Justify

Retrospectiv

Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Big Brown may have been happiest running on the grass, which could have been kinder to his feet. He shuttled to Australia for a year or more, and I wonder how his offspring did being strictly grass horses?
He failed miserably as a sire in Australia... :?
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
BaroqueAgain1

Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 pm

I guess that helps to explain why he's now standing in New York.
Squeaky

Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Video of J’s gallop today someone posted on twitter that he kind of threw his head up when changing leads at the top of the stretch.. had not noticed that before? What do you all think?
Squeaky

Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm

Video on XBTV
BaroqueAgain1

Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

Caleb on TVG just said that Justify now weighs 1,300 lbs. :shock:
I guess when Baffert said the colt was 'an eating machine,' he wasn't kidding. :lol:
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stark

Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Squeaky wrote:Video of J’s gallop today someone posted on twitter that he kind of threw his head up when changing leads at the top of the stretch.. had not noticed that before? What do you all think?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_paralysis
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
CoronadosQuest

Thu May 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Squeaky wrote:Video of J’s gallop today someone posted on twitter that he kind of threw his head up when changing leads at the top of the stretch.. had not noticed that before? What do you all think?
I didn't see anything concerning when I watched the video that bloodhorse has of today's gallop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7TIzQTJQM
tcw

Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 pm

I think it's time for some people to put the microscope back on the shelf and give it a break. Even if/when there's nothing there, it can get to the point where "something" will be found, even when that "something" is in reality nothing.
Ballerina

Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 pm

tcw wrote:I think it's time for some people to put the microscope back on the shelf and give it a break. Even if/when there's nothing there, it can get to the point where "something" will be found, even when that "something" is in reality nothing.
MySaladDays

Fri May 18, 2018 12:10 am

tcw wrote:
I think it's time for some people to put the microscope back on the shelf and give it a break. Even if/when there's nothing there, it can get to the point where "something" will be found, even when that "something" is in reality nothing.

"Just shut up and dole out your $$" doesn't work for me. :)

Evaluating conformation etc. is an individual subjective thing. Even a hangnail on a foot can change your movement, etc. People see what they see, and unless you are an expert then other people's perceptions are valid.

A horse can be "off" and still win. It happens every day all throughout the land. But that doesn't meana they're not "off" and people who evaluate hind quarters, etc. may notice something that you do not. If you've had a horse with a bruise, and you are used to being with him/her every day, then you may notice something that others don't, etc.

Wasn't Arrogate supposed to be okay then he wasn't?
Ballerina

Fri May 18, 2018 6:25 am

Overanalyzing anything can wind up with mind phucking yourself. There comes a time when you just have to make a decision and usually your first thought/instinct winds up being the best.
stark

Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 am

stark

Fri May 18, 2018 10:11 am

Jay Privman
‏@DRFPrivman

After training this morning, Lukas sat in a chair at his end of the stakes barn and watched the runners pass by. Upon seeing Justify, he remarked, "This is King Kong. He's different."
Big Ten

Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 pm

I think among all of Baffert's horses he has trained, Justify is not only my favorite horse he's had, but my favorite in terms of his looks. American Pharoah and Arrogate never really did for me when it comes to attractiveness.

I actually had Barbaro as my favorite Derby winner ever surpassing my beloved Silver Charm for me. But it hurts to watch his Preakness and seeing him breakdown. Cross fingers something like that doesn't happen tomorrow for everyone.

Then for awhile, it was California Chrome and American Pharoah but I wasn't living in the country when they won it. I never made money on them. I prefer CC over AP just because he was the one who rejuvenated my love for the sport again and he's cuter.

So Justify it is. Our new flavor of the year and perhaps my personal favorite for this decade. I consider Zenyatta more 2000's even though she ran in 2010. I think the Preakness and Belmont are just trap races for gambling degenerates though.

My plan is to catch the NBC telecast tomorrow. Check on it for 15 minutes. Then go to LosAl for Belmont if a Triple Crown is on the line. No betting for either one. Just going to eat a hot dog while watching the Belmont. Then I'll bounce real quick.

