Justify/Restoring Hope...quite the duo

Catalina

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:20 am

Stronach seems to have a great need to be a) financially successful and b) universally admired and beloved (remind you of somebody else?) and when that fails here, too, he'll probably pack up his flying draft horse and move on. I have never viewed him as savior of horse racing, here or in Austria.
stark

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 am

Catalina wrote:Stronach seems to have a great need to be a) financially successful and b) universally admired and beloved (remind you of somebody else?) and when that fails here, too, he'll probably pack up his flying draft horse and move on. I have never viewed him as savior of horse racing, here or in Austria.
Different strokes for different folks.
While he's not my best friend and I certainly didn't like his initial idea of destroying the Santa Anita hillside and I know some people think he's beyond crazy, I think there are some pretty solid financial numbers to back up his ideas over the years. If "you" insist on having a National Czar, I think you could do worse things than to elect Frank and Belinda (see CDI). He seems to see the sport from all angles, from profits to breeding to betting to fans to owners to a horse's retirement, and that's what's needed, not many people with that background exist out there.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Catalina

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 pm

He reminds me too much of the Walmart issue: Walmart tries to build lots of Walmart stores which then drives out the small retailers, and then, when the Walmart store doesn't make the expected profit, Walmart closes the store and leaves the community with no stores at all.

Which leads me to San Luis Rey. Thankfully Stronach changed his mind and rebuilt San Luis Rey. Because originally he wasn't planning to.
Kurenai
Site Admin

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:NHROC

Commissioner Kurenal if he is willing show ability of a true handicapper
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm such a shitty handicapper. I'd be fine with vet stuff, horse welfare and all that. I'd be the wrong gal for the job
BigDonOKC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Kurenai wrote:
BigDonOKC wrote:NHROC

Commissioner Kurenal if he is willing show ability of a true handicapper
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm such a shitty handicapper. I'd be fine with vet stuff, horse welfare and all that. I'd be the wrong gal for the job
Hay gal we all are --- we are only as good as our last race.
stark

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:
Curtis now that you posted may be Stark will stop call or refereeing to me as Curtis. Also the race I refer to was over 10 years ago it ran 1-2-4 and they show it as 1-2-4-3 and I had 1-2b they would not pay 1-2b because the 2 was not a live runner and they said the 2b was not running for purse.
So I was playing Belmont's 6th race today and really liked In Denile the 1 horse boxed with the 4, I guess I get paid even though I ran 4th, what a country!
1st: 1A Out Of Orbit $12.00 $4.30 $2.70
2nd: 4 Missbigtimes $3.10 $2.50
3rd: 3 Makin' Out $3.00
4th: 1 In Denile $12.00 $4.30 $2.70
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.