The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby RuffiantoRags » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:58 am

My dad does not have to struggle anymore with Alzheimer's. He lost his battle early this morning, 3 days before his 89th birthday.
Love you forever dad.
RuffiantoRags

Postby stark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:11 am

Very sorry for your loss R2R.

Remember the good times!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm

I am so sorry R2R. I know the challenges of dealing with dementia in a parent with failing health, which is hard on all the caregivers. I'm sending you and your family love and healing thoughts.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Catalina » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:39 pm

In deepest sympathy, R2R.
Catalina

Postby Starine » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Sorry for your loss, R2R. I hope you and your family are able to find peace during this difficult time.
Starine

Postby peeptoad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:00 am

RuffiantoRags wrote:My dad does not have to struggle anymore with Alzheimer's. He lost his battle early this morning, 3 days before his 89th birthday.
Love you forever dad.

Sorry, Ruff. My father also suffers with this terrible disease; although lifestyle changes have really slowed the progression there is no going back. I feel your pain. I hate ALZ.
peeptoad

Postby starrydreamer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:53 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:My dad does not have to struggle anymore with Alzheimer's. He lost his battle early this morning, 3 days before his 89th birthday.
Love you forever dad.

I'm sorry for your loss.
starrydreamer

Postby Ballerina » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Love you forever dad.

A dreadful disease. Like a picture puzzle, a piece of the brain disappears almost every day. We went through it with my mother-in-law. My poor husband - such a faithful to the end son. I am so sorry for your loss.
Ballerina

Postby RuffiantoRags » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 am

My family and I buried dad yesterday. It was a beautiful day, beautiful ceremony, and we all have beautiful memories. I was able to read my
story about dad, my grown children did too. Mom who is also at the same nursing home dad was, did great. She's recovering from a stroke,
but had direct instructions earlier of what she wanted dad to wear (a suit he wore on his last work day at IBM). We all put in what was appropriate
to have with dad, a bird statute, pictures, a tie pin of an airplane propeller, his log book when he flew planes, and an un built model plane. Following,
the family gathered at a local restaurant to continue to celebrate dad and catch up on what everyone has been doing in their lives. It was beautiful,
out on a covered deck overlooking the Hudson River, watching boats go by. Dad would have wanted to be there. It just went so well, and I am
so pleased, which also helps me with closure. Thank you all for your comments here.
RuffiantoRags

Postby stark » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:41 am

Sounds lovely R2R.

And a good reminder for me to continue working on my dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsY6UrFIsNs
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around