Justify is becoming like Spectacular Bid where he becomes an odds-on favorite for most of his career. Potentially a great horse but a bad bet for the rest of his career. I'm cool with it. I already made my money on the race he needed to win two weeks ago.

Good luck tomorrow, buddy.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Ballerina

Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm still holding your beer, Justify. Probably will still be holding it for the Belmont.
barbaro111

Fri May 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Big Ten wrote:I think among all of Baffert's horses he has trained, Justify is not only my favorite horse he's had, but my favorite in terms of his looks. American Pharoah and Arrogate never really did for me when it comes to attractiveness.

I actually had Barbaro as my favorite Derby winner ever surpassing my beloved Silver Charm for me. But it hurts to watch his Preakness and seeing him breakdown. Cross fingers something like that doesn't happen tomorrow for everyone.

Then for awhile, it was California Chrome and American Pharoah but I wasn't living in the country when they won it. I never made money on them. I prefer CC over AP just because he was the one who rejuvenated my love for the sport again and he's cuter.

So Justify it is. Our new flavor of the year and perhaps my personal favorite for this decade. I consider Zenyatta more 2000's even though she ran in 2010. I think the Preakness and Belmont are just trap races for gambling degenerates though.

My plan is to catch the NBC telecast tomorrow. Check on it for 15 minutes. Then go to LosAl for Belmont if a Triple Crown is on the line. No betting for either one. Just going to eat a hot dog while watching the Belmont. Then I'll bounce real quick.

Justify is becoming like Spectacular Bid where he becomes an odds-on favorite for most of his career. Potentially a great horse but a bad bet for the rest of his career. I'm cool with it. I already made my money on the race he needed to win two weeks ago.

Good luck tomorrow, buddy.

I love American Pharoah ---he is a great horse in a plain brown wrapper
Justify is a spectacular hunk of a horse--- he is stunning
Big Ten

Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/18/bob-baffe ... o-pharoah/
We got Baffert at LAX earlier this week, and he told our camera guy the Triple Crown winner isn't in Justify's company at all, because Baffert -- who trained both horses -- thinks Justify is better. 

"He's a superior horse," Bob says. "And he's come really quick. He's done it a little bit quicker than Pharoah."

I'm not sure about that, but then again, I never trained American Pharoah and Justify like Bob has. He certainly seems to be a prisoner of the moment like after he won Dubai with Arrogate or maybe he just enjoys Justify more.

I don't know if Justify wins the Triple Crown. I'm only 25% confident with that or Baffert's 1 for 4 record. I'm not sure if he can slow down enough to keep going 12F with a fresh horse like Bolt d'Oro there. I'm only 90% he wins the Preakness. I was 95% he would win the Kentucky Derby knowing it's the easier race to hit nowadays and how the Preakness is such a fast turnaround and that bruised heel of his.

All I know is, I like Justify more than American Pharoah. I like his looks, physique, easier name to say, and he made me money. That's all I care about. If he will never be as good as AP, as fast as Arrogate, or never wins again, I don't care. I like what I like and I prefer Justify over AP and Arrogate. Beautiful horse. The most beautiful Baffert has ever had that I ever laid my eyes on.

I really wouldn't be heartbroken if Justify loses tomorrow or in the Belmont. The silver lining with it is a potential 4YO campaign. If he wins the TC, it means he might have only 2 or 3 races left in his career. And I definitely would love to see Justify racing as a 4YO. I want to see more of this gorgeous hunk next year at Santa Anita.

Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Ballerina

Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Justify wins tomorrow and he wins the Belmont. The knowing gut says so. :-)
Squeaky

Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 pm

I think so too!
Kurenai
Site Admin

Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 pm

You can hold his beer Ballerina, I hold the mic I can drop for him once he crosses the finish line tomorrow. :lol:

Not too sure about the Belmont though to be honest, while I can't think of any horse in particular that is able to beat him quality wise, I still don't know how he will do if he has to run longer and I also fear that with the frequent races now he might lose his head a bit and then get cooked in a speed duel in the Belmont (sort of what happened to Smarty Jones). On the other hand.... American Pharoah did just fine winning it wire to wire. Anyway, let's get over the Preakness hurdle first. :lol: