Humorous News of the Day: Romans versus Indian Charlie

gravano

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:00 pm

OMG where is the video???
serenassong

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Indian Charlie and Romans have had a hate/hate relationship for a bit now. I do enjoy reading it, some of the stuff is just soooo funny.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Bookman

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:11 pm

I read IC on a regular basis although much of it goes over my head. Paulick must be loving this since Indian Charlie has posted facts about Paulick's bust for drugs.
I think many times IC pushes the envelope a tad too far, other times it's downright funny, especially with his weird cartoons. Would I advertise with him?
NOPE

Last issue with a big article on Romans. http://www.indiancharlie.com/2014/06/12 ... e-14-2014/

Archives: http://www.indiancharlie.com/archives/
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan
gravano

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:14 pm

So they get into a fight
Romans gets a nice shot in.
Then his pants fall down.
thinair

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Bookman wrote:I read IC on a regular basis although much of it goes over my head. Paulick must be loving this since Indian Charlie has posted facts about Paulick's bust for drugs.
Ray Paulick was never arrested ( or " busted" ) for drugs.
Bookman

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:57 pm

thinair wrote:
Bookman wrote:I read IC on a regular basis although much of it goes over my head. Paulick must be loving this since Indian Charlie has posted facts about Paulick's bust for drugs.
I'm sure he's paid for his indiscretion or was proven innocent, but he was arrested.

Just the facts, ma'am

These links were posted on the web (possibly by IC, but I'm not sure) some time ago.
A quick search found them:

http://www.justmugshots.com/kentucky/je ... y/14941752

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Kentuck ... 54848.html
“I wish you could run the races with no jocks and just put chickens on ’em.” - Billy Gowan
Extragear

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Not a big fan of Indian Charlie but NYRA and Keeneland banning him from their tracks is absolutely RIDICULOUS. The thought of people who make a living off people gambling on horses pulling some high and almighty BS is laughable, especially when all IC did was make some politically incorrect statements in some satirical rag that makes fun of everyone.

Considering how full of crap NYRA and Keeneland are with their BS not-for-profit status I should not surprised. What a bunch of fraud organizations. Not-for-profits with executives who pay themselves $500k a year. I guess providing a gambling service and distributing purses is right on par with the Red Cross. lol
Last edited by Extragear on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mariasmon

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:31 pm

thinair wrote:
Why do you think he is no longer with Blood Horse?
katmandu

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Maybe it's time for a new wardrobe, Dale.
Extragear

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:40 pm

thinair wrote:
I don't think it was exactly a secret. He even published the e-mail where Stacy Bearse called him "crack-pipe". Now go work on your math with some of these NYRA purses. 1.5M for Whitney and only 600K for the Woodward? You can't simply make them both $1M races? And Untapable runs for $300k in a G1 this weekend and some bad grass fillies run for $1.0M in a few weeks. Someone smoking crack over there? lol
katmandu

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Apparently it was Tammy who saved the day. This is even funnier.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp ... /11404283/
thinair

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:57 pm

mariasmon wrote:
thinair wrote:
I know why he isn't at Bloodhorse ( Ray and I used to be close friends ), as do many people, and those that know, know it wasn't due to an arrest.
Extragear

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:07 pm

thinair wrote:
mariasmon wrote:
thinair wrote:

I know why he isn't at Bloodhorse ( Ray and I used to be close friends ), as do many people, and those that know, know it wasn't due to an arrest.
You also just KNEW he was never arrested and then his mugshot shows up. lol For a guy who seems to know so much you are wrong quite a bit.
thinair

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:22 pm

Bookman wrote:
thinair wrote:
I'm sure he's paid for his indiscretion or was proven innocent, but he was arrested.

Just the facts, ma'am

These links were posted on the web (possibly by IC, but I'm not sure) some time ago.
A quick search found them:

http://www.justmugshots.com/kentucky/je ... y/14941752

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Kentuck ... 54848.html
I'm sorry, and bear with me because I'm pretty stupid, but where do those supposed mugshots show that he was arrested for drugs?
Life At Zen

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:27 pm

thinair wrote:I'm sorry, and bear with me because I'm pretty stupid, but where do those supposed mugshots show that he was arrested for drugs?
Second link.

"POSS CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE-1ST OFFENSE-COCAINE"
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
thinair

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
thinair wrote:I'm sorry, and bear with me because I'm pretty stupid, but where do those supposed mugshots show that he was arrested for drugs?
Second link.

Thanks...upon another viewing, I saw it.

So according to that he was arrested three or four years ago? So that was after the Paulick Report was going. That's curious. I'm skeptical, but OK.
mariasmon

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:39 pm

thinair wrote:
mariasmon wrote:
thinair wrote:
Please enlighten us.
Extragear

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:41 pm

thinair wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
Second link.

Thanks...upon another viewing, I saw it.

So according to that he was arrested three or four years ago? So that was after the Paulick Report was going. That's curious. I'm skeptical, but OK.
He is a drug addict. He admits it and he doesn't try to hide it. He isn't full of crap like some out there.

When a not-for-profit or two not-for-profits that promote gambling throw someone off their tracks for being politically incorrect, that is full of crap as it gets. Gambling is ok, making workers live in terrible conditions with no air-conditioning in 90 degree heat, ok, but being politically incorrect in a satirical rag like Indian Charlie, UNACCEPTABLE. lol
Somnambulist

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm more impressed he looks as decent as he does it he blows that much.

Functional addicts..
BlindLucky

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Extragear wrote:Not a big fan of Indian Charlie but NYRA and Keeneland banning him from their tracks is absolutely RIDICULOUS.
He isn't banned, his newsletter is.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com