Justify

Treve

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Diver52 wrote:Is there a streaming site for the Belmont? Three years ago I was watching AP on a herky jerky feed that made me nuts. ",He's into the stretch with a two length lead!" Freeze! "At the eighth pole, it's". FREEZE ! it better than nothing. Thanks.
NYRA.com however the stream gets blacked out during the NBC and NBCSN broadcast hours (which is new... wasn't like that last year) unfortunately.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Somnambulist

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Treve wrote:
NYRA.com however the stream gets blacked out during the NBC and NBCSN broadcast hours (which is new... wasn't like that last year) unfortunately.
Did NBC renew their contract to cover it? I'm surprised they could change it mid-term like that.
Treve

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Treve wrote:
Did NBC renew their contract to cover it? I'm surprised they could change it mid-term like that.
No idea. I guess so. I was watching the stream earlier today (they've really enhanced their streaming format such as now if you cast it using a chrome cast and put it full screen it stops overloading your computer by doing a mirror stream, and just streams directly to the tv), and then around 5pm it blacked out and an image appeared explaining the blackout and encouraging the user to continue viewing the races by tuning in to NBCSN and giving the NBCSN hours for today/tomorrow and the NBC hours for tomorrow.

I was pretty annoyed. I can understand maybe restricting the broadcast hours for NBC since it's Network tv so, reasonably accessible but NBCSN is just frustrating.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Somnambulist

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:26 pm

I would check Facebook live. If not Xpressbet offers free streaming.
Big Ten

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Kentucky Derby
1. Justify, G1 winner
2. Good Magic, G1 winner
3. Audible, G1 winner

Preakness
1. Justify, G1 winner
2. Bravazo, G2 winner
3. Tenfold, never won a stakes race

^ That's after Justify battled the 2YO champ who faded to 4th.

G1
Justify
Free Drop Billy

G2
Vino Rosso
Bravazo
Noble Indy

It's as clear as day that Justify is the best horse in the field. Only Audible would've given him problems. But the best horse doesn't always win Belmont.

If Justify loses tomorrow, I hope he loses to a quality horse since I consider Justify a quality horse. Even Birdstone was a G1 winner at 2 and was the only horse to ever finish ahead of Smarty Jones.

Touch Gold, Victory Gallop, and Empire Maker were quality horses. Losing to non-stakes winners like Hofburg, Tenfold, and Restoring Hope would be kinda embarrassing like an Onion-sorta way. Not that Hofburg and Tenfold are bad horses. But to his stablemate or Gronkowski? SMH.

Cigar lost to Dare and Go, Skip Away, Alphabet Soup, and Louis Quatorze. All graded-stakes winners and mostly G1. And Skip Away would end up being a HotY and HoFer. Zenyatta lost to a multiple G1 winner in Blame. I don't want to watch Justify lose to a Buster Douglas.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Ballerina

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:19 am

Get a good night's sleep most handsome boy. You'll soon go down in history as a Triple Crown winner.
Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:23 am

A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Ballerina

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:42 am

And it looks like he's wearing jammies. :-)
carole

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:40 am

http://www.dmi.ae/dubairacing/live.asp this coverage probably won't be NBC but they will show the Belont and connection should be good

https://123stream.io/live/57956 this link is where I watched the Preakness, NBC stream, fantastic quality, zero issues with connection
Big Ten

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm

I was looking at Brisnet PPs last night again and looked at all the opponents for Justify. Looked at which horses beat who. It's so obvious Justify is superior to all of them and was tops in nearly every category. If you put Audible in it, I still like Justify's chances. Audible's Beyers were only at 99.

Justify's figures have been compromised by the compressed schedule and the mud where he is 3-4 pts lower. So Justify's B-game can beat Audible and most of the horses in this Belmont field. Vino Rosso is basically Audible's understudy while Noble Indy is Pletcher's third stringer.

I said it before in the other thread yesterday, Justify has only raced in a dry track twice and will likely get the track conditioned as FAST today. If he returns to his Santa Anita Derby form, he is capable of destroying this field by at least 5+ lengths since he's better on a dry track. He really is so much better than everyone else in this field.

Again, the only real winners is Belmont Park. Once Justify finished first in the Preakness, all they saw were dollar signs. They price gouge their attendees like it's Woodstock '99. So many will get $2 win souvenir tickets. If Justify wins, they usually won't cash it. If he loses, they can't cash it. That's just FREE money to Belmont.

I'm 100% rooting for Justify but I'll put $20 to win on Vino Rosso just for kicks. Hope he makes me $100. If Justify wins, it would be the happiest $20 I ever lost in a bet.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
CoronadosQuest

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Justify has an official twitter account now.

https://twitter.com/OfficialJustify
Big Ten

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 pm

While Vino Rosso was laid-back as a baby, Justify was the “cat’s meow” and knew it, John Gunther said.

Justify has that swag in him. For a big horse, I don't want him to be a pushover. I want him to have Seattle Slew's bully mentality. Like he's telling his opponent, "Oh, little one. You're not beating me today. See ya!"

It's why I always complain how LeBron James is so soft and doesn't have that dog in him like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant had. He will pass to George Hill or Tristan Thompson when fans pay to watch LeBron take the big shots at the end of games.

I know we probably will never have another Secretariat. Forget once in a lifetime. Secretariat happens once, period. But Sec had all that talent but never the grit. If Justify gets eyeballed today, I hope he shows us some Affirmed instead. If Justify loses, I hope he at least goes down swinging.

I'm going to watch all the Triple Crown wins and failures to prepare myself for whatever happens later today.

My favorite documentary for a racehorse
ESPN's SportsCentury of Seattle Slew

Complete horse. A fighter. A great stud. I think Justify has that in him like Slew did. That confidence. That swagger. More bite than bark. Since he was a baby, he knows he's the cat's meow.
short_lead

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Done! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Give me that short lead, give me that win by a nose, get them all home safely!
tcw

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:03 pm

What a horse!!!!!! Absolutely Phenomenal!!!!!
Big Ten

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Came out of nowhere less than four months ago. From Apollo curses to Triple Crown dreams coming true...

Now get your R&R, buddy.
RuffiantoRags

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Is he being retired now, a friend of mine told me she heard this?
sweettalk

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:Is he being retired now, a friend of mine told me she heard this?
i'd be absolutely shocked, honestly.
Turul

He is incredibly talented! Racing only 6 times and winning the TC, while skipping the 2 yo season!

Congratulation to Bob Baffert who recognized Justify's talent and to Mike Smith who made the most of it.

Anyone has some insight what are the plans for the horse? I'd like to see him in the Classic once more.
Looking into the eyes of Cigar was a life changing experience.
Katewerk

I told you. He has nearly the same name as my dog.

;-)
Ballerina

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm

OK, Justify. Time to take your beer back. You've lived in my gut since February, and never - not so much as a nano second - did I doubt you'd walk away a Triple Crown Champion.

This pretty much explains how I'm feeling right now.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=happy+son ... 0d06f6a50e

I hooked up an oxygen pulse meter to my index finger. Heart rate climbed to 131. Thankfully, I have recovered.