, 2018 9:52 am

How many times have you posted about Audible and the Belmont, BT? Like 12 times in the past 48 hours? ;)
stark

Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am

Big Ten wrote: Signs of a healthy battery
104 -> 101 -> 107 Beyer

Signs of a depleted battery
107 -> 103 -> 97 Beyer

Justify needs a four month battery recharge.
Or just maybe it's a horse that really doesn't like the mud and is hoping for a dry fast track @ Belmont!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Squeaky

Mon May 21, 2018 11:24 am

Like be your positivity Bal...hoping he can do it!
FlyToTheStars

Mon May 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Since Winstar owns Justify and though partners, we should enjoy this horse this year. Odds is pretty much set he is retired at end of the year. I hope I am wrong.
Curtis

Mon May 21, 2018 12:25 pm

FlyToTheStars wrote:Since Winstar owns Justify and though partners, we should enjoy this horse this year. Odds is pretty much set he is retired at end of the year. I hope I am wrong.
I don’t think you are. With Scat Daddy gone, an at least, two Classic winner by him is way too valuable to race past this year.
Somnambulist

Mon May 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Curtis wrote:
FlyToTheStars wrote:Since Winstar owns Justify and though partners, we should enjoy this horse this year. Odds is pretty much set he is retired at end of the year. I hope I am wrong.
I don’t think you are. With Scat Daddy gone, an at least, two Classic winner by him is way too valuable to race past this year.
The fun part is thinking of his stud fee.

I'm upset that the lack of discussion of my beloved Ghostzapper as a damsire. It's clearly why he's so talented. ;)
Tessablue

Mon May 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Remember when his stud fee started at 200k and we had lots of arguments about it? Good times.
BaroqueAgain1

Mon May 21, 2018 2:23 pm

With Scat Daddy on top and Ghostzapper on the bottom, it's no wonder the horse is fast. Not sure those genetics are the formula for 12 furlongs, though. :?
Yeah, I agree that we won't get to see Justify as a four-year-old, although IMO he could be even better than he is now. With the loss of Scat Daddy, there is high demand for his sons. Even Coolmore, who usually have no problem running their top runners as older horses (like Deauville, Idaho, Highland Reel, the late St. Nicholas Abbey), have retired their Scat Daddy colts like No Nay Never and Caravaggio by the end of their 3yo year.
Maybe we can hold out hope for a run in the Pegasus, before Justify heads to the shed?
ETA: A Bloodhorse article on Scat Daddy's legacy:
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... did-spring
We may have another good three-year-old Scat Daddy to watch this year Across the Pond; last year's Norfolk and Phoenix Stakes winner, Sioux Nation.
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... ear/332207
FlyToTheStars

Mon May 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Yeah- I hate to say it, if he ended up a flop in stud- its a wasted talent we lose in seeing him exhibit his brilliance at.. the racetrack.

Of course I do not wish that on him, just a 'what if' case scenario.
Big Ten

Mon May 21, 2018 3:20 pm

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists ... 80520.html
Regardless of how tired Justify was at the end of the Preakness — and he was clearly tired — he is a massive horse who holds his weight, always eats everything in front of him and may very well be able to recover. Also, there is very real chance that Justify would not get an early challenge in the Belmont and be able to cruise on the lead like American Pharoah. If that happens and it could, Justify would be very difficult to catch.

“I think the Belmont will be easier on him, the way it’s set up,” Baffert said.

One thing is certain. Baffert loves this picture of a racehorse, this massive chestnut with incredible speed.

“I would love to put a western saddle on him and ride him in the Rose Parade if they would let me,” Baffert said. “He’s just so beautiful.”
Love that last quote. You can tell Bob Baffert has been smitten by Justify's looks. His very own Affirmed & California Chrome he got to train.
Ballerina

Tue May 22, 2018 11:03 am

The "IT" factor and does Justify have it. I like what Mike has to say about "IT"

https://thoroughbredinsider.com/justify-it-factor/
Ballerina

Tue May 22, 2018 11:24 am

Did jumping the tracks cost Justify in the Preakness?

https://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs ... akness_123#