FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH Stakes (G2)

PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:23 am

McGaughey unfazed by Top Billing's 12 post in Fountain of Youth

The highly regarded Top Billing will test stakes company for the first time Saturday in the Grade 2, $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Listed at 7-2 on the morning line, the stretch-running colt drew post 12 in the 13-horse field, but trainer Shug McGaughey isn't overly concerned about the post position in the 1 1/16-mile test.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editoria ... i?id=42884
second_glance
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:11 am

Ramiro A. Restrepo ‏@RamiroRestrepo 25s
Unfortunately, Casiguapo scratched today from the Fountain of Youth at GP.
Senator L
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:13 am

Taking the #4 Wildcat Red
Good luck
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
User avatar
larrythek
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm
Location: Los Angeles / San Francisco

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:42 pm

WIN: TOP BILLING
=======================
EXACTA

TOP BILLING 7/2
over

General A Rod 5-1
C Zee............12-1

=================================
agrussel
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 am

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Will Top Billing's post make his own race closer to 1 1/8M than 1 1/16?
And if so ... doesn't the added distance actually favor his style/ability?

I'm trying to convince myself that his post isn't as bad as everyone is making it out.

I see Top Billing excelling with the extra distance and he's proven he can go wide come around others.
GreenasGrass
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:53 pm

When is post time?
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Track is very speed favoring. Not liking Top Billing's chances today, especially with where he's starting from. If he wins this, or even hits the board really, I'll be surprised.
Horsebagger
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:58 pm

agrussel wrote:Will Top Billing's post make his own race closer to 1 1/8M than 1 1/16?
And if so ... doesn't the added distance actually favor his style/ability?
This is some alarmingly flawed logic that will be a short cut to the poor house if you are considering a life of betting.
Somnambulist

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:58 pm

GreenasGrass wrote:When is post time?
5:31
GreenasGrass
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks.
agrussel
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 am

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
agrussel wrote:Will Top Billing's post make his own race closer to 1 1/8M than 1 1/16?
And if so ... doesn't the added distance actually favor his style/ability?
This is some alarmingly flawed logic that will be a short cut to the poor house if you are considering a life of betting.

Great answer.
Please explain.

I posted the question as a legitimate thought, but I didn't profess to be right.
I'm actually wanting to hear opinions/learn.
I don't have a problem being wrong and learning from other trains of thought.

So why don't you be constructive/educational and lose the condescending response or just ignore the question in the first place.
PalaceMalice
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:38 pm
Location: Canada

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Any free website with a live stream?
Horsebagger
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:21 pm

agrussel wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:
agrussel wrote:Will Top Billing's post make his own race closer to 1 1/8M than 1 1/16?
And if so ... doesn't the added distance actually favor his style/ability?
This is some alarmingly flawed logic that will be a short cut to the poor house if you are considering a life of betting.

Great answer.
Please explain.

I posted the question as a legitimate thought, but I didn't profess to be right.
I'm actually wanting to hear opinions/learn.
I don't have a problem being wrong and learning from other trains of thought.

So why don't you be constructive/educational and lose the condescending response or just ignore the question in the first place.
I'll choose to ignore THIS post. You're on you're own.
User avatar
larrythek
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm
Location: Los Angeles / San Francisco

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Top Billing opens at 1/2 :cry:
Somnambulist

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:26 pm

larrythek wrote:Top Billing opens at 1/2 :cry:
I find the mind of bettors to be fascinating.
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:29 pm

PalaceMalice wrote:Any free website with a live stream?
You have to have an account with XpressBet which I think is free, but they ask for credit card information. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Somnambulist

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:30 pm

ChampionCurlin wrote:
PalaceMalice wrote:Any free website with a live stream?
You have to have an account with XpressBet which I think is free, but they ask for credit card information. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
No, it's required. But they never require you to bet.
User avatar
dustino140
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:31 pm

agrussel wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:
agrussel wrote:Will Top Billing's post make his own race closer to 1 1/8M than 1 1/16?
And if so ... doesn't the added distance actually favor his style/ability?
This is some alarmingly flawed logic that will be a short cut to the poor house if you are considering a life of betting.

Great answer.
Please explain.

I posted the question as a legitimate thought, but I didn't profess to be right.
I'm actually wanting to hear opinions/learn.
I don't have a problem being wrong and learning from other trains of thought.

So why don't you be constructive/educational and lose the condescending response or just ignore the question in the first place.
Well, he won't lose THAT much ground, even with his post ;). He'll cover some more ground than the frontrunners, but it won't necessarily be a huge story unless Rosario completely botches the trip or if things really fall unfavorably for him. Expect Rosario to take him back and try to make one run, and with some decent speed inside of him, he shouldn't concede a lot of ground so much as they may have to take back a bit further than they'd ideally want to in trying to drop in and salvaging some ground. The problem at Gulfstream is that these 8.5f races start very close to the first turn, and even taking a turn 4 or 5 wide early, instead of 2 or 3 wide, puts a horse at an extreme disadvantage as compared to the horses inside of him. Ten, twenty, thirty feet here and there are distances that Top Billing will need to make up at some point of the running, probably on a straight. The other problem for them is that Gulfstream has been relatively speed favoring this meet. Not disturbingly speed favoring, but it is a track that you aren't going to make a huge closing move down the lane over. At least not often. Knowing Shug, he's going to want Rosario to do best by the horse, and if that has them coming up a bit short today, that's not the end of the world. The goal will be if he can put in a big kick. He just has a lot of good horses to navigate around and past.
PalaceMalice
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:38 pm
Location: Canada

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah but I'm from Canada, I don't think I can register :cry:
Indianapolis
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Commissioner at 7-1? Track bias or not he is a great value.
Post Reply