Peace and War

Re: Peace and War

Postby Flanders » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:25 am

Awesome. I really liked the looks of her last fall. I hope she runs well.
Flanders

Postby Flanders » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:25 pm

She ran last, I think.
Flanders

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:23 pm

I thought she was third?
Nevermind...from the brief articles I could find, she was definitely off the board.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Izvestia » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:44 pm

She was last.
Izvestia

Postby mimi6920 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:35 pm

I didn't see any recorded works for her in the Keeneland program I bought yesterday. Is it possible that they ran her in this race without any prior works? That just seems crazy...
mimi6920

Postby Catalina » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:45 pm

mimi6920 wrote:I didn't see any recorded works for her in the Keeneland program I bought yesterday. Is it possible that they ran her in this race without any prior works? That just seems crazy...

One 2F breeze (1/1) on April 2.
Catalina

Postby BlindLucky » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Catalina wrote:
mimi6920 wrote:I didn't see any recorded works for her in the Keeneland program I bought yesterday. Is it possible that they ran her in this race without any prior works? That just seems crazy...

She only shipped into the US about a week ago, I think. She hadn't been at Keeneland very long.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby dustino140 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:51 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Catalina wrote:

She only shipped into the US about a week ago, I think. She hadn't been at Keeneland very long.

Yep, she did all of her preparation for the race in the UK.
dustino140

Postby krmemories » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:52 pm

http://www.keeneland.com/racing/keeneland-barn-notes-april-19

STEVENS STILL HOPING FOR OAKS SHOT WITH PEACE AND WAR
In nine days, entries will be taken for the Longines Kentucky Oaks (G1). For Qatar Racing’s Peace and War to get a spot in the 14-horse starting gate, eight horses with more than the 10 points she has attained will have to pass on the race.
With the thought in mind that a slim chance still exists, trainer Olly Stevens elected to work Peace and War early Sunday morning on the dirt at Keeneland.
“Why worry about rain and work on the turf when the Oaks is what we came for?,” Stevens said. “I am praying that we get in. If we get a shot, that is where we want to go.”
With exercise rider Tegan Clark aboard, Peace and War worked a half-mile in :47.60 with fractions of :12, :24 and :36 over a fast track.
Winner of the Darley Alcibiades (G1) here last fall to earn 10 points toward the Oaks, Peace and War finished last in the Central Bank Ashland (G1) on April 4 in her first race in six months.
“She has done well since the Ashland,” Stevens said. “She had a little skin infection and missed one day of training but had a nice work (last Monday). She did well this morning and I had her in :47 and a shade.
“It is frustrating. She was the fourth-ranked filly in the world last year and under the old system (of graded stakes earnings to get in the Oaks) she would be in the top 10. I know she is a good filly. Maybe I underestimated how taxing the dirt track could be.”
Stevens said Julien Leparoux would retain the mount on Peace and War, who would go to Churchill Downs “as late as possible.”
Peace and War also is nominated to the $200,000 Eight Belles (G3) at seven furlongs on the main track and the $150,000 Edgewood (G3) at 1 1/16 miles on the grass. Both races are May 1, the same day as the Oaks. In Kentucky, horses may be entered in only one race on a given day.
“If the Eight Belles were at a mile, we would look at that,” Stevens said. “I will get with (Racing Secretary) Ben (Huffman) and see how it looks. I may enter (the Oaks can have 18 entries with four also-eligibles) and if we can’t get in look at the ($250,000, Grade 2) Black-Eyed Susan (at 1 1/8 miles on May 15 at Pimlico).”
krmemories

Postby Izvestia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:50 am

I really don't think that filly has justified any decision towards racing in the KY Oaks. There are some really good fillies in the race this year, and her last race was terrible. She had excuses, but she probably didn't get anything out of that race. Seems like feeding her to do the dogs if they send her to the Oaks.
Izvestia

Previous

Return to Whatever Happened To?