Retirements 2014

BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Fed Biz officially retired, will stand at WinStar for $12,500:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ar-in-2015
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4655
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Heard that Jaycito has been retired and will stand at Haras Vista Hermosa, Venezuela.
http://www.harasvistahermosa.com/page.html
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1241
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Heard that Jaycito has been retired and will stand at Haras Vista Hermosa, Venezuela.
http://www.harasvistahermosa.com/page.html
Looks like a beautiful place. I hope they take good care of him, and he does well at stud...


WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4655
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:44 am

WarBiscuit wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Heard that Jaycito has been retired and will stand at Haras Vista Hermosa, Venezuela.
http://www.harasvistahermosa.com/page.html
Looks like a beautiful place. I hope they take good care of him, and he does well at stud...


WarBiscuit
Yeah, me too. I was quite fond of him. Sometimes you're just really really happy as you take a horse out of your virtual stable!
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:34 pm

DRF is reporting that Centre Court has been retired.
Less than $40,000 shy of being a millionaire, the 5-year-old turf mare Centre Court will not race at Churchill Downs on Nov. 22 in the Grade 3 Cardinal Handicap and instead has been retired, trainer Rusty Arnold said this week from Keeneland. “I didn’t like the way she worked [Monday],” said Arnold. “She’s been too good to us not to go ahead and retire her.”
http://home.drf.com/
Catalina
Posts: 3151
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:09 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:DRF is reporting that Centre Court has been retired.
Less than $40,000 shy of being a millionaire, the 5-year-old turf mare Centre Court will not race at Churchill Downs on Nov. 22 in the Grade 3 Cardinal Handicap and instead has been retired, trainer Rusty Arnold said this week from Keeneland. “I didn’t like the way she worked [Monday],” said Arnold. “She’s been too good to us not to go ahead and retire her.”
http://home.drf.com/
Hope she's OK and can enjoy a long, healthy retirement.
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Mr. over-rated himself has been retired and will stand in Florida.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... roughbreds
User avatar
sweettalk
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Izvestia wrote:Mr. over-rated himself has been retired and will stand in Florida.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... roughbreds
he started a lot more times than i thought he did. shows you what an impact he had on me.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2652
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:55 am

I'm guessing Fiftyshadesofhay and Dayatthespa are retired because they are both on the Stonestreet Broodmare page.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:20 am

I'd have loved to see Dayatthespa race next year, but she sure went out in a blaze of Grade 1 glory.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 pm

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:15 am

BlindLucky wrote:This is just official acknowledgement that JJ's Lucky Train was claimed and retired earlier this year and is headed off to stud in WV :D

http://jjsluckytrain.com/
JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... z3JtCOijNI
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1241
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
BlindLucky wrote:This is just official acknowledgement that JJ's Lucky Train was claimed and retired earlier this year and is headed off to stud in WV :D

http://jjsluckytrain.com/
JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... z3JtCOijNI
Great story. Thanks for posting this. I followed him early on and then lost track of him as he made the descent. Thanks to Anna and all involved who have
made him a very lucky horse. I hope he does well at regional stud duty...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Hudson Landing
http://www.drf.com/news/grade-3-winning ... utah-ranch
"Hudson Landing, who finished his career with 12 wins, eight seconds, 11 thirds, and $561,343 in earnings, will become [owner] Chappell’s personal riding horse at his ranches in Utah and Idaho."
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:01 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Hudson Landing
http://www.drf.com/news/grade-3-winning ... utah-ranch
"Hudson Landing, who finished his career with 12 wins, eight seconds, 11 thirds, and $561,343 in earnings, will become [owner] Chappell’s personal riding horse at his ranches in Utah and Idaho."
That's a really cool story. He claimed Hudson Landing in 2012, and while it's probably sad to know he won't be running anymore, it's gotta be fun to know that he'll be coming home in time for the holidays and can spend a nice, sound retirement as a riding horse at his place :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Eighttofasttocatch finishes his racehorse career as a winner (and a millionaire), and now heads off to a second career as an event horse.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... nnings-win
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:02 am

Multiple stakes winner Gourmet Dinner has been retired through NYTHA's Take The Lead program. He'll head to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to be re-trained for a second career.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1241
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:34 pm

BlindLucky wrote:Multiple stakes winner Gourmet Dinner has been retired through NYTHA's Take The Lead program. He'll head to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to be re-trained for a second career.
Glad to hear it. He struggled this past year. Goes out a millionaire - healthy, happy and sound. Can't do better than that!

Good luck to Gourmet Dinner in his new career...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:58 pm

BlindLucky wrote:Multiple stakes winner Gourmet Dinner has been retired through NYTHA's Take The Lead program. He'll head to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to be re-trained for a second career.
Gourmet Dinner has arrived for some letdown and post-track training, and is apparently a perfect gentleman :)

Image
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Strathnaver retired. What a nice mare!

http://www.drf.com/news/strathnaver-retired
Post Reply