Awesome Again Stakes (G1)

BaroqueAgain1

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Four wins and three seconds...it's Gary's world. :lol:
The Tin Man

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:44 am

Catalina wrote:Very impressed with how well Soi Phet did.
Me too! After his rebirth ... he got thrown in with the BIG fish ... and he swam ... VERY WELL!!! :-)

And he's a damn good looking kid too!

Black type in a Grade 1 for him now ... pretty cool!
Kay16

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:04 am

Again, this weekend of races proves why this part of the season is so important. The picture is getting clearer...or not?

And poor Take Control. Just retire him already.
Miss Woodford

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:16 am

Kay16 wrote:Again, this weekend of races proves why this part of the season is so important. The picture is getting clearer...or not?

Breed him to Eblouissante. The resulting foal will have 100 workouts and yet somehow have a negative number of starts.
Dusty

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:27 am

Catalina wrote:Very impressed with how well Soi Phet did.
ME Too! Now I hope he gets a well deserved break - just think how much better he would have been with a decent break between races.. But I am really pleased with him.
May they run with the WIND
Kay16

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:33 am

Miss Woodford wrote:
Kay16 wrote:Again, this weekend of races proves why this part of the season is so important. The picture is getting clearer...or not?

Breed him to Eblouissante. The resulting foal will have 100 workouts and yet somehow have a negative number of starts.
Lol, that's a horrible idea!
Curlin

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It's Gary Stevens' world and we're just living in it. :lol:
It is going to be interesting if Will Take Charge and Mucho Macho Man hook up in the stretch of the Classic...and the two towering colts find themselves alongside another horse who can actually match strides with them.
Paynter didn't disgrace himself...he was certainly the best of the rest, and I can see the colt winning stakes in the future.
I just don't think it's going to be the BC Classic.
MMM, WTC, Game On Dude, Ron,' Palace Malice and and maybe Ft. Larned...all those horses are likely to finish in front of the colt.
We're forgetting Departing, who I think could make an impact in the BC Classic picture. He's not bagged his G1 yet, but he's a colt with lots of up side as long as he liies the SA surface.
Hoist The Flag

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 am

Curlin wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It's Gary Stevens' world and we're just living in it. :lol:
It is going to be interesting if Will Take Charge and Mucho Macho Man hook up in the stretch of the Classic...and the two towering colts find themselves alongside another horse who can actually match strides with them.
Paynter didn't disgrace himself...he was certainly the best of the rest, and I can see the colt winning stakes in the future.
I just don't think it's going to be the BC Classic.
MMM, WTC, Game On Dude, Ron,' Palace Malice and and maybe Ft. Larned...all those horses are likely to finish in front of the colt.
We're forgetting Departing, who I think could make an impact in the BC Classic picture. He's not bagged his G1 yet, but he's a colt with lots of up side as long as he liies the SA surface.
Departing connections already said that the Oklahoma Derby will be his last race this year. No Breeders Cup.
Hoist the Flag was the best horse I ever rode, by far... It wasn't Seattle Slew.
Jean Cruguet
second_glance

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:14 am

110 BSF for Moochie.
Kurenai
Site Admin

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:38 pm

I think Steve Haskins was really onto something there with the 1/8 pole. I really liked how easy it looked for MMM. Sets him up great for the Classic.

Paynter did well, I wouldn't throw him to the sharks in the Classic though. If they plan on racing him next year, might give him some confidence builders.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Even if Departing's connections were originally thinking of taking their gelding to the BC, I'm pretty sure they would have had second thoughts after his dull performance at Remington just now...OTB in 4th.
:?