Pennsylvania Racing

Pennsylvania Racing

Postby PJMIII » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Swift Warrior, a two-time Grade 3 stakes winner early this season who was beaten less than a length in a Grade 2 event two starts back, appears to hold a distinct class advantage in Saturday’s $250,000 Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association President’s Cup at Parx Racing.

http://www.drf.com/news/parx-racing-swi ... idents-cup
PJMIII
 
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby PJMIII » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:39 am

PJMIII wrote:Swift Warrior, a two-time Grade 3 stakes winner early this season who was beaten less than a length in a Grade 2 event two starts back, appears to hold a distinct class advantage in Saturday’s $250,000 Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association President’s Cup at Parx Racing.

http://www.drf.com/news/parx-racing-swi ... idents-cup

From Brisnet

Swift Warrior (First Samurai), a multiple Grade 3 winner earlier in the season, outclassed eight rivals to take Saturday's $250,000 PTHA President's Cup at Parx Racing by 1 1/4 lengths. The 4-5 favorite in the nine-furlong grass test run on firm ground, the five-year-old finished up in 1:47 4/5 under Jose Ortiz. Campaigned by James Covello and James Dolan, the John Terranova trainee landed the John B. Connally Turf Cup (G3) and Tampa Bay S. (G3) last winter, but had placed in just one of three subsequent starts, finishing a close third in the Colonial Turf Cup (G2) two back. His record now stands at 24-7-2-8, $616,853.
PJMIII
 
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby PJMIII » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Presque Isle Downs: Primed for Passion seeks fifth straight win in HBPA Stakes

Primed for Passion will look for her fifth win in as many starts this year in the $100,000 HBPA Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday evening at Presque Isle Downs. It is the final card of the 100-day Presque Isle meet, and the race will be run as the fifth of eight races.

http://www.drf.com/news/presque-isle-do ... bpa-stakes
PJMIII
 
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby dustino140 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Always a shame to see Presque Isle closing up for the meet. No, I'm not being sarcastic.
User avatar
dustino140
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 pm

dustino140 wrote:Always a shame to see Presque Isle closing up for the meet. No, I'm not being sarcastic.


Yes, what will you do on your slow nights off?
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 6976
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby dustino140 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
dustino140 wrote:Always a shame to see Presque Isle closing up for the meet. No, I'm not being sarcastic.


Yes, what will you do on your slow nights off?


Nights off? Heck, I generally catch the first two races from work on RTN, bet the 3rd from the highway and then catch the rest from home. #bachelorlife

If the gigantic $1,050 Pick 6 carryover makes it until Thursday, I'm taking down the entire pool.
User avatar
dustino140
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 pm

dustino140 wrote:Nights off? Heck, I generally catch the first two races from work on RTN, bet the 3rd from the highway and then catch the rest from home. #bachelorlife


The novacaine hasn't worn off and laughing.. not smart. I'm wearing beer now. Wow that's attractive.

I hope they move that filly that almost beat Groupie Doll up in class or something. KEE calls.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 6976
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby dustino140 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
dustino140 wrote:Nights off? Heck, I generally catch the first two races from work on RTN, bet the 3rd from the highway and then catch the rest from home. #bachelorlife


The novacaine hasn't worn off and laughing.. not smart. I'm wearing beer now. Wow that's attractive.

I hope they move that filly that almost beat Groupie Doll up in class or something. KEE calls.


Beer and Burger King...can you say dream woman?

The trainer said that there is a good chance she would go to Keeneland assuming she comes out of the Masters ok. She's now 7-6-1-0 on synthetics.
User avatar
dustino140
 
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby PJMIII » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Dick Jerardi: Stephen Got Bud has danced every dance

Just about every track in America has a horse like Stephen Got Bud, the horse who, once he finds his proper level of competition, runs the same race month after month. In a game marked by inconsistency, bettors love the consistent horse.

http://www.drf.com/news/dick-jerardi-st ... very-dance
PJMIII
 
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

Postby PJMIII » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:05 am

Penn National Sets Average Handle Record

Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course posted a record daily average pari-mutuel handle for its 197-night meet in 2013, a track official said Dec. 30.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... dle-record
PJMIII
 
Posts: 8331
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Next

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests