TBC Breeders Cup Watch Party/Discussion Thread

Carotene

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Amazing!!!! Happy for flashy Talismanic!!!! Wish I'd bet lol!
Formerly Play the King
Tessablue

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm

That was a gorgeous ride by uh... Mickael... Barzelona? I guess it's on me for not knowing who he is.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Treve

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Oh my god. I am going to scream, I had the Tri as Highland Reel - Beach Patrol - Talismanic :lol: I should've boxed it, I hate myself.
Really happy for Talismanic though! This is huge, I had been rooting for him to take a big one, one of these days!
And wow, new course record!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
ThreeMustangs

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:47 pm

So happy to see that flashy white face hit the front. Great BC for MDO.
Tessablue

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Now how's this for an opening... Arrogate at 3/2, Gun Runner and West Coast at 7/2. Obviously that will change, but still pretty wild.

Sadly, I'm more dreading this race than looking forward to it :( At least today has prepared us all for disappointment...
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:49 pm

Talismanic is a thick, muscular horse, at least for a turf horse. Watching the stretch run from the front, his chest looked twice as wide as Highland Reel's.
Maybe he has some QH in him. ;) :P
Insane Crazy

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Looooove that flashy chrome. LOVED seeing his big white face hit the front!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Macaroni

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Talismanic trying to snatch some of the flowers from off of that blanket- very endearing.
Miss Woodford

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:52 pm

LOL at Talismanic trying to eat the bouquet. Royally bred, royally owned...still a horse.
Delamont

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Carotene wrote:Amazing!!!! Happy for flashy Talismanic!!!! Wish I'd bet lol!
He was my pretty-pony bet.

How did MDO produce all that chrome? :mrgreen:
Treve

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Curious to know what are their next plans for him.
Looking at my settled bets I think Talismanic just saved my entire day (with a bit of help from Highland Reel and Wuheida).
Now, do I dump all of my money on the classic or do I cut my losses and call it a day at a netted -1$?
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Macaroni

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Oof, love seeing the replay of the 2016 BCC but it's a sad reminder that Effinex is no longer with us :(
Tessablue

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Treve wrote:Curious to know what are their next plans for him.
Looking at my settled bets I think Talismanic just saved my entire day (with a bit of help from Highland Reel and Wuheida).
Now, do I dump all of my money on the classic or do I cut my losses and call it a day at a netted -1$?
Just do what I do: stare straight into the abyss and drain the last pathetic remains of your account onto a horse with a terrible draw.

Gunnevera is 13-1, what have I done to deserve this.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Treve

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Just do what I do: stare straight into the abyss and drain the last pathetic remains of your account onto a horse with a terrible draw.
I stared into the abyss and I hit Arrogate, West Coast, Churchill and Gun Runner in various combos because I hate money. :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Tessablue

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Treve wrote:
Tessablue wrote:
I stared into the abyss and I hit Arrogate, West Coast, Churchill and Gun Runner in various combos because I hate money. :lol:
Thank you, I'm so glad I won't be doing it alone :D

I'm using Arrogate, Gunnevera, and maybe Collected and West Coast. Plus a bit with Mubtaahij. I just have no idea.

lol Elizabeth Banks mentioned the bad rail before any of the ~professionals~
Miss Woodford

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm

Neither Mike Smith nor Bob Baffert sound confident at all :?

"Miles have taken their toll" Oh come on, Arrogate's had all of four starts this year and 10 in his career. This isn't a tired old racehorse. And if he is there's something wrong with him or the way he's been trained.
Insane Crazy

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Okay, the three dudes on horses on the beach interview gimmick?

I'm here for that every year.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Miss Woodford

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:Okay, the three dudes on horses on the beach interview gimmick?

I'm here for that every year.
needs more shirtless Mike imo
Treve

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Treve wrote:
Tessablue wrote: Just do what I do: stare straight into the abyss and drain the last pathetic remains of your account onto a horse with a terrible draw.
Thank you, I'm so glad I won't be doing it alone :D

I'm using Arrogate, Gunnevera, and maybe Collected and West Coast. Plus a bit with Mubtaahij. I just have no idea.

lol Elizabeth Banks mentioned the bad rail before any of the ~professionals~
I added Gunnevera for a straight show bet since the site I use goes with ML I figured at 30-1 2$ wasn't the worst way to lose.

And Elizabeth Banks is a decent horse player I've noticed. I'm not using Mub but I'd be happy to see him do well. Churchill looks absolutely stunning in the paddock.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

BaroqueAgain1

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 pm

NBC just showed a little interview by Jerry Bailey with Mike and Bob...from horseback standing in the surf by what I presume is the beach near Del Mar. I don't know whose horses they were on, but Baffert's big black mount was gorgeous.