Leave the Light On & Far From Over?

Mylute

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 am

Hello everyone! This is my first post to the forum but I've been a longtime lurker. Happy to be here! :D

There's been two horses on my mind for a while, horses that I liked on the Derby trail because of their names (and talent of course). They are Leave the Light On and Far From Over.

Leave the Light On (Horse Greeley x Lantern Glow + Mineshaft) has not raced since January 30, 2016. He won the 2014 Remsen Stakes as a juvenile and was sidelined in spring of 2015 after sustaining an ankle injury while working at Palm Meadows. In his comeback (and presumably final) race he was third. Chad Brown trainee.

Far From Over (Blame x Alchemist + A.P. Indy) has not raced since June 27, 2017. He won the 2014 Withers Stakes in February and was sidelined due to a fracture sustained while training in March. He made a return 16 months later and won, and in his last start he was second in an allowance. Todd Pletcher trainee.

I was hoping to find an update on these boys, since my research on another, Itsaknockout, led me to Pedigree Query which said "standing in Venezuela" (eew no).
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Izvestia

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:47 pm

There is an export on file for Leave the Light On.
Flanders

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:41 pm

I can't find anything on either of them besides what Izvestia found. I would assume Leave The Light On is at stud somewhere.

I did find a photo of Itsaknockout shortly after he arrived in Venezuela. I guess his first year at stud was 2017, so his first foals should be arriving now.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Baxt9fOAQNt ... arasoropal